2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,173 - $25,963.

10/7.9

8.4

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy interior, nice comfort features"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"A pleasure to drive. Not your typical "soccer mom" vehicle. Nice styling, handles well, and has plenty of power when needed. Gas mileage is average."

Swagger Wagon indeed!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Roominess, very attractive, solid ride, storage"

Cons: "Pricey as Limited, transmission and engine average"

"Wow is all I can say. I never thought I'd gushing about a minivan but that's definitely the feeling so far. We have owned this Sienna Limited for 6 months now and 5,000 miles and LOVE it! It looks great, has good build quality and drives very well, not to mention much better gas mileage then our Ford Expedition. We have 3-year old triplets all in car seats and this van works very well. It looks great inside and out. The interior has a great double sunroof for those sunny days. The design is great and I like how the door slides are hidden under the window vs down the side of the van like the others. The DVD system is great, especially with the wired headsets ( I negotiated for a 3rd free pair during purchase). It's great for long road-trips. Great dash and layout, solid GPS system with rear-view camera). The only area where I felt the Oddysey was better was the engine and powertrain which are not as polished and refined, but still good by most measures. The kids love this van and so we are happy parents and wouldn't go back to the old, big SUV."

I love this van!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"I looked at Honda Nissan and Chrysler before deciding on the Toyota. I absolutely love my van. You get way more for your money with the Sienna. Honda is nice but the road noise was to much for me. I call the Sienna my Lexus because it rides like a luxury vehicle. The Nissan ride was very stiff. Also everything inside looked cheap. My Toyota has been one of the best vehicles I have owned, very practical with little ones. I highly recommend the Toyota Sienna!"

this is my second sienna.overall, a better machine

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "new look. feels more car like.lotsa power. faster"

Cons: "some switches feel cheap"

"was very upset that dvd player was advertised,but not available. my old sienna had one....and i miss it for the longer trips. some things in the new one seemed lower quality. parts fell out of front sunroof and some switches feel cheap. i also regret buying a model with the power rear fold down seats. seemed like a good idea at the time, but in practicle use, its tempermental and slower and much less convenient than it seemed at first glance. bells and whistles arent always better. otherwise, i love it to death....it holds the family very nicely and comfortably."

Extremely happy - Limited AWD

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Driving"

Cons: "see above"

"Previous Lexus RX and Suburban owner now with 3 kids and the 'burban was somewhat impracticle. Hesitant to go with minivan but so happy with the decision. We feel it drives better than our previous RX330 - much quicker engine, more responsive handling. Run flats are a bit louder but may be why the car handles so well for a van. Turning radius is incredible and AWD has handled snow without a problem. Interior comfort is simply awesome and the seats have exceeded our comfort expectations. Would change the interior fake wood trim, move the radio closer to the driver and add headlamp washers to LMT AWD models."

Proud Sienna Owner

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Only complaint is the cup holders on the ground when the 8th seat is removed. Hope they don't get ruined by foot traffic. Otherwise, I am in love with it so far."

Best van we have owned (4th van in 10 yrs)

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Driveability, reliability, dependability, comfort"

Cons: "Interior could still use some refinements"

"The van handles great and is fun to drive. Very easy to drive ... as long as you have some good tires on it. OEM tires wore out in 30k miles which was extremely disappointing. I gave it 4/5 rating for interior because there are some things that I believe Toyota could have done to improve the interior (year over year). For example, the 3rd seat belt for the rear seating - the storage of it when not in use is great mounted on ceiling; however, it tends to disengage from the holder. Should click into the holder - would be better."

Not so happy

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "It has a nice ride and is very roomy."

Cons: "The short front end."

"The interior is much roomier than my 2000 Sienna, it also has a very nice ride. However, I found that looking out the front is difficult at times,as the front end is very short, one cannot judge distances. For example, getting into a garage or parking space. The camera for looking when you are reversing is VERY nice, except if it gets wet."

Hands Down Great Minivan

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, great ride"

"I purchased 2012 Sienna XLE w/ entertainment package. All around this is a great minivan. I traded in a 2006 Jeep Commander and it's night and day. The overall comfort and smoothness of the Sienna is superb. The room for the kids in both 2nd and 3rd row is awesome and the entertainment package was a great option. The dvd is located up front so there is no hassle of loading dvd's, the split screen is great for the kids to watch their own movie. All and all I would be foolish not to say I will be a Sienna buyer from here on out."

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"This is my 3rd one to own and it is the best vehicle that I have ever had and I have had my share of many many different brands."

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

I love my van!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great looking, easy to drive, roomy"

Cons: "cant think of anything significant"

"This is the second Toyota van I have owned and the 7th Toyota vehicle. My husband and I are loyal to the brand because the quality and performance have never let us down. We don't buy the top of the line model because I just don't use all the features. I currently have the LE model which came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and a power driver seat, along with other minor perks. The body style of this van is very nice and sporty compared to the '06 model I had which "looked" and "felt" more like a van. The handling and pickup are both superb, I was surprised the first time I drove it how much it handled like my Camry XLE. The only reason I didn't rate it 5/5 is because I do think they are a little pricey compared to some of the other manufacturers out there who offer more options as standard features. However I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and I would rather pay for quality and dependability and not be stranded on the side of the road with a lot of nice but unused features."

Loving every second

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Cheap upper dash lid"

"I love it so much I am going to go and buy another one! I am trading mine in since I have so many miles on it, but I don't want any other style of vehicle :) Totally recommend it!"

Really nice!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, looks really nice"

Cons: "Not many features for the money"

"My overall rating is a 4 only because I don't think we got very many features for the money. I had to wait 2 1/2 months to get it, and at the time they didn't have one on the lot to look at. When the van arrived I was a bit taken aback that it didn't come with a center console (our salesman obviously didn't inform us of much before we ordered). My previous van was the standard 2006 LE but that had a 6-CD player, center console, roof rack, stereo changer on the steering wheel, one power door, temperature/distance-to-empty indicators, and a remote garage door opener - standard. I miss this fun stuff, darn it, but with the 2011's it's too expensive for me to upgrade. Aside from all of that, I am very pleased with how it drives - it's very smooth, and accelerates nicely (we got the 4 cyl. and you can't tell the difference between that and the V6). It looks very cool for a mini-van."

Best Minivan out there - Toyota Sienna SE

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "great styling, Toyota quality and resale"

Cons: "19" rims have pricey V rated tires as the only option"

"I travel as representative for a manufacturer and have owned Dodge Caravan's, a new '04 Honda Odyssey EXL and a '07 Honda Odyssey Touring. The last Odyssey was not a good experience with quality and the APX tires were a nightmare. After owning a 4 Runner(Superb) and a '08 Sequoia, my company wanted me to drive a van again. Drove the Odyssey again, the new 4 Runner, then saw and loved the Sienna SE. Really nice looking for a van and well designed and put together. The SE model is unique with a sportier look and 19" wheels. This would be the only gripe is the handling is too sporty for highway vehicle and the power is unbelievable for a minivan. This would compete with my Sequoia with the 5.7ltr V8 381hp. Same engine and 6 spd tranny as my wifes new Venza AWD. The SE is a bargain at $35K and a great factory pkg with the moonroof and power sliders and hatch. Bluetooth works great and like the XM integrated stereo. New tires will be $235 ea for the 19" Michelin MXV4 V rated tires. These are too aggressive for a daily driver is the only thing I would change. Bought Toyota's bargain extended warranty with purchase to 125,000 miles, it's cheap they say as they know you won't have issues. Others complain on the plastic, but you get used to it's funky texture and it is durable and at least not shiney plastic, but soft feel and texture."

Just read it!

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Looks great, bult well,powerfull, limited is a luxury lexus"

Cons: "cheap plastics,not great quality dashbord, 3rd row auto seats to slow to fold in"

"OK this is the 2nd seinna we own, our 2008 is still here and could never be better we drive the 08 everyday, we now have a 2011 limited FWD white Toyota sienna. and yes it is the Lexus of minivans maby even a maybachof minivans!OKk the interior quality has went DOWNHILL a hugedisappointmentt I wasexpectingg the 08 plastic quality. But its just a hard ruff plastic. theleathere ron this car makes up for the bad plastics the leather is wellstitchedd and good quality,the good news is there are no overlapping plasticsToyotaa is known for that). the middle seats with the leg rest is cool and the TV is fine. we got doublemoon roofss which is a plus and the 3rd row seats fold inautomaticallyy but slow. this thing issupposedd to be a bigToyotaa venza which it is, so not really new its just a large venza idintt mind that. the exterior isawesomee and improved everyone like the look of the van. white gets dirty easily but our isgaragedd kept. thesteeringgwheell is way to light (EPS) but over all this van isawesomee and a true LUXURYY van"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Amazing to Drive"

"I recently traded my Mercedes ML to purchase the Sienna and it was without a doubt the best car buying decision I have ever made. I love everything about this van from the interior room to the handling. I test drove the Dodge and Chrysler vans and Toyota Sienna wins out Hands down!"

Best Van Period

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "values, quality, features"

"After test drivng Honda Oddessy, Chrysler and a Ford Flex and Nissan Quest (recent test drive as this just came out) this was the best vehicle. After 8 months we still love this van to death. It is so spacious and so comfortable. I 'd wish to write more but just don't have the time. We spent so much time on research etc and this was the best value."

Love The Sienna!!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Nice handling, comfortable on long trips, roomy"

Cons: "Haven't found any cons yet."

"I bought the Sienna last year and I love it! I drove a Previa for 17 years w/out any major problems and it still worked the day I donated it to charity, so that is why I chose the Sienna. Prepare to be wowed! Due to the heavy snow in my area, I chosed the AWD model. The safety features are impressive. The ride is very comfortable and it handles well. The controls are great - - love the automatic sliding doors. There is plenty of leg room and the cabin is roomy and comfortable. The seats move around and self-stow, so a trip to the home store is a breeze. The only thing I regret is not getting the automatic rear door. I would recommend that option. So far, everything has been great and I am confident this van will last as long as the last one! Too bad American car companies can't replicate Toyota's engineering and quality."

Great Van

By on Monday, June 06, 2011

Pros: "8th seat, very quite yet powerful engine"

Cons: "no power gate, no power 3rd row windows"

"I recently traded in my Chrysler 2008 van for the Sienna, and I couldn't be happier about it. The drive is very smooth and it has a great get-up-and-go drive. This van is quite a bit bigger than my previous one, and my kids love the extra space. I was suprised to find I needed a more expensive model to have the power gate and the power 3rd row windows, which I do miss having but I didn't want to spend the extra money. The best features I've found are the blue tooth, the extra space, the 8th seat, and the engine power. I'm very hopeful and confident this will be a more reliable van than my last, and plan on owning it a long time."

Good and Bad

By on Sunday, May 01, 2011

"Good For long distance trips But a disaster for local trips getting nauseous from pick up"

Very Happy with Sienna

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Have had the van two months now and am very happy with it. The van handles like a car, has plenty of power and is comfortable. I really like the amount of space for the second row."

Best Minivan

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Excellent ride, it's like Lexus minivan version."

Great Van

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"This van is stylish, comfortable and reliable. I love it and will buy it again."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next