2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1483 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Tough truck, tows well

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Big enough to intiminate slow pokes."

Cons: "uncomfortable driver/passenger seats"

"Doesn't like to tow in 5th gear (automatic) and 4th uses a lot of gas at 50 mph. But it's strong and the locking rear axel is great on slippery boat ramps. The 12v to 110V converter in the bed really comes in handy camping or trimming bushes around the yard. Over 4 years old and the gold paint still looks like new. The temp/compass indicator died but was a free easy fix with directions provided on the net. I don't off road much but when I've been in the bush the truck seemed to like the challenge. The best part.. My dog loves it."

awesome truck

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Cons: "4cyl. auto in the mountains isnt very fun"

"Own a 4cyl. ext cab sr5 2005 2wd since 26k, now has 93k. Great truck! no issues. Taken me across the country 4 times."

Love My Truck

By on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cons: "not a one."

"Love this truck. Has been very reliable and a great purchase. I have own mine for two years and only had to change the oil and rotate tires. Handles very well in Michigan's four seasons. Have to say for a little truck it had done the work I have needed it to with out fail. From towing cars to hauling shingles. Love this truck."

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Awesome, yet not perfect

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Despite all of the problems Toyota has had, the Tacoma is an awesome vehicle. I drove it all the way from Greeley, CO. to Indiana, and back, 2400 miles, and it averaged 26 MPG with the 2.7L. I had about 300 pounds in the bed. My truck is the basic 2 door, 2WD, 4 speed automatic, and through all the hills in Kansas and Missouri, it pulled itself right up, never downshifting. The seats in the base model do leave something to be desired with the fact that the backrest can't be adjusted, all they do is move forward and back, but are still comfortable. Also, wind noise is a problem around the doors and under the vehicle. Other than that it was a pleasure to drive. The ride quality is superb under load. If you're looking for a midsize truck, my only recommendation is this. Get cruise control and power windows/locks. Another issue is the 2.7 is great for driving below 6000 feet, but once I get into the mountains the performance drop is a small disappointment. my grandmother has an FJ with the 4.0L V6 that is offered in the bigger Tacomas and it doesn't suffer from power loss. So if you're going to get one, go for the SR5 with the V6."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals