2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1596 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

Know what you want!

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I have owned this truck for 4 years. I really like the style and the V-6 power. The xtra cab is very useful when you don't expect it. It's also reliable; I have never had a problem with it. The consumer should know it drives like a truck; rough ride on rough roads. The gas mileage isn't that great with the larger tires; 15-17 mpg for city driving. Also, with the rear wheel drive, you need to be an experienced driver in snowy or icy conditions; this vehicle fishtails very easily without weight in the truck bed."

bomb-proof

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I bought my '98 taco in '01 with 18,000 miles on it. Since then it has been across the country twice, from pulling stuck F-150s out of sand in the deserts of Utah to scaling muddy mountains in New Mexico to fording lakes in New Hampshire. I have not been gentle to this machine and it has handled every bit of abuse dished out. It is at 130,000 right now and I have done my share of routine replacement (water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc) but when it comes down to needing unflappable reliability, the taco delivers. My only drawback is that it a bit tight for a 6'3" brother like myself. Maybe the new ones are a bit roomier."

Best Truck in the World

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I got my Toyota used 9 years ago. I have never had a problem with it and it has never let me down. It's not the most comfortable ride ever, but it is a truck and that is to be expected. If you are thinking about it, don't hesitate."

i love my truck

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"Ilove my truck ,sometimes i think of trading it in on a newer or bigger pickup but why ,its paid for, it does everything i need it to do , i pull a horse trailer with it, a snowmachine trailer, i drive it up the mountain and back down it again, no problem ,no worries.ive had this truck for7 years all its cost me is gas and oil changes"

277000 miles strong runs like new!! The BEST!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Family owned since new in 1995!! Iv driven this truck since new! 4x4,5 speed, 4 cyl. Engine runs like new! Uses about a quart of oil to 10,000 miles only! The first fix was at 200,000 miles a starter. Wow what a TRUCK! This was the first Toyota in our family. We have just bought two new Toyota cars this year. Origional clutch in truck! This truck will stay in the family for a long time!"

Great midsize truck

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I've owned several Toyotas and this one has been my favorite. The 04 Tacoma is a very nice, reliable, quality truck. All around, its got just about everything you could ask from a midsize truck. The only complaint I would have, would be the comfort level for a big guy. Im about 6'3", 200 lbs. For the most part, while driving the truck, I can't straighten out my legs because of my size.(But hey that's not the truck's fault!). I would definately recommend this truck, if your looking for a midsize.."

1997 Tacoma LX

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Reliable. Excellent quality. Durable. The great little truck with a harsh ride. My 1997 Tacoma is a 5-speed LX model, 2 wheel drive. It has acheived 178,000 miles to date (Aug-07) with very few problems - starter and clutch went well after 150,000 miles."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I bought my truck new in the fall of '99 and it has been a great reliable vehicle. No major problems thus far. Only items replaced is windshield wipers, tires and oil/air filters. Drives like a small truck, but that would be expected"

Couldn't be better.

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Very reliable; high quality ride with great power for a small truck. Looks great. Another successful product from Toyota."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals