2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1497 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Great midsize truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, reliable"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage, not great"

"Great midsize truck, powerful enough to pull small trailer (u-haul). Not difficult to park. Great quality and reliability. Decent gas mileage, not great, 18-22 road."

Tacoma prerunner

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an '07 doublecab and this is a great vehicle. The best thing I like about this vehicle is that it is very versatile. I have had it almost two years no complaints no surprises. Very happy with my toyota"

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

Very Happy

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"this truck is great! Very recommended, I have the TRD Off-Road package double cab and it has everything, towing, power, storage, and the ability to tote my family around. It is a wonderful vehicle, rides great has good "get up" and the engineering/conveniences and attention to detail are fantastic. Go get yourself one"

Still needs improvement

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"The 2005 model was a much needed and highly welcomed upgrade from the lingering smaller tacoma that it replaced. The larger interior size, which was its previous downfall as it was very cramp and confining has been transformed into a roomy spacious cabin!! controls are easy to reach and layout is about where you expect things to be. The 4.0L V6 has great power available and returns respectable MPG (I get about 18MPG overall with an automatic - I'd have to cruise about 65MPH on the freeway to break 20MPG) responcive handling and expected somewhat stiff ride for the TRD off-road pkg. Inside agian, they went gangbusters for storage. behind AND under the back seats there is enourmous storage for tiedowns, tools, chains, blankets, food and what ever you may need for emergencies - really, there is toms of storage!! Now then, here's what i didn't like about the new Taco: the cloth seats are terrbile at stains - if you even spill WATER on the cloth seats, it will leave a water mark!! get them wet at all and you have a water mark!! the radio is very difficult to see in the daytime, and impossible to see when wearing sunglasses!! The standard LED in-dash clock is the same one they been using for over 20 YEARS - you'd think they could at least upgrade the clock!! also no glove box light, my old 1993 Toyota p-up had that??!! the drivers side power window controls are also not visible at night - they're supposed to be illuminated, but you fumble around and test each button to figure out which window control your lowering. And oh, the tranny - when on cruise, and the speed drops down a slight bit or you increase the speed by more than 3 MPH - the tranny will, for some reason, drop 2 gears, the engien will jump 1500 RPM - just to gain that 2-3 MPH??!! Overall, I wish I would have given the new Taco model a year or two to get the bugs out before buying one. Although I enjoy the truck, I'd have a hard time recommending this years model"

Best Truck on the market

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I've had a Tacoma double cab TRD Off Road for three years now and it has never let me down. The first two years I had it I lived in Summit County (Where Breckenridge/Keystone/Arapahoe-Basin Ski resorts are) and used it for everyday travel through some of the worst snow conditions in the states. In two years I towed at least 50-60 people out of ditches and snowdrifts with this truck. That included me towing a rear wheel drive Ford F-250 out of the Arapahoe Basin Ski Area parking lot to the cheers of everyone around."

05 4x4 Acess TRD SR5 V-6, 6 speed

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I've had many trucks over the years Chevys, Nissans, 4 cyl, V-8, deisels, etc, and I like the 05 Tacoma better than any I've had... Mine is an Access cab, 4x4 V-6, 6 speed TRD SR5.....It has so many improvements over the smaller previous Tacoma's...the Truck is a little bigger and now is more like a mid size truck, but not as big as my Chevy 1/2 ton.....It is pretty much fully loaded, and I like all the toys, including the 6 speed.....Everything on the truck operates beautifully, as you would expect from a Toyota....It has small things like outside temp gauge and compass....The 2 small back doors are great for hauling the small stuff in the back seat area......Mileage is about 20....about as advertised (and much better than 13mpg of a GM 4x4)......Overall...I LOVE IT !.....will keep it for many years !"

Great light duty truck

By on Saturday, October 3, 2009

"I previously owned several small pickups and this Tacoma (my first Toyota), even though it is a base model, puts them all to shame. Zero problems with it. It handles very well at highway speeds and gets ~28 mpg w/mandated 10% eth'gas. 5th gear is an overdrive so downshifting on long hills is necessary to stay in the power curve. I bought this truck new and plan to put 300k miles on it. With this truck that should be a very realistic goal."

The Perfect 'Family' Truckster

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"My first Tacoma - a 2006 sport 4x4 off-roader. I must have been asleep when these first came out - well, no, I was too busy thinking that if you had kids, you HAD to drive a mini-van. Then I found out about it...a TRUCK with 4 doors, 4WD, and a decent interior... What?? I was in heaven - and the dreaded mini-van quickly went bye-byes. This is the perfect vehicle if you have a family but still want a pickup truck that can kick butt both on-road and off ... I can't believe I didn't buy this vehicle earlier - I LOVE it. The 4.0L V6 engine has muscle and speed and blows the competition away - whether you're engaging your friends in a friendly little flat-out race, tearing it up off-road somewhere, or traveling long distance on vacation - this is the truck to have. Mine has a leather interior and the seats are very comfortable. I do agree, however that the rest of the interior leaves something to be desired. Too barren and boring. The stereo actually has pretty good sound, but the overall look of the dash area is cheap and unattractive. Still, it's been a very dependable, fun vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as possible."

great truck

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I just bought this truck a 09 double cab with the trd sport package. Metallic grey. 4wd. I have 800 miles on it. Got a great deal 4000 off sticker with the 1000 rebate. And 4.64 financing through toyota. If your on the fence about this truck get off and go and buy one. This is a great truck. It is the best selling truck in its class and holds its resale value way better than ford or chevy. Also the best in relibility. Its a toyota so we know that. The v-6 is plenty powerfull. Gas mil. is not the best but still better than a v-8."

best value

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"If you plan to buy a small truck, tacoma is the right choice. gives you the realiability and peace of mind that you want. i have the V6 and the 4 cylinder models and they dont disappoint. value for your buck!"

great Truck

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I love my Double Cab TRD Sport Tacoma. It is one great truck that has plenty of power, great comfort, and awesome looks! My only complaints would be that it was very pricey, and the paint scratches easy."

best mid-sized truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"great power, 6500 lb towning cap. W/V6& tow package, towed my 22' off-shore boat (approx 5500 lbs ) verry well, 4x4 W/ trd off rd was extreamley capable even with OEM BFG tires, i used it on logging roads and in mud on trails in my hunting club. great interior, great on road ride evean at highway speeds, love the carbon-fiber bed, I bought the truck new and put 50,000 mi on it with no mechanical problems, just rutine maint. 17-19 MPG in city"

Oh Yeah!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"This truck so beats the Nissan SC 4 door that I traded in! Better gas mileage, more power, more room, more comfort, better ride, more everything! As always Toyota does it again."

2006 Tacoma

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Overall a great truck, you have to find something wrong with it, so I will pick on the tailgate, it is very weak and actually Toyota replaced mine free of charge, which was very nice when I bent it while loading the bed. Apparently I am not the only one this has happend to, since there is a Technica Service Bulletin on this issue. I think the engine is a little noisy sometimes and the mileage could be a little better, it isn't much better than the V8 trucks. The styling is great, the reliability and quality is very very good, other than the tailgate, I have not had a single issue with it. It starts and runs like a top, never complains and everything works like it is supposed to."

This truck Mobs!!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I use my 2005 Prerunner Dbl cab sport for towing, playing in the sand, and driving back and forth to work. 19-21mpg. Very quick acceleration, runs with my 2005 G35 sedan. I tow a 12ft trailer with 4 sport quads on it and one in the bed. Only 11mpg while towing, oh well it still pulls at a steady 75mph up and down hills. Never seen the inside of a dealership with over 42K on her. This truck mobs all over the sand of Glamis. Love it!!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I like my truck--2008 prerunner access cab (4cyl with 5sp). The automatic didn't seem to have as much power. This truck looks good and rides great. I have 2500 miles on it and get consistenly between 20-25 mpg. The only inconvenience are the suicide access doors. It is dificult to unload groceries and put in back seat when you are in a parking space with a car next to you. You always are opening and closing door to get access. But i can live with it. The truck is reliable and will hold its value. And I got a great deal from the toyota dealer. $200 under invoice (not MSRP but invoice)with zero financing for three years."

I WILL NEVER SELL THIS TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Well I am 34 years old and have owned 147 vehicles since I was 16. NO KIDDING!! I love cars. When I decided I wanted the new body style Tacoma I looked hard and long. I finally found the color I wanted with all the options I wanted and at a KILLER price of $19,000. I was asked by ALL my friends "When are you going to sell it?" My response was NEVER!! I love this truck more than any vehicle I have owned. It runs strong and looks very BUFF and not like a small pickup. The only thing I don't like is I am 6'2 and have to really bend my head to get in. I gave up a 2005 Dodge Ram HEMI 4X4 for this and it was the best decision I ever made. I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Prerunner with the TRD Off-road package. I bought it in 2007 with 13k miles on it and it now has 20,500 and I just love it. I also figured that in 5 years when I trade it in on a new one it will have held its value better than any vehicle I know of."

Will buy it again...

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I went with the PreRunner Double Cab, 4.0, Auto, 2wd, short bed, SR5 with some other options as well. There is alot of competition in this class, I also considered the Frontier, Raider, Dakota, and Canyon. I liked the looks of the Taco best, but had other things to consider. I have two children in car seats, I have to tow from time to time, and I travel from time to time, upwards of 2k miles per trip. The Dakota interior feels too cheap and not really comfy. The Raider is still a 'new' model in the class but they launched with one helluva vehicle! Only problem is, to get the power the Taco produces, their v8 was the only option. 3 bucks / gal for gas, no thanks to 13-19mpg. The Frontier exterior has too much plastic for my taste, felt more like a toy than a Nissan. The Canyon was nice, but the dealer wouldn't deal with my trade. So, I went to Toyota. I bought in Mar 07, and have had no problems. It tows well, even uphill which really impressed me...though, I only pull around 5000 lbs. The mileage of course dropped while towing, but not like I expected. You have to watch, this truck is quite tourqe'y. She'll roast the tires right off if you dig into the pedal too hard! Also, the PreRunner sits higher than the others in it's class, it actually sits up there with the 2wd full size trucks, so nerf bars are reccomended for those of shorter stature :o) All in all, satisfied. There is one thing, I should have gone with the TRD Off Road pkg. I've not had any problems in the mud or on rocky terrain. It doesn't snow here, so no problems there. It's just one of those things... I hope this helps you make your decision. Happy Driving!"

My 2nd Taco

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"This is my third Toyota truck, 2nd Tacoma. There is no better mid sized truck for my money. Very reliable and comfortable. The perfect vehicle for a commuter or a home owner who wants/needs a truck to use for day to day hauling. The best in the rough stuff, and in New England, you'd better choose the right 4x4! This truck makes driving in a storm a fun experience. No joke! Highly recommended."

Good truck

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"It's been a pretty good truck, but I have had some issues with it. An unusual ticking in the cab. The seats in my quad cab, sport trd stain horribly just from water. Took to dealership, and they had mentioned that it is documented in the event that I still have problems with this issue. Guess what? I still do. They had cleaned the interior to eliminate the stains, and as mentioned has returned. Hoping to get new seats from Toyota. Toyota builds a good vehicle, and as a previous owner of toyota's, hoping I have the same good vehicle as in the past."

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"This is my second tacoma- I had a 98 that I bought new and I traded in since i needed more back seat room. Only complaint so far is that the factory tires are cheap for a $30,000 truck and that the headliner should have some sound deadening material in it."

Excellent Truck for City and Back Country

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2005. I have bought over 36 cars and trucks in my lifetime always looking for the most reliable mode of transportation. This is by far the one for which I was always looking. It is reliable, has the needed power and styling for a truck. It came with many extras. Since I am in it so much, I added Sirius and it has also become our travel mobile so I also added an all in one DVD player. While it is sometimes difficult to park, the way it handles makes up for the inconvenience of pulling it into a tight parking space. I do not see myself trading in this one any time soon. Always have it serviced by Toyota. With over 36,000 miles, the brakes are still holding up. The tires are almost worn out and they will be replaced with Michelin LT's. Still runs tight like the first day I took it off the lot!"

2005 Reg Cab 2WD 4cyl 5 spd

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Pros: Great pick up. Excellent build quality. Toyota engineered the 5 speed manual transmission well. 4th and 5th are tall and allows low RPM cruise at freeway speeds. Expect 24 MPG city/highway driving. Handles load easily (2 persons, full tank plus 850 lbs cargo) Cons: Hard to find. It appears Toyota hates building them because there is no money in them. They would just as soon build huge 4wd V-8 4 door Tundras."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals