2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1608 Ratings for the 2001 - 2004 models.

the best purchase I have ever made

By on Friday, November 06, 2009

"I bought my truck w/ 161000 miles for 6500 w/ some hesitation....glad I did...95 v6 4wd extra cab...I have put this truck through it's paces and still impresses me...20 miles to a gallon, better than my wife's ford escape!!! had to replace rear leaf springs however. now I have 310000 miles, mostly highway, but the truck runs like a dream!!! Great for hauling mulch, gravel, wood, moving, etc.....If you have the proper tires your good. A little light in the rear end in the winter though."

Excellant value small pickup

By on Friday, November 06, 2009

"I am the original owner of this Tacoma. After 105,000 miles I have spent $395.00 for a Idle Control Valve. All other expenses were maintance costs. An excellant truck. I hope this Tacoma keeps going for another 300,000 miles as I do not like the new Tacoma's. To big."

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"As a previous Toyota service advisor, I am probably biased. However, I bought my 04 Tacoma based on a customer's vehicle having travelled 668,000 miles before being sold so he could buy a new one. That truck is still running around today. I love my truck, have some minor modifications (lift, tires, frt bumper, sliders) and have found the vehicle to be extremely reliable. I just do the service (fluid changes, filters, adjustments, etc.) and the vehicle starts every day without fail. I have even left the truck sitting for couple days at a time and starts 1st time. I would very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable, utilitarian, usable truck, especially if you do not need a full-size truck. My one recommendation to take it to the dealer for service. It might be a little more expensive, but they know what to look for and keep an eye on to make sure the truck lasts forever."

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

bomb-proof

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I bought my '98 taco in '01 with 18,000 miles on it. Since then it has been across the country twice, from pulling stuck F-150s out of sand in the deserts of Utah to scaling muddy mountains in New Mexico to fording lakes in New Hampshire. I have not been gentle to this machine and it has handled every bit of abuse dished out. It is at 130,000 right now and I have done my share of routine replacement (water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc) but when it comes down to needing unflappable reliability, the taco delivers. My only drawback is that it a bit tight for a 6'3" brother like myself. Maybe the new ones are a bit roomier."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals