• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1585 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

SUCH a terrific value!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Held value, low operating cost, always reliable"

Cons: "???"

"This little truck has been the most reliable and always-ready vehicle I have owned in my car-buying history of 40 years. I got the 190 hp V6 and 5-Speed for off-roading and towing (up to 5k lb). It has never let me down, even when I overloaded it, climbed hills it should not have gone near and just beat the snot out of it. It has always happily come back for more. I am selling now - only because I got the 12 years newer version of the same truck from Toyota - but I am confident it will serve its next owner for at least another 100k miles!"

Hands down the best vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

"Bought the truck new in 97. Spent 3 cold years in New England. Drove to the west coast, sent it to Hawaii. The truck has been to the top of mauna kea(14000 ft.). Sent it to California and drove it 100 miles a day for work. I put 16 x 7 rims on it, the handling is much better. Only basic maintenance ,oil,filters,tires,brakes, wipers, and 1 battery. The only time it didn't start was when the battery died, I pushed it, pop the clutch and went straight to buy a new one. It's not fancy but super reliable. Now I have a company truck so I don't drive it much. 210000 miles still runs like a champ and people still ask me to sell it. But if I did my 14 year old daughter would kill me. The only car I ever bought new and it will stay in the family for a long while."

most reliable well-built vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "reliable, solid, holds its value"

"I bought my truck in 2004. It's approaching 120,000 miles and running on all original parts except new belts and brakes. It has been a dream to take care of. I do all the regular maintenance myself - everything is easily accessible. The truck is easy on tires and the 4x4 option handles any situation the weather can throw at it. On average I get 20 mpg."

running strong, great mpg's

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"312,000 miles and even the auto trani is holding up yet, get great mpg's for a 4x4, light enough to nut get stuck put powerfull enough with the ect power to hold up to the big trucks, all around a great veheicle"

Never had a problem with this truck! Great in Snow

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "good value, 4 wheel drive and differential lock"

Cons: "bumpy ride, 4wd shifter gets in the way sometimes"

"It hardly snows where I live, but when it does I'm glad I own this truck. Several members of my extended family also own trucks (a Tundra, a Nissan Titan, an F-150, and a GMC Sierra), but none of them can tackle the snow, or mud, like this truck can. We get a lot of ice in the winter where I live, and this truck always comes through. Not to mention that it never has had any mechanical issues, whereas my friend's Dodge work truck breaks down almost weekly. All around great truck, especially when towing a boat or hauling just about anything!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals