• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,706 - $23,313.

10/7.5

Based on 1428 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

V6 4X4 SRE with Access Cab Is A Great Small Truck

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Good value, holds its value extremely well"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"New York foir me is Western New York, complete with Buffalo winter and Lake Effect snow storms. This truck is excellent in deep snpow, hard pack snow, up snow covered hills. I just purchased this vehicle in February, so no ratings yet on quality/reliability. This is my third Tacoma. First was a 4 cyl manual 2WD, then a 4 cyl auto 4WD now I finally have the truck I wanted in the first place - 6 cyl 4WD auto. This truck is nicely appointed (although the radio seems overly complicated to an old guy like me (57). It has more power than the 4 cyl, rides better, but does not get great gas mileage. But I live 5 miles from work and don't drive a lot so this is OK with me. The Tacoma is a compromise between a "real' (large) truck and no truck at all. Wife can drive this easily and with the towing package it will do all that I need. I recommend WeatherTeck floor mats (actually for any new vehicle) for the protection they provide. Truck is low maintenenace and I plan to keep until it dies (or I do)."

Highly recommended

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Accererates great; wonderful off road"

Cons: "BT voice recognition could be better"

"Highly recommended to anyone who uses a truck for a truck! I have been a Toyota owner for years and these trucks are amazing! I pulled 3.6 TONS of sand with this truck. This truck STILL accelerated up hills and was manageable; it did give the brakes a work out. This truck also does as well off road when needed. Acceleration is phenomenal. Overall extremely impressed."

Overall a very good truck

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Purchased truck to pull trailer and have room in cab. Performs very well pulling a 1000 lb. trailer with a 900 lb motorcycle. Even through the mountains of WV. Goes through snow with little efort. Used it through the winters of 2009/10 and 2010/11 driving to and from work every day with 12-15 inches of snow without getting stuck. I wish it had better fuel mileage, but I can live 17 mpg with the excelent performance,specificaly pulling a trailer with two motorcycles up hill @ 60 mph, then accelerating when necessary. Other than that, The truck is perfect, rides and handles great."

a solid pickup if you dont want or need a fullsize

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "plenty of power with v-6, good room in cab"

Cons: "console shifter pattern takes getting use to"

"I decided to get out of a fullsize truck mainly due to gas prices and not realy needing a fullsize truck . Never owned a toyota before but if you are looking at downsizing for better fuel economy i would reccomend a tacoma . My truck gets a good average of 18.5 to 21 MPG depending on how you drive it . For the value the toyota is hard to beat . You can find the quality and attention to detail has passed the big three buy a long shot . I have owned ford and chevrolet all my life but i hate to say now that i will stay with toyota . If you haul very little or dont pull anything a tacoma will suit your needs . I have the v-6 in mine and it pulls very strong and never seems to be hurting for power on hills with the automatic . I compared other compact trucks and they where smaller in size than a tacoma so it dosent feel like a small truck when you drive it . I personaly have seen these trucks with 200000+ on the motors and transmissions never apart for repairs so reliability is not a issue . Buy one you will find its solid rides great and you wont find yourself at the gas pump as much as your old fullsize had you there."

Love my truck!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, comfort, comfort"

Cons: "work needed"

"This toyota truck is so comfortable and has made commuting a joy and that's why it has high mileage. Friends who drive with us always say "what a great truck." The engine has always been strong and still purrs like a kitten. Never an issue there. Just the usual maintenance-brakes, tires, oil changes. Right now, it needs about $3,000 of upkeep in sway bar bushings, tires, brakes, etc and we are at that point of deciding a new car is really better for us as we have a family and travel a lot. I will miss this truck immensely and really wish I could afford to repair the current needed items to keep it as our extra car because it is so convenient to have such a comfortable work horse of a vehicle."