2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Based on 1498 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle, reliable, could use improvements

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Light, fast, great 4X4, cool design"

Cons: "cup holders, rear view mirror, driver comfort"

"This is my second Tacoma. My 2002 was completely reliable with 80K miles on it, but I wanted a 4 wheel drive, so I treated myself to a new Tacoma in 2007. Overall, it is a great vehicle....oil and air filter changes pretty much sum up the routine maintenance. However, the brakes have had to be changed twice, and the original plugs were fouled, and when checked I was told by the mechanic that the plugs were not the usual Toyota plugs, but a cheaper brand. Also, the use of a LOT more plastic, particularly outside the vehicle, is disappointing on a truck like this....scratches easily, and expensive to replace. Fuel economy is pretty dismal for a six cylinder, in my opinion...I would think that Toyota would be able to at least achieve over 20 mpg minimum when the big boys are doing it with V8s pretty routinely now. Interior wise, the drivers side is smaller than the passenger side by inches (I do not understand this), the rear view mirror is too low, and the cup holders make no sense. HOWEVER...after 76000 miles of pretty much trouble free driving on the highway for 1800 mile road trips, in Vegas summer heat, in bad bumper to bumper stop and go traffic, I have to say that I love this truck. Yes, there are improvements design wise that could be made, but overall this is a great, reliable truck, and I have no doubt that I could put 150-200K miles on it with very little repairs or breakdowns."

compact truck small inside goes anywhere

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "keeps its value..wont let you down..decent on fuel"

Cons: "small..price.."

"Bought brand new..i have until i die..want bigger truck like tundra..but like most..you pay for the vehicle..should have bought the tundra instead of the tacoma..but wont let go of my little guy..just going to get his bigger brother in a few more years or if i find one for the right price.."

Great PU with low mileage.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and is very reliable."

Cons: "Don't have a need for a 4-wheel drive vehicle."

"This PU is probably the best 2007 you can buy. Well taken care of by original owner. Reason for selling: Want to purchase a new vehicle."

I love this truck!!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Value for the money"

"This is the first pick up I've ever owned myself, have driven many over the years. Purchased as a third car so we would have something to haul with and my wife could use it as a winter car with the 4 wheel drive system. We have owned it for two years and will look forward to keeping it for many years to come."

great truck

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reason: needed v8

Pros: "quality driven"

Cons: "bigger guys, 6' and above, not a good fit..."

"needed a bigger truck.... its been the best truck ive owned in my lifetime."

1st time truck owner

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "nice freeway driving."

Cons: "turning radius(not bad tho)"

"I've always been a jeep guy, this is a fun truck to drive. I do however miss the small turn radius, this truck is fast, handles well, accelerates quickly, and has alot of room and vision for the driver."

Great pickup for the price

By on Monday, February 6, 2012

"My 2011 Tocoma is a double cab V6-- with more power than my previous 2003 Tacoma 4 cylinder. For those of us who cannot afford a Ford 150 with similiar 'bells and whistles' the Tocoma is a good buy--mine has 'bluetooth' and an MP3 'plug-in.'"

Reliable, just basic

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "No heated outside mirrors"

"Should come with heated outside mirrors. Traction control isn't very good in snow. Compared to most other trucks"

Has been a very dependable vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Minimal cost to maintain. Very reliable with decent mpg. Smooth ride and very comfortable to drive. Tows a large tent trailer without hesitation. Holds four adults comfortably."

I love my truck!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, too much to list!"

Cons: "No variable-speed/intermittent windshield wipers!"

"My first car when I got my license! I absolutely love this truck. Plenty of power from the standard 4-cylinder engine, smooth automatic transmission, and GREAT gas mileage, about 25 miles to the gallon on the highway depending on driving conditions. My radio and auxiliary/iPod hookup both started having problems and were replaced under warranty. Apparently a lot of 2010 model year Toyota vehicles have had problems with the stereo system. Have not had any problems with new stereo. The blower motor for the heater and A/C started making a noise in late 2010 that got worse over time, and the Toyota dealer replaced it under warranty just 4 days prior to me writing this review. When the truck was brand new back in 2009, there was a problem whenever the automatic transmission was put into park. Sometimes it would lock properly and the vehicle would "think" it was still in drive or reverse and roll forward or backward. This was also fixed by the dealer under warranty and there has not been a problem since. In my opinion, it is not the little things like this that make a vehicle good or bad. The truck is extremely reliable and has not had any problems with the drivetrain (engine, transmission, etc), and it is also an extremely durable little truck. Despite being a 2-wheel drive, my truck does okay in mud and other messy conditions. I would NOT take it off-roading, but the traction control combined with superior engineering make it adequate in mud, water, and snow. The air-conditioner in my Tacoma is very powerful and blows FREEZING COLD. It performed flawlessly during all the summer 2011 heat waves we had. The heater will roast you out of the cab and if you hold your hand close to the vent when it is on full blast you will just about burn your hand! For a base model truck, my Tacoma has an adequate stereo system. It has an AM/FM CD/MP3 player with 4 speakers and a handy auxiliary plug-in for my iPod. The speakers are not very good and I sometimes have to turn the volume on full blast to hear the song. I plan on upgrading the speakers in the future with more powerful aftermarket units. This is pretty easy to do, so the speakers do not influence my overall rating of this truck. The only thing I truly HATE about my 2010 Toyota Tacoma is that it DOES NOT have variable-speed intermittent windshield wipers. It just has 2-speed wipers with a "mist" function (basically just flicking the control stick manually every few seconds during a drizzle), and a windshield washer. You do not realize how much you take intermittent wipers for granted until you've driven in a light rain without them! Even worse is that I did not even realize my truck didn't have this feature until TWO DAYS after we bought it! Apparently you have to get the "preferred convenience package" or something like that, which includes several other options like cruise control and drives the price up considerably. Even for the 2012 model year, the regular cab Tacoma is not available with intermittent wipers. According to a Toyota salesman I talked to, intermittent wipers are option on the 4-wheel drive regular cab, but not available on any 2-wheel drive regular cab. My neighbor has a 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 extra cab with power windows and locks that did not even come with intermittent wipers! Anyway, this is all a matter of preference. To some people it does not matter if their car has intermittent wipers, and to some it does. I've started to get used to it (though I still plan on putting in intermittent wipers sometime in the future), but I just wanted to educate those who want to buy a new or used Tacoma about this fact before they decided to make a purchase. Except for the lack of intermittent wipers, I love the Toyota Tacoma and would absolutely recommend it to nayone looking for a compact pickup truck!"

realy good truck

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "trd package makes a big diffrence"

Cons: "cant put the top down like i can in my jeep"

"best truck i have ever owened"

nice truck

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "4cyl gets great gas mil"

"the only thing i've had to do is put front pads on at 35000 miles , and rotors were perfect , and 4 tires@48000 miles . i bought this new in 2006 oct and this truck is great. looking to buy again 2013 this truck now has 71000 and needs nothing."

Love this Truck

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive worth the price tons of cup holders"

Cons: "Driver seat does not raise up."

"The 2011 Toyota Tacoma is a top choice in the midsize pickup segment thanks to its highly capable nature and wide array of configurations. Engines offer a good balance of power and fuel efficiency; wide variety of body styles and trims; strong safety scores; impressive build quality; well-appointed interior."

It's like a new truck. Have a work truck.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Hoot to drive"

Cons: "Has everything. Camera mirror. Keyless entry."

"Everythings perfect"

Love it!

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Very fun to drive, gets compliments frequently!"

Cons: "Leather trim 3rd party only."

"Wouldn't buy any other truck!"

ok

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "handles well comfortable"

Cons: "ac problem"

"ac compressor makes very loud grinding noise and takes a few seconds for ac clutch to engage when first turn on on hot days and sometimes almost kills the engine but dealer says can't duplicate problem so i guess i just use it until it goes out also i have read about other people with the same problem. One of fender flares popped loose after a week but other than that has been a good vehicle so far"

best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"drives like new!!!!!!!! a beast off road and on. so much space and good on gas, whats not to love!!!!!!!!"

The only truck I will ever buy

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great resale value"

Cons: "lack of color choices."

"This is my second Tacoma, and my experience with this vehicle has been superb. Other than oil changes, all I have to do is gas it up. On my first Tacoma, I put more than 250,000 miles on it and it was still going strong, I only bought this one because the new style is just too hard to resist. I know I will be driving this one for a long time..."

Could not buy a better pickup

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "4x4 is amazing w/ locking diff"

Cons: "Cruise control"

"I have owned the truck since it was new. It gets decent mileage, pulls a trailer well, and has a great ride. This truck has done everything from get me to the Mt. to ski to help me move a yard of pea gravel for a French drain. Through all of this it still is worth 5-7K more that I owe on it! If you are looking for a truck to do the job and not lose value like others, this is your truck! Amazing!"

Best Mid-Size truck - No Contest

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Sporty Styling, Great for road trips"

Cons: "Squeeky blower motor, terrible cruise control"

"This truck has done everything I have needed! It is a great compact truck with plenty of power and capability and has not let me down. I have over $100K miles and have done only regular oil changes and tire rotation. The truck gets respectable gas mileage and is a comfortable truck to drive on long road trips. This has been my favorite truck to own and drive and plan to keep on driving to at least 200K. My only complaints are the squeeky blower motor most notably in the winter months and the cruise control is jumpy when you start climbing a hill. I always have to take it off cruise control when encountering a hill. Overall this truck has been great and would buy another Tacoma. Have actually considered buying my wife one. I have a tonneau cover and makes for a great family vehicle."

AWESOME!!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Perfect Do Anything Vehicle"

Cons: "Pricey - not good for commuting"

"Good to carry people - light to medium work load - comfortable - roomy - perfect for less than fair weather conditions - handles amazing - rugged - durable"

Great little truck that could..

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Perform as expected?"

Cons: "Light traction on rear wheels"

"This little truck could do everything I toss at. I don't know how Toyota is going to improve this truck to be better when they need to perform full model change.. I can’t wait to see next generation Tacoma! How are they going to tell me next generation Tacoma are better then mine to me?"

Found my forever truck!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "styling, safety, adaptability"

Cons: "Tailgate strength"

"Overall best truck I have owned. Work or play, it has what I look for in a truck. Power is impressive for a mid-size truck, breaking is powerful, towing capacity is higher than advertised and very smooth. Only criticism of this truck is the low quality of the tailgate. It is hollow with very thin sheet metal on exterior with bedliner wall on the inside, making it difficult to place weight on. Specs say it can handle 200lbs and I find that anything over 100lbs creates a sense of caution before continuing to load. Overall however, it is a high quality and ultimately reliable truck. The Nissan Frontier, Ford Ranger, Honda Ridgeline or any other similar midsize truck doesn't compare to the quality and value retention."

Awesome Truck

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and fast"

Cons: "no fold out cupholders/arm rest in the backseat but are on back of console"

"The truck is good on gas, its fast, impressive horsepower for a mid size. It never gives me problems and i could drive it anyway anywhere i want. The resale value is nice also."

good truck

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "easy to work on"

Cons: "not much horse power"

"very good truck"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Access Cab near Honolulu. See local deals