2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Based on 1497 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Great midsize truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, reliable"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage, not great"

"Great midsize truck, powerful enough to pull small trailer (u-haul). Not difficult to park. Great quality and reliability. Decent gas mileage, not great, 18-22 road."

Tacoma prerunner

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an '07 doublecab and this is a great vehicle. The best thing I like about this vehicle is that it is very versatile. I have had it almost two years no complaints no surprises. Very happy with my toyota"

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

Very Happy

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"this truck is great! Very recommended, I have the TRD Off-Road package double cab and it has everything, towing, power, storage, and the ability to tote my family around. It is a wonderful vehicle, rides great has good "get up" and the engineering/conveniences and attention to detail are fantastic. Go get yourself one"

Still needs improvement

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"The 2005 model was a much needed and highly welcomed upgrade from the lingering smaller tacoma that it replaced. The larger interior size, which was its previous downfall as it was very cramp and confining has been transformed into a roomy spacious cabin!! controls are easy to reach and layout is about where you expect things to be. The 4.0L V6 has great power available and returns respectable MPG (I get about 18MPG overall with an automatic - I'd have to cruise about 65MPH on the freeway to break 20MPG) responcive handling and expected somewhat stiff ride for the TRD off-road pkg. Inside agian, they went gangbusters for storage. behind AND under the back seats there is enourmous storage for tiedowns, tools, chains, blankets, food and what ever you may need for emergencies - really, there is toms of storage!! Now then, here's what i didn't like about the new Taco: the cloth seats are terrbile at stains - if you even spill WATER on the cloth seats, it will leave a water mark!! get them wet at all and you have a water mark!! the radio is very difficult to see in the daytime, and impossible to see when wearing sunglasses!! The standard LED in-dash clock is the same one they been using for over 20 YEARS - you'd think they could at least upgrade the clock!! also no glove box light, my old 1993 Toyota p-up had that??!! the drivers side power window controls are also not visible at night - they're supposed to be illuminated, but you fumble around and test each button to figure out which window control your lowering. And oh, the tranny - when on cruise, and the speed drops down a slight bit or you increase the speed by more than 3 MPH - the tranny will, for some reason, drop 2 gears, the engien will jump 1500 RPM - just to gain that 2-3 MPH??!! Overall, I wish I would have given the new Taco model a year or two to get the bugs out before buying one. Although I enjoy the truck, I'd have a hard time recommending this years model"

Best Truck on the market

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I've had a Tacoma double cab TRD Off Road for three years now and it has never let me down. The first two years I had it I lived in Summit County (Where Breckenridge/Keystone/Arapahoe-Basin Ski resorts are) and used it for everyday travel through some of the worst snow conditions in the states. In two years I towed at least 50-60 people out of ditches and snowdrifts with this truck. That included me towing a rear wheel drive Ford F-250 out of the Arapahoe Basin Ski Area parking lot to the cheers of everyone around."

05 4x4 Acess TRD SR5 V-6, 6 speed

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I've had many trucks over the years Chevys, Nissans, 4 cyl, V-8, deisels, etc, and I like the 05 Tacoma better than any I've had... Mine is an Access cab, 4x4 V-6, 6 speed TRD SR5.....It has so many improvements over the smaller previous Tacoma's...the Truck is a little bigger and now is more like a mid size truck, but not as big as my Chevy 1/2 ton.....It is pretty much fully loaded, and I like all the toys, including the 6 speed.....Everything on the truck operates beautifully, as you would expect from a Toyota....It has small things like outside temp gauge and compass....The 2 small back doors are great for hauling the small stuff in the back seat area......Mileage is about 20....about as advertised (and much better than 13mpg of a GM 4x4)......Overall...I LOVE IT !.....will keep it for many years !"

Great light duty truck

By on Saturday, October 3, 2009

"I previously owned several small pickups and this Tacoma (my first Toyota), even though it is a base model, puts them all to shame. Zero problems with it. It handles very well at highway speeds and gets ~28 mpg w/mandated 10% eth'gas. 5th gear is an overdrive so downshifting on long hills is necessary to stay in the power curve. I bought this truck new and plan to put 300k miles on it. With this truck that should be a very realistic goal."

The Perfect 'Family' Truckster

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"My first Tacoma - a 2006 sport 4x4 off-roader. I must have been asleep when these first came out - well, no, I was too busy thinking that if you had kids, you HAD to drive a mini-van. Then I found out about it...a TRUCK with 4 doors, 4WD, and a decent interior... What?? I was in heaven - and the dreaded mini-van quickly went bye-byes. This is the perfect vehicle if you have a family but still want a pickup truck that can kick butt both on-road and off ... I can't believe I didn't buy this vehicle earlier - I LOVE it. The 4.0L V6 engine has muscle and speed and blows the competition away - whether you're engaging your friends in a friendly little flat-out race, tearing it up off-road somewhere, or traveling long distance on vacation - this is the truck to have. Mine has a leather interior and the seats are very comfortable. I do agree, however that the rest of the interior leaves something to be desired. Too barren and boring. The stereo actually has pretty good sound, but the overall look of the dash area is cheap and unattractive. Still, it's been a very dependable, fun vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as possible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Access Cab near Honolulu. See local deals