• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1455 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

best value

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"If you plan to buy a small truck, tacoma is the right choice. gives you the realiability and peace of mind that you want. i have the V6 and the 4 cylinder models and they dont disappoint. value for your buck!"

Tacoma prerunner

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an '07 doublecab and this is a great vehicle. The best thing I like about this vehicle is that it is very versatile. I have had it almost two years no complaints no surprises. Very happy with my toyota"

great Truck

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I love my Double Cab TRD Sport Tacoma. It is one great truck that has plenty of power, great comfort, and awesome looks! My only complaints would be that it was very pricey, and the paint scratches easy."

best mid-sized truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"great power, 6500 lb towning cap. W/V6& tow package, towed my 22' off-shore boat (approx 5500 lbs ) verry well, 4x4 W/ trd off rd was extreamley capable even with OEM BFG tires, i used it on logging roads and in mud on trails in my hunting club. great interior, great on road ride evean at highway speeds, love the carbon-fiber bed, I bought the truck new and put 50,000 mi on it with no mechanical problems, just rutine maint. 17-19 MPG in city"

Oh Yeah!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"This truck so beats the Nissan SC 4 door that I traded in! Better gas mileage, more power, more room, more comfort, better ride, more everything! As always Toyota does it again."

2006 Tacoma

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Overall a great truck, you have to find something wrong with it, so I will pick on the tailgate, it is very weak and actually Toyota replaced mine free of charge, which was very nice when I bent it while loading the bed. Apparently I am not the only one this has happend to, since there is a Technica Service Bulletin on this issue. I think the engine is a little noisy sometimes and the mileage could be a little better, it isn't much better than the V8 trucks. The styling is great, the reliability and quality is very very good, other than the tailgate, I have not had a single issue with it. It starts and runs like a top, never complains and everything works like it is supposed to."

This truck Mobs!!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I use my 2005 Prerunner Dbl cab sport for towing, playing in the sand, and driving back and forth to work. 19-21mpg. Very quick acceleration, runs with my 2005 G35 sedan. I tow a 12ft trailer with 4 sport quads on it and one in the bed. Only 11mpg while towing, oh well it still pulls at a steady 75mph up and down hills. Never seen the inside of a dealership with over 42K on her. This truck mobs all over the sand of Glamis. Love it!!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I like my truck--2008 prerunner access cab (4cyl with 5sp). The automatic didn't seem to have as much power. This truck looks good and rides great. I have 2500 miles on it and get consistenly between 20-25 mpg. The only inconvenience are the suicide access doors. It is dificult to unload groceries and put in back seat when you are in a parking space with a car next to you. You always are opening and closing door to get access. But i can live with it. The truck is reliable and will hold its value. And I got a great deal from the toyota dealer. $200 under invoice (not MSRP but invoice)with zero financing for three years."

I WILL NEVER SELL THIS TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Well I am 34 years old and have owned 147 vehicles since I was 16. NO KIDDING!! I love cars. When I decided I wanted the new body style Tacoma I looked hard and long. I finally found the color I wanted with all the options I wanted and at a KILLER price of $19,000. I was asked by ALL my friends "When are you going to sell it?" My response was NEVER!! I love this truck more than any vehicle I have owned. It runs strong and looks very BUFF and not like a small pickup. The only thing I don't like is I am 6'2 and have to really bend my head to get in. I gave up a 2005 Dodge Ram HEMI 4X4 for this and it was the best decision I ever made. I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Prerunner with the TRD Off-road package. I bought it in 2007 with 13k miles on it and it now has 20,500 and I just love it. I also figured that in 5 years when I trade it in on a new one it will have held its value better than any vehicle I know of."

Nicest small truck out there

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"We have had this truck for 2.5 years and we are very happy. The fuel economy is good, the power is excellent. It can work right along with it's larger counter parts. Comfortable and easy to drive. 4X4 sytem very reliable and easy to use. Goes any where, any time. Just a darn good truck for the money. We have had NO maintenance issues or repair issues. Starts every time, no hastles what so ever. As you can tell, we are very pleased. By the way it now has 32,000 miles on it."

Will buy it again...

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I went with the PreRunner Double Cab, 4.0, Auto, 2wd, short bed, SR5 with some other options as well. There is alot of competition in this class, I also considered the Frontier, Raider, Dakota, and Canyon. I liked the looks of the Taco best, but had other things to consider. I have two children in car seats, I have to tow from time to time, and I travel from time to time, upwards of 2k miles per trip. The Dakota interior feels too cheap and not really comfy. The Raider is still a 'new' model in the class but they launched with one helluva vehicle! Only problem is, to get the power the Taco produces, their v8 was the only option. 3 bucks / gal for gas, no thanks to 13-19mpg. The Frontier exterior has too much plastic for my taste, felt more like a toy than a Nissan. The Canyon was nice, but the dealer wouldn't deal with my trade. So, I went to Toyota. I bought in Mar 07, and have had no problems. It tows well, even uphill which really impressed me...though, I only pull around 5000 lbs. The mileage of course dropped while towing, but not like I expected. You have to watch, this truck is quite tourqe'y. She'll roast the tires right off if you dig into the pedal too hard! Also, the PreRunner sits higher than the others in it's class, it actually sits up there with the 2wd full size trucks, so nerf bars are reccomended for those of shorter stature :o) All in all, satisfied. There is one thing, I should have gone with the TRD Off Road pkg. I've not had any problems in the mud or on rocky terrain. It doesn't snow here, so no problems there. It's just one of those things... I hope this helps you make your decision. Happy Driving!"

My 2nd Taco

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"This is my third Toyota truck, 2nd Tacoma. There is no better mid sized truck for my money. Very reliable and comfortable. The perfect vehicle for a commuter or a home owner who wants/needs a truck to use for day to day hauling. The best in the rough stuff, and in New England, you'd better choose the right 4x4! This truck makes driving in a storm a fun experience. No joke! Highly recommended."

Good truck

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"It's been a pretty good truck, but I have had some issues with it. An unusual ticking in the cab. The seats in my quad cab, sport trd stain horribly just from water. Took to dealership, and they had mentioned that it is documented in the event that I still have problems with this issue. Guess what? I still do. They had cleaned the interior to eliminate the stains, and as mentioned has returned. Hoping to get new seats from Toyota. Toyota builds a good vehicle, and as a previous owner of toyota's, hoping I have the same good vehicle as in the past."

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"This is my second tacoma- I had a 98 that I bought new and I traded in since i needed more back seat room. Only complaint so far is that the factory tires are cheap for a $30,000 truck and that the headliner should have some sound deadening material in it."

Excellent Truck for City and Back Country

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2005. I have bought over 36 cars and trucks in my lifetime always looking for the most reliable mode of transportation. This is by far the one for which I was always looking. It is reliable, has the needed power and styling for a truck. It came with many extras. Since I am in it so much, I added Sirius and it has also become our travel mobile so I also added an all in one DVD player. While it is sometimes difficult to park, the way it handles makes up for the inconvenience of pulling it into a tight parking space. I do not see myself trading in this one any time soon. Always have it serviced by Toyota. With over 36,000 miles, the brakes are still holding up. The tires are almost worn out and they will be replaced with Michelin LT's. Still runs tight like the first day I took it off the lot!"

2005 Reg Cab 2WD 4cyl 5 spd

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Pros: Great pick up. Excellent build quality. Toyota engineered the 5 speed manual transmission well. 4th and 5th are tall and allows low RPM cruise at freeway speeds. Expect 24 MPG city/highway driving. Handles load easily (2 persons, full tank plus 850 lbs cargo) Cons: Hard to find. It appears Toyota hates building them because there is no money in them. They would just as soon build huge 4wd V-8 4 door Tundras."

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab-TRD Sport

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"I love this truck. It is bigger than the 03 Tacoma Double Cab that I traded in. Plenty of power from the 6 Cylinder. I am getting 21 mpg in combined city/highway driving, which is even better than the 03 that I owned. I bought it in March and have driven for 5 months now. Bigger back seat more room up front plenty of cupholders and nooks for stowing stuff. The only thing I have been concerned with is the spongy brakes but the dealer said they aren't broke in yet. They squeal a bit when you come to a stop. The audio system leaves something to be desired. I changed out the speakers with some good aftermarket ones. Other than that I think I am a lifelong Toyota fan."

bang for buck

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This is my eighth Toyota truck. You just can't beat the quality and reliability. Good power, and off road capability."

06 taco

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"I owned an 05 trd and traded for 06 trd sport w/ automatic transmission - I love the styling and off road capabilities. My wok requires that I drive miles off road on fire roads.... pretty gnarly stuff... ground clearance is great and after a good wash there are no battle wounds from the moderate daily thrashing. These trucks are tuff and manageable!!!"

Nice solid truck.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"At 6'3" tall, I don't seem to fit into many mid to smaller sized pickups. This vehicle is "right sized" for my stature. As with all Toyota's, they're solid and reliable. Great ride and a handy work vehicle. My only complaint is that the mileage isn't what I would have hoped for even with the 4-cylinder and 5-speed manual transmission."

Good Truck

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"V6 engine has plenty of power. 6 speed transmission shifts smooth. TRD sport pkg. rides nice. 21 mpg highway 4WD switch needs to be backlit. Hard to find in the dark. Transmission gear ratios not the best. 1st and 5th gears only needed when towing ."

great truck

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"The perfect combination of reliable off roading and passenger comfort. This is the smoothest ride, you would never know you were in a 4X4 truck"

VERY GOOD DEAL..

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "EXCELLENT BUY.."

Cons: "NONE"

"MY TRUCK HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF..ONLY 40,000 MILES.."

Great Truck!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Great value, mileage, reliability"

Cons: "Uncomfortable bench seat"

"Fantastic truck!! I went looking for one because they are famous for their reliability and now that the rust issue is fixed, it looked like it was the time to buy. I wasn't disappointed. I wanted a 4 cyl 4WD 5 speed. This truck fit the bill, and then some. It came standard with the touchscreen display, blue tooth, and all weather floor mats. It's not a luxury truck by any stretch of the imagination but it is what I wanted. It warms up quickly, gets AWESOME mileage (I average around 30-31MPG Hwy) and hauls what I need it too. The only complaint I have is the seat. The padding on the bench seat leaves some to be desired and the back of the bench seat is FLAT. To the point where I have to take a break every two hours. However, if the comfort of the bench seat is my biggest complaint, that tells you how great this truck is!!!"

Best mid-size truck and four wheel drive vehicle!

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Security in knowing the Tacoma will get you there."

Cons: "Better gas mileage would be nice."

"Nothing breaks, can't get it stuck, quality outstanding, it just doesn't get better."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals