• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1536 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Excellent Truck!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Worth the extra you pay for a Toyota"

Cons: "Cost a few thousand more than a Nissan"

"Beside changing the oil, I only had to fix the air conditioning for $800 for the last 14 years. Awesome Truck."

most reliable truck and motor out there

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "over all a great truck and good in the woods"

Cons: "small cab space not a lot of leg room"

"never had to fix any thing on this truck the frame on it before i had it replaced was still solid. but thanks to the loyalty of toyota they replaced it any way. i also have my truck lifted 6in with 35in tires and i beat this thing and it still runs and drives better then any other car truck ex. great truck all the way around and would recommend to anyone interested. the motor in my truck is the 2.7 4 cylinder which is also the most reliable motor toyota has ever made in my opinion"

Very reliable and economic; very few repairs in 4Y

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"I love this truck; it has served me well. Very reliable, with hardly any problems. Just routine maintenance."

Never any trouble; I keep up maintainance.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Great truck requires low maintenance; handy"

Cons: "Seats just 2 people."

"The only reason I am looking at a change is that I rarely use bed of truck for moving/hauling any more. I want to 'ride' more than 1 person - I want more comfort, too."

15 years of reliability!!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Durable, reliable, great looking, runs forever"

Cons: "4cyl engine lacks power"

"I bought this 1997 Tacoma used in 2000 with 34k miles on it. Other than regular maintenance (oil changes, radiator and transmission flushes, tires, brake pads, spark plugs and wires) I have not had any major issues with this truck. Haven't had a car payment since 2005 and have not had to sink much money into keeping this truck running. Still running the original water pump, fuel pump, alternator and even the rear brakes! These vehicles are built to last and if you take care of them they will give you years and years of reliability. Never left me stranded!"

always reliable, dependable

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"Always a feeling of comfort knowing the reliability of a Toyota truck that you can depend on."

Best 4-cyl Truck On The Market!

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, never fails, does any job, lasts"

Cons: "Acceleration from 0 mph is slow - it's a 4-cyl"

"This truck has lasted through so much with 174,000 miles and going. I stay updated with my oil changes every 3,000 miles and air filter cleanings every 15,000 miles and it still runs amazingly! Starts up every time. I've towed a lot of weight for far distances with this small little truck. My first towing adventure was with an 18' boat for 200 miles. This thing handled itself flawlessly at the boat ramp dumping and hauling the boat right out of the water with surprising ease. When I moved up to Northern California I used to tow a 12' box trailer filled to the brim along with a bed load full of belongings. It trudged up the California Grapevine (a trucker's nightmare grade) never falling below 35 mph. All of the power niceties still function perfectly inside. AC, heat, power windows, power door locks, radio, tape cassette, CD player, and stereos are still going strong! Awesome little truck!"

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great everything"

Cons: "They get older but don't wear out :)"

"Best Truck I ever bought next to my other Tacoma Truck I bought just like it"

You'd have to own one to know

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliabilty and versatilty"

Cons: "A 4.7 V8 and it's the greatest vehicle on earth"

"Hands down the absolute greatest vehicle I have ever owned, I bought it at 70,000 miles and have put another 100,000 miles since that time. 1 unscheduled battery change is my only surprise expense. Its as solid and trustworthy as the day it was manufactured...Bullet proof. It just fits all my needs. If your looking to get one, my only tidbits would be that the back seat is tight for fullsize adults...OK for short trips, but not the long haul. Also, if you plan on pulling a trailer of more than 3000lbs (though the receiver is rated at 5000lbs), the 3.4 V6 is working hard on other than straight roads. Lastly, more good news...the advertised combined MPG is 18. I drive almost a perfect combination of City and Highway and average 19.7 MPG, 22 MPG on Highway only...with 169,000 miles on it I might add. Shop smart and you'll be as pleased as me."

You'd have to own one to know

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliabilty and versatilty"

Cons: "A 4.7 V8 and it's the greatest vehicle on earth"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals