2006 Toyota Solara

9.3

Based on 519 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

This is the third Solara Convertible I have owned!

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, very fun"

Cons: "rear window expected to last 5 to 8 years"

"This is the third Solara convertible I have owned, an will sadly be my last since they stopped making them in 2008. I have 95K miles on it and not much has ever gone wrong except normal wear and tear. The only caveat is that the rear window will eventually detach from the roof in these cars. Depending on the weather where you live and whether or not the car is in a garage much of the time, the rear window will typically last 5 to 8 years. It is and expensive repair because the entire roof must be removed and a new window much be heat sealed into to - usually between $1500 and $2500. It has happened on all 3 of my Solaras. That is why I am looking to trade my 2007 in soon - the rear window is about 30% detached from the roof. The other thing that seems to go bad on the Solara are the struts. Mechanics tell me this is normal for cars with 80K+ miles, but I have never had to replace struts on any other car I have owned. You can drive it with bad struts, but it will cause the tires to wear out every 30K miles or so. Having said all this, I would still buy another Solara if Toyota still made them."

a good reliable car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "a "nice" reliable Toyota Camry"

Cons: "side and rear visibility"

"Good reliable car, but one serious drawback. Very poor visibility with top up. rear seat headrests blockout vision thru rear window"

Buy this car!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Very spacey interior, GAS MILEAGE!"

Cons: "Back end body style."

"My father bought me this car as a graduation gift, and it is wonderful! So far I have had no problems with it, for an '04 this car is very up to date and the gas mileage is amazing! I'm not kidding or even exaggerating when I say I get almost 350 miles to a tank. It's the best compared to a '94 mustang I used to drive. The air conditioner will freeze you out of the car, and it's very roomie on the inside! I can fit a 6 foot person in my back seat COMFORTABLY. This is a great and dependable car, and I would highly recommend it over any of the newer cars now. Also it's looks are very nice, the only thing I can point out that I dislike about the car, is the back end is not proportionate to the rest of the car, but hey, I get 31 mpg and it runs and looks amazing! SO I can look past that! I love this car!!!!!"

the car is dependable

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"All services have been done on time. All miles are highway miles not city miles"

incredible car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reason: needed 4 wheel drive

Pros: "Lexus quality for Toyota price. Great ride."

Cons: "I got old"

"Bought new in '04. 143,000 trouble free miles! 2 complaints: 1) I'm getting older and climbing in/ out is more difficult. 2) Headlight lens now needs clearing every 5-6 months. Simple job of polishing and sealer but aren't cars supposed to last forever? Wife and I have enjoyed this high quality, sophisticated, sporty 2 door Toyota Solara for 11 years. Hope the next car will be as much joy."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Solara near Honolulu. See local deals