2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1498 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"This is my second tacoma- I had a 98 that I bought new and I traded in since i needed more back seat room. Only complaint so far is that the factory tires are cheap for a $30,000 truck and that the headliner should have some sound deadening material in it."

Excellent Truck for City and Back Country

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2005. I have bought over 36 cars and trucks in my lifetime always looking for the most reliable mode of transportation. This is by far the one for which I was always looking. It is reliable, has the needed power and styling for a truck. It came with many extras. Since I am in it so much, I added Sirius and it has also become our travel mobile so I also added an all in one DVD player. While it is sometimes difficult to park, the way it handles makes up for the inconvenience of pulling it into a tight parking space. I do not see myself trading in this one any time soon. Always have it serviced by Toyota. With over 36,000 miles, the brakes are still holding up. The tires are almost worn out and they will be replaced with Michelin LT's. Still runs tight like the first day I took it off the lot!"

2005 Reg Cab 2WD 4cyl 5 spd

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Pros: Great pick up. Excellent build quality. Toyota engineered the 5 speed manual transmission well. 4th and 5th are tall and allows low RPM cruise at freeway speeds. Expect 24 MPG city/highway driving. Handles load easily (2 persons, full tank plus 850 lbs cargo) Cons: Hard to find. It appears Toyota hates building them because there is no money in them. They would just as soon build huge 4wd V-8 4 door Tundras."

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab-TRD Sport

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"I love this truck. It is bigger than the 03 Tacoma Double Cab that I traded in. Plenty of power from the 6 Cylinder. I am getting 21 mpg in combined city/highway driving, which is even better than the 03 that I owned. I bought it in March and have driven for 5 months now. Bigger back seat more room up front plenty of cupholders and nooks for stowing stuff. The only thing I have been concerned with is the spongy brakes but the dealer said they aren't broke in yet. They squeal a bit when you come to a stop. The audio system leaves something to be desired. I changed out the speakers with some good aftermarket ones. Other than that I think I am a lifelong Toyota fan."

bang for buck

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This is my eighth Toyota truck. You just can't beat the quality and reliability. Good power, and off road capability."

06 taco

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"I owned an 05 trd and traded for 06 trd sport w/ automatic transmission - I love the styling and off road capabilities. My wok requires that I drive miles off road on fire roads.... pretty gnarly stuff... ground clearance is great and after a good wash there are no battle wounds from the moderate daily thrashing. These trucks are tuff and manageable!!!"

Nice solid truck.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"At 6'3" tall, I don't seem to fit into many mid to smaller sized pickups. This vehicle is "right sized" for my stature. As with all Toyota's, they're solid and reliable. Great ride and a handy work vehicle. My only complaint is that the mileage isn't what I would have hoped for even with the 4-cylinder and 5-speed manual transmission."

Good Truck

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"V6 engine has plenty of power. 6 speed transmission shifts smooth. TRD sport pkg. rides nice. 21 mpg highway 4WD switch needs to be backlit. Hard to find in the dark. Transmission gear ratios not the best. 1st and 5th gears only needed when towing ."

great truck

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"The perfect combination of reliable off roading and passenger comfort. This is the smoothest ride, you would never know you were in a 4X4 truck"

VERY GOOD DEAL..

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pros: "EXCELLENT BUY.."

Cons: "NONE"

"MY TRUCK HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF..ONLY 40,000 MILES.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals