• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,323 - $23,946.

10/7.5

Based on 1409 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

An Important Oversight by Toyota

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, nice interior, smooth riding"

Cons: "Instrument cluster poorly engineered."

"I've only had the truck for 1000 miles so can't rate reliability. Ask me again at 50,000 miles. One glaring problem area. The instrument cluster is big, but very difficult to see because it is recessed into the dash and very poorly lighted. If you are wearing sunglasses you have to take them off to read the gauges. Even with them off, the gauges are still very hard to see. Odometer is next to impossible to see. That makes using the trip meters A & B impossible to use. Only other complaint is that the roof line is low, so getting in means you will bump your head once in a while. I'm 6'0" tall, so not a big guy. Other then those two issues, I love the truck. Tons of storage areas. Nice interior. Comfortable to drive. I don't care for the gated shift channels for the automatic shift lever. But, all manufactures do this nowadays to protect themselves from liability when some simpleton bumps into the shift lever and knocks it into drive and crashes into a tree. Based on my experience to date, I'd give the truck high marks."

I bought this last 2005 and still going!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "durable,reliable"

Cons: "base tacoma, ofcoure you could not tilt the sit."

"I am proud and happy to say that I don't have regrets of buying my Tacoma last 2005. Year 2005 was the first released of 2nd generation tacomas. I got base 2Wd 2 door and next year will be the 10th year. This truck is reliable,mileage friendly, and durable. It has original cluth, original brake pads on the rear. Minor repairs like replacing u-joint,aircon, alternator, ofcourse batteries which I replaced just twice only. If you are in snowy state, I suggest to get 4x4 Tacoma."

Great mid-size pickup

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"Bought the 2014 Toyota Tacoma Sport with long bed 6 months ago. Really like the pickup. Glad we got the long bed, it rides better than the short bed plus more room for hauling. The sport suspension is a little stiff but it corners great. If your looking for a mid-size pickup that you get in start it up and drive, this is the one. Toyota doesn't put a lot of digital touchy stuff on the computer screen like some other auto makers. You just drive and enjoy the Tacoma."

Great Truck!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Great value, mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Uncomfortable bench seat"

"Fantastic truck!! I went looking for one because they are famous for their reliability and now that the rust issue is fixed, it looked like it was the time to buy. I wasn't disappointed. I wanted a 4 cyl 4WD 5 speed. This truck fit the bill, and then some. It came standard with the touchscreen display, blue tooth, and all weather floor mats. It's not a luxury truck by any stretch of the imagination but it is what I wanted. It warms up quickly, gets AWESOME mileage (I average around 30-31MPG Hwy) and hauls what I need it too. The only complaint I have is the seat. The padding on the bench seat leaves some to be desired and the back of the bench seat is FLAT. To the point where I have to take a break every two hours. However, if the comfort of the bench seat is my biggest complaint, that tells you how great this truck is!!!"

Well taken care of. Regular oil changes and maint

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Everything is excellent"

Cons: "No cons, bought it new two years ago."

"Must sell due to financial problems. Excellent condition. New tires. Custom Stereo system. GPS built into dash. V6 great mileage. New batter two weeks ago. Roll top bed cover. Bed liner."