• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2004 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1582 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Very dependable utility pickup

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Economical to own"

Cons: "Lousy turning radius!"

"Only one significant repair during twelve years I have owned it. Right rear wheel seal break and leaking axle oil (grease) necessitated seal replacement and brake repair . . Approx $800. Two items of minor concern. I see no need for locking door over gas filler cap AND it takes about 40 acres to turn. Will not turn sharply enough for some tight parking lots"

The Truck That Won't Quit

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, plenty of power per lb"

Cons: "Small, no power windows"

"I'm the second owner of this truck. I've put over 100,000 miles on it. hopefully I'll be able to put another 200K on the odometer. I've put this truck through everything. Hauling boat trailers, moving appliances, loading 6 buddies in the back and driving up a mountain. I get a solid 25 mpg, average, and the 2.4cyl just keeps eating up what I give it. Other than standard preventative maintainance, this truck hasn't required any major replacement parts and doesn't feel like it will anytime soon. Tacomas are built to last."

Excellent truck!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "good MPG, handle well, easy to work on, dependable"

Cons: "somewhat sparse interior"

"The Tacoma is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and handles well. The 2RZ motor is easy to work with/overhaul- though you should be able to get 250k plus miles out of it with little to no problems. This truck was well-thought out and performs excellently. It gets great gas mileage for a truck, and despite being a small truck, it can hold a substantial amount of weight in the bed. I run loads of scrap metal weighing on average 800-900 pounds, and the truck hardly squats an inch. They hold value extremely well due to their longevity/dependability. I love this truck, and would definitely recommend it to anyone."

1997 toy. truck

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"I have own my truck from day one in 1997 and the truck just keeps on going and going.====I could never ask for anything more.====This has been one super ride and I just love it.=====mike=====115,000 miles later!"

Best Truck I have owned

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Great for hauling young kids and all your stuff"

Cons: "Entertainment system works good / no auxillary jac"

"Have taken this from the mountains to the beach and back numreous times in 9+ years. Never had any major problems. Oil changes, Timing belt etc at 100,000 other than that has no problems. I have raised two young kids in the back seat. Definitely need bed extender for stuff like plywood sheets. Handles every day hauling and moving furniture great. I have never towed anything with it so I can't comment on it. Gas mileage isn't awesome 16-18 mpg in town and max 20 mpg on highway, but way better than a bigger trucks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals