1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1593 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Best truck on the market

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive TOUGH and dependable. good on gas!"

Cons: "cant think of anything"

"This is my second Toyota truck. My first was a new 1988 4x4 long bed deluxe. I sold it with 190,000 miles after 17 years and it still had the original clutch! This truck is a Tacoma SR5 TRD pre runner. Same awesome quality and dependability. Drives like a car, hauls 1600lbs. turns heads everwere it goes. Everything just keeps working. unlike my 2002 Ranger. that truck was falling apart at 5 years old. My only complaint about this TOYOTA is the clock location."

33" tires get through deepest mud!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "everyone looks at it!!!"

Cons: "no cruise contol on this model(dlx)"

"have had the truck for 4 years while putting over twenty thousand miles a year. a tune up every year and my fuel economy hasnt changed. i grew up in the north and visit home often, this truck with the body lift and big tires, two feet of snow is no match!!! i would recommend a toyota tacoma to anyon. the older the better but good luck finding one, if someone has it they usually dont want to part with it!"

Bullet proof

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Small"

"I owned this truck since new. This was my college transportation, college tran and moving truck. I've driven it to Mexico several times. Now, my wife drives it to work every day. Since I bought it I have replaced the wipers, tires, battery, brakes and belts. It has never broken down. A year ago I put it up for sale because I bought an Suv for my wife, in one day I received 16 offers. After getting tired of my wife's nagging, I kept it and now is hers. She uses for work and to ferry our dogs around. It runs like new, the ac works perfect and has great gas mpg."

I Love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Great value for the money.Fun to drive."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Very dependable! Toyota backs what they sell. Holds it's value well. Great gas mileage. Would love to have a 2nd one and keep the one I have now."

toyota best in the world. 170K miles no problems..

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

"I'm very happy with my tacoma. no problems at all plenty of power,fast,and it hold the price up the only thing I don't like is the 17-18 MPG I wish it do 22 or more but I can live with it. my next truck will be a tacoma or 4runner same thing. I have a dream my dream is to drive a DIESEL TACOMA please bring DIESEL to U S A."

truck staying family and going to son

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "its all good"

"I am 55 and to say I have owned a few vehicles would be an understatement. Best small vehicle I ve owned.................."

Never getting rid of this truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "4 wheel low, is awesome"

Cons: "they dont make this model any more"

"I have the 2002 Tacoma 4x4 xtra cab. 5 speed manual, 2.7 liter 4cylinder. I bought this truck used with 54000 miles on it for 21000 out the door. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned, I commute 3hrs to work. and this truck hauls over 10 cords of wood a year. its a hunting and fishing truck It is comfy, reliable, good enough on gas, my brakes last over 100,000 miles, I just replaced my clutch at 185000 miles, (shouldn't have loaned it to family). Outside of general maintenance I have not turned a wrench. I would reccomend this truck to anyone who wants a smaller but very capable truck."

Best Truck you could ever ask for.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I've had this truck since new. 10 years later, it just keeps going. It never breaks down, just routine maintenance, holds it's value and still looks great. I've been getting the bug for a new vehicle but then I tell myself why? The mechanic says the 3.4 V6 is good for 300K. I don't doubt it."

Love my Little Truck

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, Fun to drive, good beach truck"

Cons: "Small, not a whole lot of leg room"

"Best in reliability, and quality. This is one tough truck. Only drawback is it is small. Otherwise LOVE IT."

I love this truck

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "We really enjoy our truck"

Cons: "the seats are not super comfortable pretty standard"

"My husband bought it in 1999 as his first brand new truck and its still going strong. couldnt be happier with it. We have purchased a 4 runner since but we can rely on the tacoma for all our home depot trips, dump runs and still commute to work knowing its reliable. I have had many offers from people to buy it due to the reputation these trucks have and I wont give er up till we hit 300K."

The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned....

By on Monday, July 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable and reliable!"

Cons: "A little rough riding, but, it's a small pickup so to be expected."

"I bought this truck used with 27,000 miles on it and 2 1/2 years old. It is now over 13 years old and has almost 255,000 miles on it. I have spent many years with long commutes in this vehicle and it is so reliable and dependable! I doubt if I ever get rid of it. It's like part of the family now!"

Won't find a better vehicle

By on Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I'm 24 years old, had this vehicle since I was 14. Only car I've ever had and there's a reason for it - It's the absolute best truck I've ever experienced. VERY reliable and excellent quality. Goes anywhere I want it too and also gets over 21 mpg on highway. Will drive it till the wheels fall off..."

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The great truck

By on Thursday, December 02, 2010

"I have owned many truck from all the popular manufactures. This by far is the best truck I have ever owned! In my opinion, it is one of the best trucks ever built. I have been all over North America with my Tacoma & in all kinds of terrain, from smooth paved roads to rugged, rocky, steep, frozen, snow covered, & extreme desert heat & it has conquered & never let me down. I have pulled campers, boats, & all kinds of trailers with ease. Just recently I was on an Elk hunt in the mountains of Northern Arizona. We were caught in a blinding blizzard on the side of a steep canyon. The trail we were on was extremely rugged. Large rocks, mud & to top it off it had about 2 feet of snow on it & that was getting deeper by the second. We had to turn the truck around & get back up the trail. We had very little room, & we could not see. We slowly inched the truck back & forth, over big boulders & logs. The truck was hung up a few times but always seemed to shake it's self loose. We were able to get the truck turned around & we worked our way back up the trail to a flat plateau to wait out the blizzard. My buddies who were with me are huge Chevy guys. They were blown away by what they saw this truck do. Their exact words were "I can't believe what I just witness this Tacoma do, that was awesome!""

Unstopable

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"What can you say about a vehicle with over 340,800 miles and needed a mechanical repair only once in its life. That was to replace the catalytic converter. I do a 120-mile round trip commute to work and it has never let me down. I would like to see if I could get 500,000 miles out of her, but I am getting the new car bug. If the bug ever take hold, I will definately get another Tacoma."

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab 4x4 TRD

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I bought this truck brand new in 2003. It is now Aug 2010, and I still get compliments on the vehicle. It has been one of the best trucks that I have owned. I have several friends that have said, "please tell me when you decide to sell it so I can have first option to buy it." I wish Toyota made would make a small sized truck like this again...the new Tacomas are just too big in my opinion."

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

GREAT,GREAT,PICKUP PERIOD.

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"YOU WILL BE A DIRE SITUATION ,TRYING TO FIND A BETTER PICKUP IN THIS CLASS, THE RATINGS SPEAKS FOR THEM. I,AM 70 YRS OLD AND BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF MAKES,AND MODELS , AND I CAN HONESTLEY SAY THIS TRUCKS ARE WORTH THERE WEIGHT IN GOLD."

Great truck

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"I've had my Tacoma for 6 years. When I bought it the vehicle had 105,000 miles. It now has 170,000 and the only things I have had to replace are the starter and the alternator. Thats it. This truck is like a tank! I am a Tacoma fan for life."

Must Own for Truck Lovers

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I am sad to say that I just came back from the body shop after taking my belongings out of my 99 Prerunner. It was declared a total loss after I was T-boned by a 90 Integra. I know the truck would have survived the impact had it not been for the fact that the Integra hit right on the front passenger wheel. I owned this truck for ten years and had a couple of accidents before this one, and the truck still ran like new. It became part of my identity over that time. My friends tell me I don't seem like the same person without my truck. For anyone looking to buy a truck, this is the one you want. It's durable, stylish and fun. But beware, you will become attached. Should you happen to be in my shoes one day, you will mourn your loss."

I'll Keep 'Er

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"Bought it new in 2002. The only problem I have ever had was it stalled going down the highway, but re-started right up. Took to dealer and found a mouse had eatten thru the air filter and loose element had clogged the air flow somewhat, hence the stall. I put a S.S. pad in air intake= no more mice. Only gripe is the seat seems to sit flat with not enough height as I would like. I plan on keeping this wonderful workhorse till my hips give out and are ubable to hit the clutch any more! Do not think this would be so glowing if I had bought the Dodge with the $800 sound system instead."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"I bought my 1996 Tacoma in 1999. Had it since then and it now has 261,000 miles. Fantastic vehicle. I regularly change the oil, belts, fluids, etc...and in return have had minimal problems. Only cons are that the power antenna broke off, selt belts don't always retrack when exiting the truck and not the smoothest ride. But those 'cons' fail in comparison to what a tough truck this is. Plan on keeping a long time."

Great truck

By on Monday, October 06, 2008

"I had this truck for 5 years and never had a problem. 2nd Toyota truck owed, I would not own any other truck. Can't go wrong with a TOYOTA! Bottom line, you take care of your Toyota it will take care of you."

Timing

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"Timing chain replacement calls for somewhere around 20 hours labor. Mine broke and had to buy a used engine that had 71000 miles on it, total cost, 2800 + dollars. Original engine had 101000 miles on it. Even if the chain had not broke the chain replacement would of cost $2000. If this is routine maintenance I'll not buy another Tacoma truck or Toyota vehicle. Also the right side frame has rusted out. This all happened in 2006."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals