2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1622 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Kept on going no problems

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Best vehicle I ever owner in the 45 years I have b"

Cons: "not really any cons, I purchased a basic truck and"

"Owned vehicle since new, only things I had to replace are the tyres and normal maintance. Great truck for the price"

My Second '98 Tacoma

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Simple and dependable"

"My dad retired two years ago and gave me his '98 Tacoma Reg Cab truck. This is my second '98 Tacoma. These truck may be small and look small but they are tough. They are no non-sense styling and features but if you are looking for dependability and good on gas then this is the truck. Both of mine are 5 speeds and the only thing I have done to the first one was replacing the starter. My first truck has almost 200K and my dads only 84K, both have the original engines."

Excellent Mid-Size Truck

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Everything about this truck is top-notch. The only thing that I gave 4 stars on was performance because when hauling with a four cylinder its lacking that "get after it" power and the ride as far as comfort goes it is smooth but lets you know that its still a truck."

Excellant value small pickup

By on Friday, November 6, 2009

"I am the original owner of this Tacoma. After 105,000 miles I have spent $395.00 for a Idle Control Valve. All other expenses were maintance costs. An excellant truck. I hope this Tacoma keeps going for another 300,000 miles as I do not like the new Tacoma's. To big."

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"As a previous Toyota service advisor, I am probably biased. However, I bought my 04 Tacoma based on a customer's vehicle having travelled 668,000 miles before being sold so he could buy a new one. That truck is still running around today. I love my truck, have some minor modifications (lift, tires, frt bumper, sliders) and have found the vehicle to be extremely reliable. I just do the service (fluid changes, filters, adjustments, etc.) and the vehicle starts every day without fail. I have even left the truck sitting for couple days at a time and starts 1st time. I would very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable, utilitarian, usable truck, especially if you do not need a full-size truck. My one recommendation to take it to the dealer for service. It might be a little more expensive, but they know what to look for and keep an eye on to make sure the truck lasts forever."

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

bomb-proof

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I bought my '98 taco in '01 with 18,000 miles on it. Since then it has been across the country twice, from pulling stuck F-150s out of sand in the deserts of Utah to scaling muddy mountains in New Mexico to fording lakes in New Hampshire. I have not been gentle to this machine and it has handled every bit of abuse dished out. It is at 130,000 right now and I have done my share of routine replacement (water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc) but when it comes down to needing unflappable reliability, the taco delivers. My only drawback is that it a bit tight for a 6'3" brother like myself. Maybe the new ones are a bit roomier."

Best Truck in the World

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I got my Toyota used 9 years ago. I have never had a problem with it and it has never let me down. It's not the most comfortable ride ever, but it is a truck and that is to be expected. If you are thinking about it, don't hesitate."

i love my truck

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"Ilove my truck ,sometimes i think of trading it in on a newer or bigger pickup but why ,its paid for, it does everything i need it to do , i pull a horse trailer with it, a snowmachine trailer, i drive it up the mountain and back down it again, no problem ,no worries.ive had this truck for7 years all its cost me is gas and oil changes"

277000 miles strong runs like new!! The BEST!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Family owned since new in 1995!! Iv driven this truck since new! 4x4,5 speed, 4 cyl. Engine runs like new! Uses about a quart of oil to 10,000 miles only! The first fix was at 200,000 miles a starter. Wow what a TRUCK! This was the first Toyota in our family. We have just bought two new Toyota cars this year. Origional clutch in truck! This truck will stay in the family for a long time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals