• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,811 - $23,416.

10/7.5

Based on 1398 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

outstanding 4x4 tacoma extended cab

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "will run forever"

Cons: "bad fuel milage"

"I have owned since new 310000 trouble free miles no parts bought except for poor taillight wiring that corrodes easily am on 4th set of brakes and tires still runs as new I am amazed at the durability after my family saw this Toyota is all we buy now this is a honest review the taillights are a sore spot though after paying dealer first time they woudnt repair a second time free of charge so wirenuts and tape fixed it in my backyard a third time"

Great vehicle, reliable, good gas mileage

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great quality, reliable, good mpg"

Cons: "paint tends to chip a bit easily (too thin)"

"I got rid of my noisy and rust-prone '97 Ford Ranger a year and a half ago, and upgraded to a 2005 Tacoma 4 cyl 2wd manual trans access cab pickup w/shell. Best decision I've made in a while. MPG about 25 mpg overall after switching all oils to Amsoil synthetics. Good power and acceleration for a 4 cyl engine. Toyota even did a free recall-type rust inspection of the underside of the pickup last month, found a few minor rust areas (to be expected on a 9 yr old vehicle in Ohio), and applied a non-hardening oil-based undercoating, valued at $1000 (or so they say) for free. Next pickup, probably 5 or 6 yrs away (as I hold my vehicles pretty long) will likely be another Tacoma, except this time with automatic transmission, as they now get as good gas mileage as the manuals do."

Luv what my 87 Toyota p.up did for me, 489K miles.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"> My previous Toy p.up 1987 had 489K miles, and never stranded me once in 22 years. Changed the dynamic balance, water pump, and timing chain at 325K. No other engine work was done, just brakes, tuneups, exhaust components, batteries, and windshield wipers. Best vehicle ever owned. The thing I really like about Toyota i was the confidence it gave me that no matter where I went and no matter how remote I was, I knew It would get me home. What I would I like to see changed?. When it rains, you can't hear yourself think, or the radio. It is loud and annoying. Deaden the sound. First wk.I had the vehicle we had a major thunderstorm. When the rain came, it just poured, and it was so loud, I thought maybe Ithe truck was coming apart or some other major malfunction. It really unnerved me. Now, I'm used to it. On the highway truck drifts alot from the wind gusting. Not like the 87 p.up. Another thing I would like to mention is the idling of my truck. It is set to I believe 6700 rpm, and the truck vibrates and is not comfortable. Toyota dealership I go to says it's set right, but is a vibrating pickup right? I have the 4 cylinder engine., same as I had in my 87 pick up."

2nd time around!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Great truck to own!"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought a 2013 Tacoma. This is the second Tacoma I have owned. The first one was a 2004 and I loved it. In the nine years that I owned it my out of pocket costs were ZERO! I highly recommend this truck!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "good vehicle to drive"

"love the fact that it drives very well have some minor issues with recalls-- seat belt-speedometer cable- FRAME RUST but were all taken care of by the dealership will keep this vehicle till the wheels fall off. love the color-comfort and drive."