• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Based on 1455 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great looks, amazing performance and reliability

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Strong acceleration, very reliable."

Cons: "The seats are too high, rips many jeans!"

"I've owned my 2006 Tacoma for six years. I put every mile on this amazing vehicle. from the 1st, to the 98,000th. Its a work horse through mud, sand, snow and the LA traffic. Great for camping (the auxiliary outlet in the back is amazing when needed). Great for moving big objects, not so great when everyone else needs big objects to be moved. Cleans up very nicely. Its powerful V6, 4.0 engine will get you where you need to be, without the heartbreak at the pump. No complaints from my guests who sit in the back, as they have plenty of leg space. The stadium style seating in the back allows your passengers to be involved in the trip, unlike other cars that force you to only see the seat in front of you. I recommend this truck to anyone who is interested in a small to medium sized truck."

no problems whatsoever from purchase to date 2012

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cons: "bench seat"

"No problems whatsoever from purchase in 2005 to 2012. Excellent quality, great gas mileage,great suspension, very good value."

Best Vehicle to Date

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I have had this truck for over four years now and it is the most reliable and comfortable truck I have ever owned. I can't imagine buying anything else once I am done with this one."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Just AMAZING"

Cons: "Less plastic would be nice"

"Amazing Truck, we have a 4x4 TRD Off-Road, drives like a sedan, gets great gas mileage (around 22 to 25) on Highways and is great in snow and on ice due to the 4x4. I would buy it again."

Runs like new at almost a quarter million miles

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

"This is my work and play truck.I tow 1500-2500 lbs.often.I have the original battery.I replaced wheel bearings and a caliper.Going for 300k next."

Great midsize truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, reliable"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage, not great"

"Great midsize truck, powerful enough to pull small trailer (u-haul). Not difficult to park. Great quality and reliability. Decent gas mileage, not great, 18-22 road."

Close to perfect.

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, simple, reliable, safe"

Cons: "TPS, seal belt monitoring system."

"I've had the two wheel drive version and the four wheel. I currently own the four wheel drive version. This is an excellent, strong, reliable truck. I have never had any issues with it, it's always been able to get me where I need to go. It's literally close to perfect. However, I wish Toyota would leave it like a truck and stop putting junk into it. A few changes I wish they'd make. Take out the seat belt sensor, it's stupid, annoying, and just the dumbest invention ever. Get rid of the Tire Pressure Monitoring system. Any guy who drives a truck doesn't need this, we can figure this out on our own. Meanwhile, all it does is cause a headache. Drop the oil filter a bit, so that those of us who change our own oil have an easier time. A little more room behind the bench seat would be really nice, perhaps 6 inches? I don't like putting tool boxes in the bed because I like to have all that space available, so a little more cab room behind the bench would be great. Last but certainly not least, I would LOVE if Toyota would put a small diesel engine in this truck. It'd give it more power and torque, not to mention even better fuel mileage. Overall, a great truck, but you can tell the folks at Toyota don't drive these trucks, much less use them like one."

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Toyota is Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"How some people can compare a Toyota with a FORD??? NO WAY!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Access Cab near Honolulu. See local deals