2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1609 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned....

By on Monday, July 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable and reliable!"

Cons: "A little rough riding, but, it's a small pickup so to be expected."

"I bought this truck used with 27,000 miles on it and 2 1/2 years old. It is now over 13 years old and has almost 255,000 miles on it. I have spent many years with long commutes in this vehicle and it is so reliable and dependable! I doubt if I ever get rid of it. It's like part of the family now!"

Won't find a better vehicle

By on Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I'm 24 years old, had this vehicle since I was 14. Only car I've ever had and there's a reason for it - It's the absolute best truck I've ever experienced. VERY reliable and excellent quality. Goes anywhere I want it too and also gets over 21 mpg on highway. Will drive it till the wheels fall off..."

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The great truck

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I have owned many truck from all the popular manufactures. This by far is the best truck I have ever owned! In my opinion, it is one of the best trucks ever built. I have been all over North America with my Tacoma & in all kinds of terrain, from smooth paved roads to rugged, rocky, steep, frozen, snow covered, & extreme desert heat & it has conquered & never let me down. I have pulled campers, boats, & all kinds of trailers with ease. Just recently I was on an Elk hunt in the mountains of Northern Arizona. We were caught in a blinding blizzard on the side of a steep canyon. The trail we were on was extremely rugged. Large rocks, mud & to top it off it had about 2 feet of snow on it & that was getting deeper by the second. We had to turn the truck around & get back up the trail. We had very little room, & we could not see. We slowly inched the truck back & forth, over big boulders & logs. The truck was hung up a few times but always seemed to shake it's self loose. We were able to get the truck turned around & we worked our way back up the trail to a flat plateau to wait out the blizzard. My buddies who were with me are huge Chevy guys. They were blown away by what they saw this truck do. Their exact words were "I can't believe what I just witness this Tacoma do, that was awesome!""

Unstopable

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"What can you say about a vehicle with over 340,800 miles and needed a mechanical repair only once in its life. That was to replace the catalytic converter. I do a 120-mile round trip commute to work and it has never let me down. I would like to see if I could get 500,000 miles out of her, but I am getting the new car bug. If the bug ever take hold, I will definately get another Tacoma."

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab 4x4 TRD

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I bought this truck brand new in 2003. It is now Aug 2010, and I still get compliments on the vehicle. It has been one of the best trucks that I have owned. I have several friends that have said, "please tell me when you decide to sell it so I can have first option to buy it." I wish Toyota made would make a small sized truck like this again...the new Tacomas are just too big in my opinion."

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

GREAT,GREAT,PICKUP PERIOD.

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"YOU WILL BE A DIRE SITUATION ,TRYING TO FIND A BETTER PICKUP IN THIS CLASS, THE RATINGS SPEAKS FOR THEM. I,AM 70 YRS OLD AND BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF MAKES,AND MODELS , AND I CAN HONESTLEY SAY THIS TRUCKS ARE WORTH THERE WEIGHT IN GOLD."

Great truck

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"I've had my Tacoma for 6 years. When I bought it the vehicle had 105,000 miles. It now has 170,000 and the only things I have had to replace are the starter and the alternator. Thats it. This truck is like a tank! I am a Tacoma fan for life."

Must Own for Truck Lovers

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I am sad to say that I just came back from the body shop after taking my belongings out of my 99 Prerunner. It was declared a total loss after I was T-boned by a 90 Integra. I know the truck would have survived the impact had it not been for the fact that the Integra hit right on the front passenger wheel. I owned this truck for ten years and had a couple of accidents before this one, and the truck still ran like new. It became part of my identity over that time. My friends tell me I don't seem like the same person without my truck. For anyone looking to buy a truck, this is the one you want. It's durable, stylish and fun. But beware, you will become attached. Should you happen to be in my shoes one day, you will mourn your loss."

I'll Keep 'Er

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"Bought it new in 2002. The only problem I have ever had was it stalled going down the highway, but re-started right up. Took to dealer and found a mouse had eatten thru the air filter and loose element had clogged the air flow somewhat, hence the stall. I put a S.S. pad in air intake= no more mice. Only gripe is the seat seems to sit flat with not enough height as I would like. I plan on keeping this wonderful workhorse till my hips give out and are ubable to hit the clutch any more! Do not think this would be so glowing if I had bought the Dodge with the $800 sound system instead."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"I bought my 1996 Tacoma in 1999. Had it since then and it now has 261,000 miles. Fantastic vehicle. I regularly change the oil, belts, fluids, etc...and in return have had minimal problems. Only cons are that the power antenna broke off, selt belts don't always retrack when exiting the truck and not the smoothest ride. But those 'cons' fail in comparison to what a tough truck this is. Plan on keeping a long time."

Great truck

By on Monday, October 06, 2008

"I had this truck for 5 years and never had a problem. 2nd Toyota truck owed, I would not own any other truck. Can't go wrong with a TOYOTA! Bottom line, you take care of your Toyota it will take care of you."

Timing

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"Timing chain replacement calls for somewhere around 20 hours labor. Mine broke and had to buy a used engine that had 71000 miles on it, total cost, 2800 + dollars. Original engine had 101000 miles on it. Even if the chain had not broke the chain replacement would of cost $2000. If this is routine maintenance I'll not buy another Tacoma truck or Toyota vehicle. Also the right side frame has rusted out. This all happened in 2006."

Great work truck

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"I bought this '04 after my '91 Tacoma with 200+k was totalled by a red light runner. The extra bells and whistles are welcome. The biggest problem is seeing the clock! It's hidden behind the steering wheel. Same great reliability, milage etc"

average

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"has been reliable...springy ride....dissapointed with gas milage (18 average----7 pulling small boat) engine sound not throtty like us cars when you firrst accelerate....rear in light."

Solid Performer

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"Never let me down. Exceptional gas mileage and a great little truck to have. Only repair I had to do in 10 years was put on a set of new tires and replace the wind shield after a rock cracked it. Only parted with it becasue my family grew and I needed a bigger truck!"

A truck you can get a return value on.

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"With a 3" lift and 33 X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims. This truck turns heads. Never really was a great deal of power with the stock tires and there really arent many modifications for this 6 Cylinder that why I gave performance a little lower rating. Why did I buy this truck ? Return on investment. when Im done with it and ready to see it. Im not going to be in the hole 5 or 10,000 like everyone else is experiening. 90,000 miles change the oil and timing belt and just drive it. Never had a hose replaced, battery, and it starts and runs every day. Very good heat output for winters in Ohio. heats fast and stays hot. Hotter than my wifes cars or previous cars and/or trucks of my own. Also Electronic Positraction in $ Wheel low only. However with some rewiring you can make the posi run all the time. Transfer case and axles are a little week but good enough for stock tires. Although I run 33's I dont abuse the truck so no worries here. However Ive seen my fare share of broken axles on these trucks especially with Small Block engine swaps."

Mint

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"This truck is unstopable. I've owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. None can compare. This truck really is bulletproof"

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

great truck

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I bought the truck new and have had no problems. It gets goodgas milage. I think it looks great. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone."

10 yrs & going strong

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I bought my 1997 Toyota Tacoma LX new and have never had any problems with it. I followed the recommended maintenance schedule provided by Toyota. My Tacoma came with a V6 and 5-speed. It is surprisingly quick. If I had any complaint about the vehicle it would be the brakes. It did not come with ABS so you need to be extremely careful in wet/slippery conditions. I have enjoyed driving it for 10 years and 100,000 miles."

Ta Ta Ta Tacoma

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Just like the energizer bunny.....keeps going and going and going....11 years and 204,500 miles and still counting! 1997 4x4 extra-cab, 5 speed and power everything. Bought it well used from a neighbor. Paint is pretty well shot and the a/c just died but who needs a/c in central PA anyway! Oh yeah... the check engine light has been on for about 3 years, no harm, no foul. Great truck and great value!"

2004 Tacoma Xtra cab 4 wheel

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"This is a good solid vehicle with little or no maintenence. I have 70000 miles on it and aside from oil changes have not spent one thin dime on repairs. The truck starts and runs every time you turn the key, flawlessly. The four wheel drive when coupled with some extra weight in the bed in the winter creates a tank that can go about anywhere. Also great on the sand for a beach runner. Fuel economy is ok about 27 highway but about 18 city. Don't know how good Ford pickups are because I have never driven one. Have owned 3 Toyotas in a row since 1988. The beauty is when you go to trade them in they still have value after they are paid for. Good solid vehicle. Buy one now!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals