• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,941 - $20,524.

10/7.5

Based on 1449 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great truck

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"I have owned this truck since May on 2012. It has a smooth ride with a fuel mileage in the low 20's. It does have an issue that seems to be a design flaw. The seat belt buckle is twisted at an odd angle and isn't the easiest to snap."

Love it.

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"My first Toyota. I've had pick up trucks since high school. This is my first foreign truck and I don't regret the change. Handles great. Plenty of pep for the 4 cylinder 5 speed manual. Plenty of room in the cab as long as you are not a giant. I'm 5'8" and I have plenty of leg and head room."

My third Tacoma/Hilux since 1981 still the Best!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great resale value"

Cons: "Huge blind spots, very limited options,colors,etc."

"I've owned Toyotas and Hondas since 1981 and my Toyoyta pickups have been the best. Granted I've been a ASE certified mechanic on cars/light trucks since then and now in the heavy truck market for the past 15 years but I've been around alot of vehicles and Toyotas have been the best built and engineered vehicles period.They have always looked good and road well and maintained their value better than just about any manufacturer. I love the Tacoma for its size and pep,it's very nimble. Now some things bug me about them, like blind spots---have the engineers actually driven these things? It's time to buy another Tacoma but with 189,000 miles it's just starting to show signs of wear and my son will be using it,next with a trip to the eastcoast and I know he will have no problems. Speaking from experience--Regular Maintenance is essential-- even a YUGO could last longer if you take care of it."

REALLY DISAPPOINTED

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY TACOMA. LOUD ENGINE NOISE AND WIND NOISE IS SOOOO LOUD. ITS LIKE A WINDOW IS DOWN JUST A CRACK. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO VISIT, TALK LOUDER. ITS BAD. DISTRICT REP SAID NOTHING WRONG AND THATS THE WAY IT IS. $33,000 AND "THATS THE WAY IT IS"? IF TOYOTA WON'T TRY TO GET RID OF THE NOISE, I GOTTA GET RID OF THE NOISE. AM NOW LOOKING AT GMC CANYON OR NISSAN FRONTIER"

Simply the Best

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"The Tacomas are simply the best. This is my third in 35 years and they have never failed to impress. The 2011 truck is definately larger than my 2003 and the gas mileage is a little lower but the standard 4 cylinder works just fine for most business. Just had an 18 inch snow storm and with a little weight in the back the truck was like a tank. These trucks are every outdoor young mans dream and every hunter and fisherman in the country should own at least one in their life. I do not believe that I have ever done anything but oil changes and tires to the previous two. Maybe an EPA sensor change but that was it. They are rugged but still get you where you need to go when you need to get there in relative comfort. They are simply the best."

Would not recommend this truck...

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"I have an ‘07 pre runner double cab 4.0 v6 4x2 long bed with 124,000 miles. It is my first new truck. the stock tires only lasted 38,000 miles. I noticed right away that the windshield molding made a humming noise above 70 mph, however, the dealer would not fix this problem because it would occur above speed limit. I fixed it with silicone. The windshield wipers don’t work on high. I noticed this after the warranty was up because it seldom rains here. The air bag has a defective part in the steering column, the dealer wanted $500 to fix. They said it must have been a problem with others because the part was in stock already. The engine pings with 87 octane, the dealer had no solution except to stop reading the internet. I run Shell gas 89 octane. The gas mileage is about the same as my wife’s 06 ford expedition v8 4x4 which runs on 87 octane. Another problem I found was that the seats sit low to the floor which makes for uncomfortable work truck and the double cab has blind spots. The best thing about this truck is its looks! I really wish I had bought a F150. I have always had good luck with Toyota, but probably won’t buy another."

07 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD SR5

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"Initially very happy with my truck, handles nice and for the most part gets decent gas mileage. However, the sheet moulded composit bed is not as tough as the dealership said it was, and the lack of d-rings on the front of the bed limit its use(can't tie down my 600lb motorcycle). Also the lack of a lip of the bed did not allow me to initially use my Track Rack system, however they came out with adapters for the rails. The rail system is a good idea, but poorly executed. The 2.7 four cylinder engine with a 5 speed manual feels underpowered, and going up hills even empty on the highway feels bogged down unless you have a good running start. On the happier side, the cab is much more spacious than older tacoma's, and parents will like the accessability of a four door cab for car seats and cargo."

Excellent truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"This toyota truck #4 for me. All have been great. This one, with the v6, trd, 4wd access cab and 5 speed auto is excellent. I tow a 3500 lb travel trailer and the truck handles it very well. So far at 35K I have never had to return for a warranty issue. Good mileage for the power/performance. Smooth, quiet and comfy without being too big. Just right really. Highly recommended."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Roomy, powerful....nice all the way around. I have the 2006 TRD Off Road, 4 door. Seats are extreamly confortable. (Back seat included) Gas milage is a little low, but acceptable. Only owned it for a year, but I don't see any problems coming around. Best truck I have ever owned."

Good truck. 200,000 miles and very few issues.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Good value."

Cons: "Access cab not usable."

"This has been a good truck overall. Good value considering the cost of most full size trucks now days. Have had some issues with the electrical though; heat went out, speedometer has gone out, etc. But it was and still is a very reliable vehicle with no major issues to report. The access cab is small and cannot really hold extra passengers."