2009 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1463 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great midsize truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, reliable"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage, not great"

"Great midsize truck, powerful enough to pull small trailer (u-haul). Not difficult to park. Great quality and reliability. Decent gas mileage, not great, 18-22 road."

Close to perfect.

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, simple, reliable, safe"

Cons: "TPS, seal belt monitoring system."

"I've had the two wheel drive version and the four wheel. I currently own the four wheel drive version. This is an excellent, strong, reliable truck. I have never had any issues with it, it's always been able to get me where I need to go. It's literally close to perfect. However, I wish Toyota would leave it like a truck and stop putting junk into it. A few changes I wish they'd make. Take out the seat belt sensor, it's stupid, annoying, and just the dumbest invention ever. Get rid of the Tire Pressure Monitoring system. Any guy who drives a truck doesn't need this, we can figure this out on our own. Meanwhile, all it does is cause a headache. Drop the oil filter a bit, so that those of us who change our own oil have an easier time. A little more room behind the bench seat would be really nice, perhaps 6 inches? I don't like putting tool boxes in the bed because I like to have all that space available, so a little more cab room behind the bench would be great. Last but certainly not least, I would LOVE if Toyota would put a small diesel engine in this truck. It'd give it more power and torque, not to mention even better fuel mileage. Overall, a great truck, but you can tell the folks at Toyota don't drive these trucks, much less use them like one."

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Toyota is Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"How some people can compare a Toyota with a FORD??? NO WAY!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals