2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,680 - $38,428.

10/7.9

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

Great van but not as nice as previous model

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and AWD"

Cons: "Plastic dash"

"I'm a long time Toyota customer. This is my second Sienna. I'm a sales rep so I'm in my vehicle a lot averaging about 35k miles a year. I feel as though the new Sienna interior is too plastic. The previous interior looked much nicer. I miss the double console compartment that was in my previous sienna. It had a shallow top compartment which also had a notepad holder. This upper compartment allowed me to find smaller things easier. I miss the dynamic cruise control with sonar and the electronic folding mirrors. My previous sienna was a XLE limited AWD, the new one is a XLE AWD model. But from what I've read it doesn't appear Toyota is offering the dynamic cruise control on the newer model. I do love the updated exterior and the AWD is a must in New England and is superb in the snow. I'm not a fan of the run flat tires especially because I'd have to replace them so often as they only get 25-30K miles on them and I found that if they do have any issues they go flat flat instantly, therefore there is no benefit in my opinion. So I opted to use regular tires and keep a plug kit in my vehicle. The car does drive very nice. I do enjoy the Bluetooth however I was unable to upload my contacts from my iPhone 4S. Apparently it's not compatible which is unfortunate since its such a popular phone. This vehicle is perfect for my job and is comfortable. I'd recommend it. Just not happy with some of the things missing and the plastic interior."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."

Best Family Hauler

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"Smooth ride, good acceleration, quiet interior even at 85-90 mph. I get 26 mpg in straight highway driving going between 70-85 mph, with occasionally aggressive merging and lane changing over an 80 mile stretch, I imagine alot of V6 owners will be envious of that (especially the AWD owners). I find the engine very satisfactory and the suspension perfect even when hauling my four kids, wife and all our stuff. Interior is attractive and comfortable, lots of storage and head/foot room. The new 2011 design is eye catching and gets lots of attention where ever we go, it's really sporty."

This vehicle drives like a luxury car it seems.

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great design, quiet ride, good and adequate power"

Cons: "tendency to bump gear shift knob"

"This past June we really loaded up this vehicle-had 5 adults, one infant and one toddler and one 10 year old plus their respective small luggages for a weekend trip. It was still comfortable to ride,the vehicle has a lot of places to put drinks, had comfortable leg room, had plenty of power for passing, it was quiet too. Liked the information on fuel consumption.Liked the sunshades and the second windows able to open halfway. Cons: tendency to bump the gear shift knob when one reaches for the radio knobs.Sound quality not that great."

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

v6 Passing power

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "v6 passing power"

Cons: "bigger tire size would be good"

"Bought a base v6 Sienna in 2012 for $25k out-the-door. Drove 16000 miles total, great driving experience specially the v6 passing power. Quiet, comfortable ride, quad chair, lots of space. Gas mileage 24 mpg combined. Dual AC great value. Won't go wrong with this van."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

Interior lacks comfort and has design flaws.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Sienna drives good. plenty of power"

Cons: "uncomfortable middle and rear seats. Rattles"

"The middle and back row seats rattle in the legs and frame. I have owned the last three generations of Sienna, this new design is bad. I've been a Toyota owner since 1991. The drive-train and handling are great, but the interior seats are noisy and not very comfortable. I've taken this Sienna Van in to get the noisy rattles in the seats fixed four times now. There is no factory fix. Just empty promises from the Service department. I'm not happy."