2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,724 - $25,775.

10/7.9

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

Great vehicle

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable. Fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive."

"This minivan met all of my expectations. It is reliable and comfortable. I would not change anything about this vehicle."

Very happy with this minivan

By on Thursday, June 04, 2015

Pros: "Smooth, quiet and comfortable ride. Convenient"

Cons: "middle seat in the 2nd row."

"I test drove Nissan Quest SL, Kia Sedona, Honda Odyssey EX-L and Toyota Sienna XLE 2015. Many people don't like Quest exterior design, but I don't have a problem with it. I actually like it. Nissan Quest interior is very nice, but the cargo space is less compare to competitors. I already had another car w/ CVT which has good fuel economy, so I don't want another car w/ CVT because it makes noise when you accelerate. I really like Kia Sedona with the new design. It looks like an SUV and very attractive. It seemed responsive on local streets, but when I drove on highway, it was lagging and sluggish. I was so disappointed because of it. I know it's a minivan, not a sport car, but I want it to be more responsive in case I want to pass. If the car was more responsive, it would be so hard for me to decide. I might end up getting it. So it came down to Odyssey and Sienna. It was a hard choice. Odyssey build was so thoughtful and convenient for family. It was quiet and comfortable. What turned me off was the infotainment system. It was complicated and confusing with 2 screens. Moreover, it was not intuitive. There is only 1 charger in the front row. If you count the USB, then you have 2 chargers. Sienna has 2 chargers + USB. Odyssey EX-L only gives me 2 sun shades for the 2nd row, but not for the 3rd row while Sienna gives me 4 sun shades for both 2nd and 3rd rows. Odyssey has the most space for 3 seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows while Sienna only has a small middle seat in the 2nd row which I think useless someone small like a kid 8-10 yr old when he/she doesn't need car seat or booster. The center info screen between the gauges in Odyssey is out of date while Sienna has more modern and high end screen. That's why I chose Sienna XLE FWD 2015. The van came w/ Premium package including Nav and sonar back up system. I kinda regret not getting AWD. Sienna exterior is kinda boring, but nice (not ugly). I love everything interior from the 2nd row forward. I don't like the 3rd row b/c it looks cheap, not as nice as the 3rd row in Odyssey. The van is smooth, quiet and very comfortable. Minimal road noise, some wind noise. It handles well to me. I don't expect it as a sport car. It has enough power. I have average 21-22 mpg w/ mixed local and highway driving. If I drive 90% highway, it can get above 25 mpg. I wish Sienna has LED light, better middle seat in the 2nd row, charger for 2nd row and finally better exterior design. Otherwise, no other complaint. I'm very happy w/ this minivan. I hope it won't give me any problem b/c it has very good reliability."

Mixed Feelings

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, folding seats, comfort, backup camera"

Cons: "MPG, interior quality, back seats, RATTLES"

"I have the 8-Passenger LE model. Though the Sienna has been extremely reliable for the 17k miles I have owned it, I have quite a few gripes. First, I have never seen the advertised fuel mileage under any driving conditions. I was a little concerned that it was not only rated at worse fuel economy than the Honda, but also the previous generation Sienna. Now that I am getting noticeably worse mileage than advertised, I am pretty upset. I typically only get 21-23 highway, and 16-17 city. I drove it all the way from Minnesota to Virginia this spring and didn't see the advertised 25mpg highway on a single tank. Best I have done is 23, and that is cruise set at 60mph on relatively flat ground for basically the entire tank. Second, the interior. While the interior is relatively attractive, I have found it to be of low quality. I have more squeaks and rattles in this thing than I had in the 2002 Buick LeSabre that it replaced. The dashboard rattles when it's cold, the upper glovebox rattles all the time, and the third row seat rattles so bad that I can't stand driving it with the third row seats up unless someone is sitting in them. Also, the upper glove box is difficult to close due to the cheap latching mechanism that is all the way to one side (seemingly so that the driver can reach it). Third, the middle row seats. The middle row has a somewhat strangely shaped seat back that, while comfortable for adults, is awkward for children. It kind of pushes their head down. There is also the big plastic thing that covers the track system between the middle seats. While I didn't think much of it when I purchased the vehicle, it does make getting into and out of the third row much more difficult unless you just step on it. There are a few good things. It does have an incredible amount of storage space inside, which makes it very flexible. You could legitimately drive 6 adults(including driver) to the airport with their luggage and not have a problem fitting everything/everyone. The seats are comfortable for adults in all rows(when the middle is appropriately positioned). The automatic climate control, bluetooth stereo, cruise control, and backup camera, are all very nice to use. It also drives fairly well. Plenty of power for on ramps and passing, the brakes are strong as well. One thing I found surprising was how tight the turning radius is. It really makes it incredibly easy to park. The only gripe I have about how it drives is that the steering is excessively light in my opinion. However, that is quite subjective, and others may prefer it. Overall, the Sienna has been reliable, drives nice, has lots of room, and plenty of power. However, the squeaks/rattles and poor fuel economy prevent me from recommending this. It really makes the thing feel like a very cheap utilitarian vehicle when you are driving it. I have driven the Odyssey and previous generation of Sienna, and neither of them suffers from this feeling of cheapness. My city beater, a 15 year old Honda Civic, seems to have a better constructed interior, and far fewer rattles. Very disappointed. Buy the Odyssey. It looks better, drives better, and gets better mileage. It may be slightly more expensive, but it is better than driving what feels like an upscaled Kia Rio."

This van is as comfortable as a living room.

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, room, reliability, value,"

Cons: "Back up camera."

"Full disclosure, I am a loyal Toyota vehicle, of one kind or another, owner for over 30 years. Although I am never likely to ever get a "great deal", I buy them primarily because they have proven to me to be so reliable, inexpensive to maintain and have an awesome resale value. I buy new and used. That being said, we purchased a new 2012 Toyota Sienna LE, 8 passenger, FW, for traveling to visit our children in New Jersey, DC and Chicago form Erie, Pa.. This van is so comfortable to drive over longs trips. The driver side more than accommodates my long legs. The front captain seats are extra wide. My wife always says she feels like she is sitting in our living room, as she crosses her legs while doing her nails during our trips. The middle 2 captain chairs area provide even more leg/living room. We have frequently used all 8 seats and no one seems to be cramped. The back cargo area, when we fold the 3rd row seats, unfortunately enables my wife's and my overpacking bad habit. It is huge. I do take constant and accurate mpg readings on our trips. We do get 24-25 mpg's all the time at around 72 mph. City is never more than 18 mpg, and often less. But what would you expect from driving a large vehicle from stop light to stop light. My only real complaint is that the rear view camera is not very useful for backing up. It's only purpose is to let the driver know there in no one or nothing behind you. I understand the camera in the 2015's is a true back up camera. Overall, this is an excellent van for room, comfort, reliability and value. BTW, for a minivan it also looks pretty sharp. Swagger Wagon!!"

Engine troubled minivan

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving and handling are top of the line."

Cons: "Reliability is a great concern."

"With just 300 miles on my Sienna it has already been in for engine problems twice. After being in my garge only two days the entire oil content of the engine leak out on the floor. Car was towed to the dealership where the Toyota maintenance techs couldn't find a problem. The car's oil was topped off and I was then sent on my way home. To my un-surprise he next day the my minivan had created new pool of oil. On visit number two to the dealership it was determined the rear oil seal was leaking. This van has almost spent more time on tow trucks and maintenance racks as it has on the road. Other than the oil leak the Sienna drives great. Turning radius, power, and comfort are top of the line. The Sienna drives like a much smaller car."

Best Mini Van

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Transmission shifting, Touch Screen radio"

Cons: "None so far."

"I have owned two Chrysler Town and Country Mini Vans and thought they were great vehicles until I drove my new Sienna. What a difference. This vehicle rides better and I no longer have the noisy power steering pump that Chrysler says is normal. My steering wheel isn't shaking (shortly after purchase) from the defective rotors Chrysler likes to use. We have also started to have problems with the Chrysler vans after about 60,000 miles replacing coil packs on the engine and sliding door problems. I can't stress enough how much nicer the Toyota van is overall. The only thing Chrysler has is the stow and go but it's not worth having for the few times we used it. (All the seats in the floor.) The Sienna transmission is far superior. Can't even feel it when the transmission shifts. Our Chrysler vans would sometimes clunk and of course Chrysler would say that's normal. I do however miss my automatic high beams but that's a minor option to do without. If your torn between the two I would suggest the Toyota but if you get the Chrysler make sure you get the extended warranty for as long as you want to keep the van."

Love the way it drives

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to drive"

Cons: "Would like multiple CD player."

"This is my third Toyota. I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Great vehicle for a mom of two

By on Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, easy to maneuver"

Cons: "its a van"

"I've added aftermarket remote start to this vehicle which has made it invaluable to our family. Being able to start the car and open the doors from the house, so the girls can climb in and start getting buckled is perfect. The car is comfortable and has proven great for road trips."

Very good van

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cons: "Alot of plastic finishes on interior"

"I'm not a minivan person however because my family expanded to7 we found ourselves purchasing a brand new Sienna, I really like this van it has served my family well over the last two and a half years. The big negative is that the majority of the finishes inside this vehicle are plastic that do scratch easily. And a few times the power door (on the drivers side only)wouldn't open by the power option. Over all though I would rate this van a 8/9 out of ten."

Serves its purpose well - Grandchildren mover.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "All good excellent dealer service"

Cons: "Access to engine parts (spark plugs)"

"From the start, we have enjoyed the Sienna. Comfortable, reasonable gas mileage, easy to drive and park. Grandkids easy access and exit -they love it. Planning to buy a new one this fall."

Quintessential Family car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, turning radius"

Cons: "Interior design"

"We bought the Sienna after our first kid and we enjoyed the space the car had to offer. We could make big family road trips with so much comfort. Ideal family van."

Not so happy

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "It has a nice ride and is very roomy."

Cons: "The short front end."

"The interior is much roomier than my 2000 Sienna, it also has a very nice ride. However, I found that looking out the front is difficult at times,as the front end is very short, one cannot judge distances. For example, getting into a garage or parking space. The camera for looking when you are reversing is VERY nice, except if it gets wet."

Great vehicle for a family and for traveling

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "ride comfort, fit and finish"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats on long trips"

"Toyota builds great cars but they are not exciting cars, You aren't going to get a thrill from driving a Toyota but you will get your moneys worth, but people are not ever going to say "Wow there goes a Toyota!" I would recommend this vehicle if you have a family to haul around. We bought it to travel and it steers really well and rides nice but the Japanese have a problem with comfortable seats. Your butt can get sore on long trips. If you are a big person don't buy this vehicle. Otherwise it is really a good choice."

Good overall.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Lots of passenger and luggage room."

Cons: "Removed some good features. See above."

"I have driven nothing but Toyotas for the past 40 years (Cressida's, Camry's and Sienna's) and will continue to drive Toyotas. However, I traded in a 2013 for this and found that they had removed some features which made the van unique and driver friendly. The 2013 had a removable center console for cleaning. Excellent especially for a mini van which is going to be used by people with small children. This was removed in the 2015. Bad idea. The van is longer. Was already long enough. Bad idea. Gas mileage was lower. Bad idea. Went from a multiple CD player to a single. Not everyone (especially mini van drivers) have plug in technology. Bad idea. When something is good....don't mess with it. I don't like my 2015 nearly as much as I enjoyed my 2013. That will not stop me from buying another Toyota."

Really nice!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, looks really nice"

Cons: "Not many features for the money"

"My overall rating is a 4 only because I don't think we got very many features for the money. I had to wait 2 1/2 months to get it, and at the time they didn't have one on the lot to look at. When the van arrived I was a bit taken aback that it didn't come with a center console (our salesman obviously didn't inform us of much before we ordered). My previous van was the standard 2006 LE but that had a 6-CD player, center console, roof rack, stereo changer on the steering wheel, one power door, temperature/distance-to-empty indicators, and a remote garage door opener - standard. I miss this fun stuff, darn it, but with the 2011's it's too expensive for me to upgrade. Aside from all of that, I am very pleased with how it drives - it's very smooth, and accelerates nicely (we got the 4 cyl. and you can't tell the difference between that and the V6). It looks very cool for a mini-van."

best van i will get all toyota vans!

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"i really love it it's very nice and i love the cool things in it. i hope to keep it for a long time well until to new van comes out from toyota"

By on Saturday, January 08, 2011

Loving every second

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Cheap upper dash lid"

"I love it so much I am going to go and buy another one! I am trading mine in since I have so many miles on it, but I don't want any other style of vehicle :) Totally recommend it!"

It has been a great car. Good pick-up.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"Our Sienna Limited had 8,000 miles on it when we got it. It was a program car so don't really know if there were problems when it was new. Bad gas mileage in town, around 14 mpg. Get around 22 on the road, that's at 75 - 80 mph, I'm in Texas. For what we paid, all the trim should be leather instead of plastic. Too much road noise, with new tires that supposed to cut down on road noise. Overall we like the van. The under floor storage of the rear seats is great, makes for a lot of room to haul stuff. The middle captains seats have a lot of travel from front to back. Lots of cup holders, 8 for the front seats. With a back-up camera and the outside mirrors tilting down when you put it in reverse makes backing up easy. It took some getting used to backing up since it is so big. Overall we are very satisfied with our van"

Great Vehicle Except run flat tires

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Drives very well."

Cons: "Run free tires are a drawback."

"Vehicle is excellent. Run flat tires are a drawback. The tires can not be repaired. Replacement is very expensive (Approx. $1000). They are only good for 25000 miles. Frequent Alignment is required. No spare or space for one is provided so using standard tires is a drawback."

3rd Sienna I have owned

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"I purchased the 2011 Limited Sienna 5 months ago. I have owned a 1998 and traded in a 2006 for this one. I have never had a problem with any of them and that is why I purchased this one. The first issue I noticed was it was unable to cool the inside of the car. I complained and toyota said nothing was wrong with it. I brought it in a second time and they still insisted nothing was wrong but suddenly it worked at cooling the interior! So obviously there was something wrong. Then I started grazing things on the right side. I have not yet figured out why I hit stuff on the right. Never had problem with other siennas or my husbands Tundra which is much bigger. The van does not seem to hold the road well - always correcting it. They changed the steering making it more marshmellowy. One more issue is the sliding doors make a loud clunking sound when opening. Toyota says this is normal! I am looking to trade it in as soon as possible."

Smoothest, roomiest, family vacation/trips, I have

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "fair priced, safe and fun to drive. Room galore,"

"I have never had a smoother, quieter, ride. Trips to Disney, Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin with grand kids with plenty of room and quiet. extra after market accessories installed. i.e. remote start, mud flaps, pinstripes, Michelon tires, 3M protection on hood,mirrors, side body, and door guards."

Best minivan

By on Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pros: "Great price, roomy, excellent family vehicle"

Cons: "Front wheel breaking is a little rough"

"Love this minivan! It has been great for all of our extended road trips and travels across the country!"

Amazing Build and Quality

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliability!! Smooth powerful V6, AWD in snow"

Cons: "Run flat tires only last 30K, bluetooth clunky"

"I have a 2011 XLE AWD model with about 68K miles. The reason my wife and I got the Sienna was it's the only minivan with AWD (at least it was in 2011). But I'm glad it was the choice since the van has been amazing. First off nothing has gone wrong with it in 4+ years. And I mean literally nothing. The only time it has ever been in for service has been for routine maintenance. It's a Toyota so that's not surprising. The kids are just about at the age when we no longer need a minivan. So in another year or so, it will probably be gone from the family, but most likely its replacement will be another Toyota. Nice smooth V6 engine and powerful too, merging onto a freeway is a piece of cake. Downsides: you need run flat tires, since there is no spare. Which is fine, but the tires tend to wear out much quicker than normal tires. Maybe it's just me, but the bluetooth is very clunky to use. Also, we didn't think about it when buying, but unless you get the factory tow package, towing capacity is only 1500 lbs, vs 3000 lbs with the to package. We wanted to get a tow hitch added but since it can only do 1500, it's not worth it."

Great Family Vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"I Love this van the only reason I am selling it is I am single now and really don't need all this has to offer."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next