2009 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1482 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Tough truck, tows well

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Big enough to intiminate slow pokes."

Cons: "uncomfortable driver/passenger seats"

"Doesn't like to tow in 5th gear (automatic) and 4th uses a lot of gas at 50 mph. But it's strong and the locking rear axel is great on slippery boat ramps. The 12v to 110V converter in the bed really comes in handy camping or trimming bushes around the yard. Over 4 years old and the gold paint still looks like new. The temp/compass indicator died but was a free easy fix with directions provided on the net. I don't off road much but when I've been in the bush the truck seemed to like the challenge. The best part.. My dog loves it."

awesome truck

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Cons: "4cyl. auto in the mountains isnt very fun"

"Own a 4cyl. ext cab sr5 2005 2wd since 26k, now has 93k. Great truck! no issues. Taken me across the country 4 times."

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Awesome, yet not perfect

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Despite all of the problems Toyota has had, the Tacoma is an awesome vehicle. I drove it all the way from Greeley, CO. to Indiana, and back, 2400 miles, and it averaged 26 MPG with the 2.7L. I had about 300 pounds in the bed. My truck is the basic 2 door, 2WD, 4 speed automatic, and through all the hills in Kansas and Missouri, it pulled itself right up, never downshifting. The seats in the base model do leave something to be desired with the fact that the backrest can't be adjusted, all they do is move forward and back, but are still comfortable. Also, wind noise is a problem around the doors and under the vehicle. Other than that it was a pleasure to drive. The ride quality is superb under load. If you're looking for a midsize truck, my only recommendation is this. Get cruise control and power windows/locks. Another issue is the 2.7 is great for driving below 6000 feet, but once I get into the mountains the performance drop is a small disappointment. my grandmother has an FJ with the 4.0L V6 that is offered in the bigger Tacomas and it doesn't suffer from power loss. So if you're going to get one, go for the SR5 with the V6."

Great midsize truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, reliable"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage, not great"

"Great midsize truck, powerful enough to pull small trailer (u-haul). Not difficult to park. Great quality and reliability. Decent gas mileage, not great, 18-22 road."

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Solid, stable, powerful fun to drive"

Cons: "I have the JVC stereo not as good as my Audi A6,ha"

"This is my 5th Toyota Tacoma a 2011 SR5, 4 wheel Dr. 4 cyl. My 2004 sold for nearly what I paid for it with 90000 miles. I took a broadside t-bone and never got a scratch. This truck is as good as it gets. Hunting fishing and hauling excellent. Extra doors excellent and can seat 4 grown adults although a little cramped with a six footer driving it. Wider body is more stable than my 2004 and the mileage is about 23/gal hgwy. 4 wheel drive makes this vehicle like a tank and very stable in rain,snow or ice. If you can find a better truck buy it."

Favorite Vehicle

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"Bought my truck new. 5 years, 92000 miles later, it is tight, rattle free, no problems (except an A/C compressor). They could improve the stereo, and quiet the engine noise - but my next vehicle will be this vehicle. Excellent truck."

Very Happy

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"this truck is great! Very recommended, I have the TRD Off-Road package double cab and it has everything, towing, power, storage, and the ability to tote my family around. It is a wonderful vehicle, rides great has good "get up" and the engineering/conveniences and attention to detail are fantastic. Go get yourself one"

Still needs improvement

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"The 2005 model was a much needed and highly welcomed upgrade from the lingering smaller tacoma that it replaced. The larger interior size, which was its previous downfall as it was very cramp and confining has been transformed into a roomy spacious cabin!! controls are easy to reach and layout is about where you expect things to be. The 4.0L V6 has great power available and returns respectable MPG (I get about 18MPG overall with an automatic - I'd have to cruise about 65MPH on the freeway to break 20MPG) responcive handling and expected somewhat stiff ride for the TRD off-road pkg. Inside agian, they went gangbusters for storage. behind AND under the back seats there is enourmous storage for tiedowns, tools, chains, blankets, food and what ever you may need for emergencies - really, there is toms of storage!! Now then, here's what i didn't like about the new Taco: the cloth seats are terrbile at stains - if you even spill WATER on the cloth seats, it will leave a water mark!! get them wet at all and you have a water mark!! the radio is very difficult to see in the daytime, and impossible to see when wearing sunglasses!! The standard LED in-dash clock is the same one they been using for over 20 YEARS - you'd think they could at least upgrade the clock!! also no glove box light, my old 1993 Toyota p-up had that??!! the drivers side power window controls are also not visible at night - they're supposed to be illuminated, but you fumble around and test each button to figure out which window control your lowering. And oh, the tranny - when on cruise, and the speed drops down a slight bit or you increase the speed by more than 3 MPH - the tranny will, for some reason, drop 2 gears, the engien will jump 1500 RPM - just to gain that 2-3 MPH??!! Overall, I wish I would have given the new Taco model a year or two to get the bugs out before buying one. Although I enjoy the truck, I'd have a hard time recommending this years model"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals