2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1596 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Excellent Mid-Size Truck

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"Everything about this truck is top-notch. The only thing that I gave 4 stars on was performance because when hauling with a four cylinder its lacking that "get after it" power and the ride as far as comfort goes it is smooth but lets you know that its still a truck."

the best purchase I have ever made

By on Friday, November 06, 2009

"I bought my truck w/ 161000 miles for 6500 w/ some hesitation....glad I did...95 v6 4wd extra cab...I have put this truck through it's paces and still impresses me...20 miles to a gallon, better than my wife's ford escape!!! had to replace rear leaf springs however. now I have 310000 miles, mostly highway, but the truck runs like a dream!!! Great for hauling mulch, gravel, wood, moving, etc.....If you have the proper tires your good. A little light in the rear end in the winter though."

Excellant value small pickup

By on Friday, November 06, 2009

"I am the original owner of this Tacoma. After 105,000 miles I have spent $395.00 for a Idle Control Valve. All other expenses were maintance costs. An excellant truck. I hope this Tacoma keeps going for another 300,000 miles as I do not like the new Tacoma's. To big."

Don't but this year Tacoma

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"Nice truck, but the frames rust real bad. I bought it brand new in 1996. Waxed and cleaned it regularly. Now there are chunks of rust, not flakes, chunks falling off the frame on to my garage floor. I only have 38500 miles on it and no body rust at all, but holes in the frame. Looks brand new until you crawl under it."

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"As a previous Toyota service advisor, I am probably biased. However, I bought my 04 Tacoma based on a customer's vehicle having travelled 668,000 miles before being sold so he could buy a new one. That truck is still running around today. I love my truck, have some minor modifications (lift, tires, frt bumper, sliders) and have found the vehicle to be extremely reliable. I just do the service (fluid changes, filters, adjustments, etc.) and the vehicle starts every day without fail. I have even left the truck sitting for couple days at a time and starts 1st time. I would very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable, utilitarian, usable truck, especially if you do not need a full-size truck. My one recommendation to take it to the dealer for service. It might be a little more expensive, but they know what to look for and keep an eye on to make sure the truck lasts forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals