2007 Toyota Solara

9.3

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

6 Stars if I could

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Bought new in 2005 and it still looks and runs like new. The BEST car I've ever owned. It's no wonder Lexus took over building the Solara and marketing under the Lexus IS 250c name. A remarkable automobile. Performance is amazing and the gas milage is ureal (25 city 32 hwy). The engine is soooo quiet and with the top up you would swear you are in a Lincoln. In the years that I have owned this beauty I have only had to replace the tires. This car is going to be a Classic. If you have one...KEEP IT!"

Best Car Ever

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Convertible and extra fun to drive"

Cons: "Looking out of the rear window... limited view"

"This is an excellent car. My friend has one with 340K on it.... It drives like a Lexus... I should know because I own one of those too... I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. Sadly they stopped making them."

Nice car, yet falls short of expectations

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"First of all, we like our 2004 SLE V6 Coupe which we purchased new in April 2004. The styling and interior quality are what attracted us to the car. It is almost completely free of rattles after 35,000 miles. We find it is a good highway car. And we are pleased with how well the car is holding its value. There are a few things that annoy us about the car: the paint chips way too easily (Arctic Frost White), and the automatic transmission is very sluggish in how it shifts - so much so that it really takes away from the performance of the V6 engine. If GM or Ford built such a sloppy transmission, they would be ridiculed. The dealership has been unresponsive about the transmission except to say the new ones are better. (Nice try sales people!) The tires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles; we have been told we are lucky they lasted that long! Both the new tires and the old have been difficult to balance. There is vibration above 65 MPH. And there is more road noise coming from the trunk and rear seat area than is acceptable in any car at this price point. At 6-feet-2, the moon roof really makes head room tight. Our other vehicle, a 2005 Chev Silverado pickup, has a better shifting transmission, better paint, less road noise, and no tire/wheel vibrations. This is my third Toyota, and, frankly, I expected better. Yet, the styling, interior appointments and reliability are such that we still like the car despite the issues identified."

This is the third Solara Convertible I have owned!

By on Monday, September 8, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, very fun"

Cons: "rear window expected to last 5 to 8 years"

"This is the third Solara convertible I have owned, an will sadly be my last since they stopped making them in 2008. I have 95K miles on it and not much has ever gone wrong except normal wear and tear. The only caveat is that the rear window will eventually detach from the roof in these cars. Depending on the weather where you live and whether or not the car is in a garage much of the time, the rear window will typically last 5 to 8 years. It is and expensive repair because the entire roof must be removed and a new window much be heat sealed into to - usually between $1500 and $2500. It has happened on all 3 of my Solaras. That is why I am looking to trade my 2007 in soon - the rear window is about 30% detached from the roof. The other thing that seems to go bad on the Solara are the struts. Mechanics tell me this is normal for cars with 80K+ miles, but I have never had to replace struts on any other car I have owned. You can drive it with bad struts, but it will cause the tires to wear out every 30K miles or so. Having said all this, I would still buy another Solara if Toyota still made them."

Amazing Car

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Seating, trunk space, touch screen Nav, sexy"

Cons: "No Ipod dock or Aux plug"

"I LOVE my solara, It's just right for a family of four. Most convertibles out there don't have the room in the trunk or the back seat like this car has. She's been nothing but a dream. Sexy fun and safe. If your looking for an convertible be sure there is rear roll over protection. Believe it or not there are manufactures still not protecting our heads in a roll over. Solara has protection and amazing curb appeal. I've driven her for 6 years and still I get looks. This car fits all the Costco shopping or I can squeeze three golfbags with the top off. You won't regret ever buying a car like mine. By the way when I was shopping, the only difference between my car and an Audi A4 was $20k, and sexy curves. Great Value!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Solara near Honolulu. See local deals