2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Based on 1463 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Toyota is so darn reliable.

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Have owned 4 Toyota trucks since 1981, and my wife has owned 2 corolla's and 2 Rav-4's. Except for a few very minor problems along the way, they have been totally reliable. Out of all of my Toyota trucks, the 05 Tacoma I have now has 130,000 miles on it. The only major problems along the way...The A/C pump ceased up at around 65,000 miles, and the brake slave cylinder went bad at around 100,000 miles. I probably would have kept the other Toyota trucks longer, but once the great New York State road salt started eating away the under carriage,it was time to trade them in."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Solid, stable, powerful fun to drive"

Cons: "I have the JVC stereo not as good as my Audi A6,ha"

"This is my 5th Toyota Tacoma a 2011 SR5, 4 wheel Dr. 4 cyl. My 2004 sold for nearly what I paid for it with 90000 miles. I took a broadside t-bone and never got a scratch. This truck is as good as it gets. Hunting fishing and hauling excellent. Extra doors excellent and can seat 4 grown adults although a little cramped with a six footer driving it. Wider body is more stable than my 2004 and the mileage is about 23/gal hgwy. 4 wheel drive makes this vehicle like a tank and very stable in rain,snow or ice. If you can find a better truck buy it."

Tough truck, tows well

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Big enough to intiminate slow pokes."

Cons: "uncomfortable driver/passenger seats"

"Doesn't like to tow in 5th gear (automatic) and 4th uses a lot of gas at 50 mph. But it's strong and the locking rear axel is great on slippery boat ramps. The 12v to 110V converter in the bed really comes in handy camping or trimming bushes around the yard. Over 4 years old and the gold paint still looks like new. The temp/compass indicator died but was a free easy fix with directions provided on the net. I don't off road much but when I've been in the bush the truck seemed to like the challenge. The best part.. My dog loves it."

awesome truck

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Cons: "4cyl. auto in the mountains isnt very fun"

"Own a 4cyl. ext cab sr5 2005 2wd since 26k, now has 93k. Great truck! no issues. Taken me across the country 4 times."

I have never felt reliable on something

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

"i also have a 2 inch suspension lift to get to and from hunting camp. this truck is very reliable. I have pulled dodges, chevy's and fords bigger the my truck out of ditches and mud holes. It is a very reliable truck."

Favorite Vehicle

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"Bought my truck new. 5 years, 92000 miles later, it is tight, rattle free, no problems (except an A/C compressor). They could improve the stereo, and quiet the engine noise - but my next vehicle will be this vehicle. Excellent truck."

Very Satisfied

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I have owned my 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4WD,Double Cab for a year. I have put 40,000 miles on it, and I have had no issues at all. Very comfortable, reliable vehicle, and as I was checking the value, it has held its value very well. 4WD works great."

Worst truck ever

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I have owned this truck over 2 years and this truck is so far the worst I ever had. Gas mileage is terrible, ride comfort is none existent and as far as payload, can not handle to much 8 bag of concrete 90lb and the truck nose is pointing towards the sky. Handling is horrible don't stay on a straight line wonders left to right. I had Toyota look at the front end. they just said that is the way they are. Steering is way to soft and is not speed sensitive always easy to steer even at high speed 80+ mph."

Very Happy

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"this truck is great! Very recommended, I have the TRD Off-Road package double cab and it has everything, towing, power, storage, and the ability to tote my family around. It is a wonderful vehicle, rides great has good "get up" and the engineering/conveniences and attention to detail are fantastic. Go get yourself one"

Still needs improvement

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"The 2005 model was a much needed and highly welcomed upgrade from the lingering smaller tacoma that it replaced. The larger interior size, which was its previous downfall as it was very cramp and confining has been transformed into a roomy spacious cabin!! controls are easy to reach and layout is about where you expect things to be. The 4.0L V6 has great power available and returns respectable MPG (I get about 18MPG overall with an automatic - I'd have to cruise about 65MPH on the freeway to break 20MPG) responcive handling and expected somewhat stiff ride for the TRD off-road pkg. Inside agian, they went gangbusters for storage. behind AND under the back seats there is enourmous storage for tiedowns, tools, chains, blankets, food and what ever you may need for emergencies - really, there is toms of storage!! Now then, here's what i didn't like about the new Taco: the cloth seats are terrbile at stains - if you even spill WATER on the cloth seats, it will leave a water mark!! get them wet at all and you have a water mark!! the radio is very difficult to see in the daytime, and impossible to see when wearing sunglasses!! The standard LED in-dash clock is the same one they been using for over 20 YEARS - you'd think they could at least upgrade the clock!! also no glove box light, my old 1993 Toyota p-up had that??!! the drivers side power window controls are also not visible at night - they're supposed to be illuminated, but you fumble around and test each button to figure out which window control your lowering. And oh, the tranny - when on cruise, and the speed drops down a slight bit or you increase the speed by more than 3 MPH - the tranny will, for some reason, drop 2 gears, the engien will jump 1500 RPM - just to gain that 2-3 MPH??!! Overall, I wish I would have given the new Taco model a year or two to get the bugs out before buying one. Although I enjoy the truck, I'd have a hard time recommending this years model"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Access Cab near Honolulu. See local deals