2001 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1617 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliablitiy, low maintenance, great value."

Cons: "No real power, sits a little low to the ground"

"If my 15yr old Toyolta could talk, it would say "I'm ready, put me in coach! It's been a great reliable little truck. Very low maintanance needed. Other then regular oil changes and tire replacements, we've only had to replaced the cluch once. Every time I think about selling it, I can't seem to do it. You know what they say...,If it's not broke don't fix it."

Toyota Tacoma

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"Excellent truck, I bought used with about 125k on it. 4x4 4cyl 5spd never had any major mechanical problems its a great truck. I would definitely recommend to a friend"

Extremely good truck!

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Easy to work on, good fuel economy, holds value"

Cons: "Somewhat sparse interior"

"The '96 Tacoma is a very good truck- easy to work on, handles well, gets very good gas mileage for a truck, and is very dependable. The interior is a little sparse, but that's pretty much the only con. The Tacomas hold their value extremely well, so anyone looking to resell down the road should have no problem in being paid a decent amount for their truck. The trucks were well-designed in terms of what is under the hood- it all makes sense, no ridiculous positioning of parts, no specialty tools, or anything like that. It was a very easy truck to work on- I did a full rebuild on mine, which I bought from someone who destroyed it with neglect. I would recommend the Tacoma to anyone."

The Best

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Great offroad capablilities."

Cons: "Would always like better mpg."

"I bought my Tacoma new and 220,000 miles later I'm still love it! The only time my check engine light came on was when I needed to replace my gas cap a couple of months back. I'm looking forward to 10x around the world milestone."

Great Little Truck

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Quality build. Trouble free"

Cons: "Wish they had double cab in 2000."

"Original owner since 2000. Nothing but oil changes for the first 12 years. Just had the brakes, timing belt, water pump, and rack and pinion done at 97,000 miles. Truck still looks like new. Great product by Toyota."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "keeps on running repair free"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Have driven this truck since it was new in 1999. Have 280,000 miles on it. Very little repair over the years. Many people make me an offer on it but I want 500,000 miles before I let it go, actually we may both just retire together so I will keep it."

Superior Reliability-Not my first/will buy again!

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliabilty/handling/very sturdy/hold their value"

Cons: "You won't want to sell yours"

"Purchased new in Feb 97'. The only thing I would have liked different is the Access rear doors, which were not available on this year. Over the nearly 16 years I've owned this truck, the only failures I had(beyond the normal brakes, tires, and battery)were the Mass Airflow Sensor, and the Automatic Transmission throtle cable. The MAS is expensive, but EXTREMELY easy to diagnose and replace(OBD2 diagnostic and 5 minutes with a screwdriver). The AT throtle cable was sticking and causing the shift points to change which made the engine go high RPM before shifting to the next gear even with light acceleration(since the sticky cable prevented the spring from pulling it back into the tranny). Fairly tricky diagnosis, $80 dealer-only cable, and $100 labor from a reliable mechanic. Aside from these 2 failures, everything has worked perfectly since day 1. I have the 4 cylinder 2.4L engine. I've been slightly dissapointed with the MPG(Avg 22), but attributed that to the automatic tranny. I've had at least 20 people ask me to let them know when I'm ready to sell it. Want to know how much Tacoma owners like their trucks? Try to find used ones. They're like the Energizer bunny...they just keep going."

Love my truck

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Flexible in how it can be used."

Cons: "Wish it got better MPG."

"I bought this truck brand new in 2002 and I have put every one of the 175,000 miles on it. I have had to do the basic maintenance, oil, filters, tires, and a few batteries but nothing major has gone wrong with it. It fits 4 adults easily, though the back seat isn't all that comfy for long road trips, it works for local stuff. I have the bed liner and bed extender, it carries my longboards, golf clubs etc. The truck handles quite well, power steering and brakes, power windows and door locks. I would say the only drawback is that around town, which is what I normally drive now, it only gets about 19 MPG. This has been a reliable vehicle that can be used as a passenger vehicle AND a truck. I love my Tacoma."

Best of all trucks I have owned

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Compact size, handling, reliabillity, repair ease"

Cons: "Clock location,Gas milage, Hard to let go!"

"After owning 4 other trucks I purchased my TRD Tacoma new and fell in love. Other than the gas mileage and the location of the dash clock (my only gripe) she has been a dream vehicle. I have the xtracab TRD 4x4 model with the power and towing package. Now over 8 years old and 140,000 of my own miles on her all I have done is the recommended service, brakes, tires, timing belt and a replaced center console latch I broke myself.Still transfers into 4x with ease and tows like there's nothing there, she still handles turns beautifully, accelerates swiftly and because of the compact size can fit almost anywhere and go everywhere. In 4x she eats through snow and mud and even handles moderate speeds well without the need for downing to 2x. Also for those home mechanics like myself, most servicing is a dream with plenty of room to work and sensible design for mechanical ease I've even done a front brake job in 20 min. Even if you plan to buy one used, you won't be disappointing. You might just fall in love like myself."

Rock solid, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "ride can be rough, bouncy over potholes"

"This truck is great! Dependable, solid, decent gas mileage for a V6,I've been averaging 20 mpg for 198000 miles. Would like to keep it forever!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals