• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2004 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1516 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best 4-cyl Truck On The Market!

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, never fails, does any job, lasts"

Cons: "Acceleration from 0 mph is slow - it's a 4-cyl"

"This truck has lasted through so much with 174,000 miles and going. I stay updated with my oil changes every 3,000 miles and air filter cleanings every 15,000 miles and it still runs amazingly! Starts up every time. I've towed a lot of weight for far distances with this small little truck. My first towing adventure was with an 18' boat for 200 miles. This thing handled itself flawlessly at the boat ramp dumping and hauling the boat right out of the water with surprising ease. When I moved up to Northern California I used to tow a 12' box trailer filled to the brim along with a bed load full of belongings. It trudged up the California Grapevine (a trucker's nightmare grade) never falling below 35 mph. All of the power niceties still function perfectly inside. AC, heat, power windows, power door locks, radio, tape cassette, CD player, and stereos are still going strong! Awesome little truck!"

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great everything"

Cons: "They get older but don't wear out :)"

"Best Truck I ever bought next to my other Tacoma Truck I bought just like it"

Cons: "A 4.7 V8 and it's the greatest vehicle on earth"

"Hands down the absolute greatest vehicle I have ever owned, I bought it at 70,000 miles and have put another 100,000 miles since that time. 1 unscheduled battery change is my only surprise expense. Its as solid and trustworthy as the day it was manufactured...Bullet proof. It just fits all my needs. If your looking to get one, my only tidbits would be that the back seat is tight for fullsize adults...OK for short trips, but not the long haul. Also, if you plan on pulling a trailer of more than 3000lbs (though the receiver is rated at 5000lbs), the 3.4 V6 is working hard on other than straight roads. Lastly, more good news...the advertised combined MPG is 18. I drive almost a perfect combination of City and Highway and average 19.7 MPG, 22 MPG on Highway only...with 169,000 miles on it I might add. Shop smart and you'll be as pleased as me."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals