2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1596 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

i love my truck

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"Ilove my truck ,sometimes i think of trading it in on a newer or bigger pickup but why ,its paid for, it does everything i need it to do , i pull a horse trailer with it, a snowmachine trailer, i drive it up the mountain and back down it again, no problem ,no worries.ive had this truck for7 years all its cost me is gas and oil changes"

277000 miles strong runs like new!! The BEST!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Family owned since new in 1995!! Iv driven this truck since new! 4x4,5 speed, 4 cyl. Engine runs like new! Uses about a quart of oil to 10,000 miles only! The first fix was at 200,000 miles a starter. Wow what a TRUCK! This was the first Toyota in our family. We have just bought two new Toyota cars this year. Origional clutch in truck! This truck will stay in the family for a long time!"

Great midsize truck

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I've owned several Toyotas and this one has been my favorite. The 04 Tacoma is a very nice, reliable, quality truck. All around, its got just about everything you could ask from a midsize truck. The only complaint I would have, would be the comfort level for a big guy. Im about 6'3", 200 lbs. For the most part, while driving the truck, I can't straighten out my legs because of my size.(But hey that's not the truck's fault!). I would definately recommend this truck, if your looking for a midsize.."

1997 Tacoma LX

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Reliable. Excellent quality. Durable. The great little truck with a harsh ride. My 1997 Tacoma is a 5-speed LX model, 2 wheel drive. It has acheived 178,000 miles to date (Aug-07) with very few problems - starter and clutch went well after 150,000 miles."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I bought my truck new in the fall of '99 and it has been a great reliable vehicle. No major problems thus far. Only items replaced is windshield wipers, tires and oil/air filters. Drives like a small truck, but that would be expected"

Couldn't be better.

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Very reliable; high quality ride with great power for a small truck. Looks great. Another successful product from Toyota."

Never should have put a 4-cylinder in this truck

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Reliable beyond belief, will likely run forever"

Cons: "4-cynlinder, odd placement of components"

"My biggest complaint about this truck is the four cylinder engine. This is not a large truck, but four cylinders is not large enough for the truck. The exceleration leaves much to be desired; a problem I think could be fixed with a six cylinder engine. Maintance can be difficult due to odd placement of several components, including: oil filter, O-2 sensors and belts. Reliable beyond belief. I bought it used in 2008 with 76,000 miles. Several cross country trips and 59,000 miles later, she still runs like new"

Excellent Truck, Very Reliable and easy to drive!!

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable, Easy to drive, also fun to drive."

"Great vehicle. I bought new and have owned 11 years with no problems. A/C still blows 47 degrees. Only basic maintenance has been needed such as tires and oil changes."

Very reliable and economic; very few repairs in 4Y

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"I love this truck; it has served me well. Very reliable, with hardly any problems. Just routine maintenance."

My second Toyota truck great dependable vehicle

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "dependable holds its value"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This is my second Toyota truck and i can always depend on it. you keep regular maintenance on it it will serve you well. worth the value and trade in value too. one downside is the mpg. you would think its time for a truck to have the same gas mileage they are making cars these days. why do mfg hold back when we know its possible? other than that i love my Toyota and would buy another if i didnt care about gas mileage"

awesome truck. smooth ride.

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "doesn't get the best gas mileage I've seen."

"Fantastic truck. I have owned my 99 Tacoma Sr5 since 2002. I have not had any problems with it, only regular maintenance type service. It has only 105,000 miles on it. It is my baby. I get a lot of people tell me how nice it is. They ask if it's my nd or husbands truck. Omg...as if. I smile and say it's mine...I just know how to take care of a vehicle."

Awesome Truck!!

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

"I have never had any problems out of my Tacoma and it just hit 183,000 miles. It has always cranked up and ran like it should. You just cant beat a toyota for reliability. The offroading is awesome also! I have the 4 wheel drive and I'm usually the one pulling people out!"

Best vehiclle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

"I have owned my Tacoma for 15 years, and have driven it 158,000. I bought it when it was three months old with 1600 miles on it. The truck does not rattle or squeak. I spend about $700 a year on repairs and maintenance. I have no plans to sell it. It still looks good and drives great! The plans are to see just how many miles this truck will run!"

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliablitiy, low maintenance, great value."

Cons: "No real power, sits a little low to the ground"

"If my 15yr old Toyolta could talk, it would say "I'm ready, put me in coach! It's been a great reliable little truck. Very low maintanance needed. Other then regular oil changes and tire replacements, we've only had to replaced the cluch once. Every time I think about selling it, I can't seem to do it. You know what they say...,If it's not broke don't fix it."

Toyota Tacoma

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"Excellent truck, I bought used with about 125k on it. 4x4 4cyl 5spd never had any major mechanical problems its a great truck. I would definitely recommend to a friend"

Extremely good truck!

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Easy to work on, good fuel economy, holds value"

Cons: "Somewhat sparse interior"

"The '96 Tacoma is a very good truck- easy to work on, handles well, gets very good gas mileage for a truck, and is very dependable. The interior is a little sparse, but that's pretty much the only con. The Tacomas hold their value extremely well, so anyone looking to resell down the road should have no problem in being paid a decent amount for their truck. The trucks were well-designed in terms of what is under the hood- it all makes sense, no ridiculous positioning of parts, no specialty tools, or anything like that. It was a very easy truck to work on- I did a full rebuild on mine, which I bought from someone who destroyed it with neglect. I would recommend the Tacoma to anyone."

The Best

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Great offroad capablilities."

Cons: "Would always like better mpg."

"I bought my Tacoma new and 220,000 miles later I'm still love it! The only time my check engine light came on was when I needed to replace my gas cap a couple of months back. I'm looking forward to 10x around the world milestone."

Great Little Truck

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Quality build. Trouble free"

Cons: "Wish they had double cab in 2000."

"Original owner since 2000. Nothing but oil changes for the first 12 years. Just had the brakes, timing belt, water pump, and rack and pinion done at 97,000 miles. Truck still looks like new. Great product by Toyota."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "keeps on running repair free"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Have driven this truck since it was new in 1999. Have 280,000 miles on it. Very little repair over the years. Many people make me an offer on it but I want 500,000 miles before I let it go, actually we may both just retire together so I will keep it."

Superior Reliability-Not my first/will buy again!

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliabilty/handling/very sturdy/hold their value"

Cons: "You won't want to sell yours"

"Purchased new in Feb 97'. The only thing I would have liked different is the Access rear doors, which were not available on this year. Over the nearly 16 years I've owned this truck, the only failures I had(beyond the normal brakes, tires, and battery)were the Mass Airflow Sensor, and the Automatic Transmission throtle cable. The MAS is expensive, but EXTREMELY easy to diagnose and replace(OBD2 diagnostic and 5 minutes with a screwdriver). The AT throtle cable was sticking and causing the shift points to change which made the engine go high RPM before shifting to the next gear even with light acceleration(since the sticky cable prevented the spring from pulling it back into the tranny). Fairly tricky diagnosis, $80 dealer-only cable, and $100 labor from a reliable mechanic. Aside from these 2 failures, everything has worked perfectly since day 1. I have the 4 cylinder 2.4L engine. I've been slightly dissapointed with the MPG(Avg 22), but attributed that to the automatic tranny. I've had at least 20 people ask me to let them know when I'm ready to sell it. Want to know how much Tacoma owners like their trucks? Try to find used ones. They're like the Energizer bunny...they just keep going."

Love my truck

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Flexible in how it can be used."

Cons: "Wish it got better MPG."

"I bought this truck brand new in 2002 and I have put every one of the 175,000 miles on it. I have had to do the basic maintenance, oil, filters, tires, and a few batteries but nothing major has gone wrong with it. It fits 4 adults easily, though the back seat isn't all that comfy for long road trips, it works for local stuff. I have the bed liner and bed extender, it carries my longboards, golf clubs etc. The truck handles quite well, power steering and brakes, power windows and door locks. I would say the only drawback is that around town, which is what I normally drive now, it only gets about 19 MPG. This has been a reliable vehicle that can be used as a passenger vehicle AND a truck. I love my Tacoma."

Best of all trucks I have owned

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Compact size, handling, reliabillity, repair ease"

Cons: "Clock location,Gas milage, Hard to let go!"

"After owning 4 other trucks I purchased my TRD Tacoma new and fell in love. Other than the gas mileage and the location of the dash clock (my only gripe) she has been a dream vehicle. I have the xtracab TRD 4x4 model with the power and towing package. Now over 8 years old and 140,000 of my own miles on her all I have done is the recommended service, brakes, tires, timing belt and a replaced center console latch I broke myself.Still transfers into 4x with ease and tows like there's nothing there, she still handles turns beautifully, accelerates swiftly and because of the compact size can fit almost anywhere and go everywhere. In 4x she eats through snow and mud and even handles moderate speeds well without the need for downing to 2x. Also for those home mechanics like myself, most servicing is a dream with plenty of room to work and sensible design for mechanical ease I've even done a front brake job in 20 min. Even if you plan to buy one used, you won't be disappointing. You might just fall in love like myself."

Rock solid, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "ride can be rough, bouncy over potholes"

"This truck is great! Dependable, solid, decent gas mileage for a V6,I've been averaging 20 mpg for 198000 miles. Would like to keep it forever!"

best truck i ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"220000.miles runs great. very reliable."

Best truck on the market

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive TOUGH and dependable. good on gas!"

Cons: "cant think of anything"

"This is my second Toyota truck. My first was a new 1988 4x4 long bed deluxe. I sold it with 190,000 miles after 17 years and it still had the original clutch! This truck is a Tacoma SR5 TRD pre runner. Same awesome quality and dependability. Drives like a car, hauls 1600lbs. turns heads everwere it goes. Everything just keeps working. unlike my 2002 Ranger. that truck was falling apart at 5 years old. My only complaint about this TOYOTA is the clock location."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals