1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1593 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

The Truck That Won't Quit

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, plenty of power per lb"

Cons: "Small, no power windows"

"I'm the second owner of this truck. I've put over 100,000 miles on it. hopefully I'll be able to put another 200K on the odometer. I've put this truck through everything. Hauling boat trailers, moving appliances, loading 6 buddies in the back and driving up a mountain. I get a solid 25 mpg, average, and the 2.4cyl just keeps eating up what I give it. Other than standard preventative maintainance, this truck hasn't required any major replacement parts and doesn't feel like it will anytime soon. Tacomas are built to last."

1997 toy. truck

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"I have own my truck from day one in 1997 and the truck just keeps on going and going.====I could never ask for anything more.====This has been one super ride and I just love it.=====mike=====115,000 miles later!"

Best Truck I have owned

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Great for hauling young kids and all your stuff"

Cons: "Entertainment system works good / no auxillary jac"

"Have taken this from the mountains to the beach and back numreous times in 9+ years. Never had any major problems. Oil changes, Timing belt etc at 100,000 other than that has no problems. I have raised two young kids in the back seat. Definitely need bed extender for stuff like plywood sheets. Handles every day hauling and moving furniture great. I have never towed anything with it so I can't comment on it. Gas mileage isn't awesome 16-18 mpg in town and max 20 mpg on highway, but way better than a bigger trucks."

best compact truck!

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "Value, reliability, durability, capability, looks"

Cons: "jittery ride over rough roads"

"The Toyota Tacoma is probably the best compact truck you could buy. They are known for their reliability and also their off-road capabilities. The engines in the Tacoma are bullet proof if taken care of and will last 100,000's of miles. It is basically average for a 2.7 to reach 300,000 miles. The 3.4 V6 is also a great motor, and its the one I own. My 1996 has only 85,000 miles so it has many years left. I have had to replace two things: An oxygen sensor(expected to go out and a cheap replacement) and the starter motor (not too uncommon for my engine and nothing major). You can't go wrong with a Tacoma and if your looking to buy one you must look at for one thing- frame rust. It is a known problem to affect only certain trucks. But it certainly doesn't affect all of them, its just something to look for near salty conditions."

I will buy another!!

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "Changed timing belt, oil 5k, gas and go."

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable but ride is good."

"This has been the best vehicle I have owned. The higher purchase price has been well worth it. The truck has been very reliable. The front brakes just recently needed replacement at 185,000 miles. The clucth has yet to be replaced for the first time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals