2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,645 - $25,705.

10/7.9

8.4

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Van Period

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "values, quality, features"

"After test drivng Honda Oddessy, Chrysler and a Ford Flex and Nissan Quest (recent test drive as this just came out) this was the best vehicle. After 8 months we still love this van to death. It is so spacious and so comfortable. I 'd wish to write more but just don't have the time. We spent so much time on research etc and this was the best value."

Has Sienna before, they drive better than this

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "not many"

Cons: "see above"

"Hard to hold on road in wind. Rough riding compaired with 2008 and 2005 models. Nav system has a lot of incorrect information. Tells you to turn right when showing left on screen. Gave me 2 wrong turns on last trip. Had Garman before this van, never acted this way and had more features."

engine noise with rpms over 3k,rear of van low

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "confortable heavy ride. 27 MPG"

Cons: "Made in USA. Engine noise at 3k rpm"

"Great van, my last toyota has 425k and still runs.quality is good enough since is built in USA,but will not match Japanese quality. roomy and confortable, fun to drive and it fits the whole family. cruzes at 2100 rpm and gets 27 mpg on the highway,25 conbined.it has the 2.7 4 cyl and it can climb hills at 70mph,thats when the engine noise is noticeble because it downshifts end rpm raise to about 3700. My overall rating is 9.5 and strongly recomend any toyota vehicle"

Sliding door

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Drives well, nice removable middle seat in 2nd row"

Cons: "Overpriced, unreliable sliding doors/moonroof"

"I've had this van for almost 1 1/2 yrs. One of the reasons we bought it was b/c of the sliding doors. Also, I insisted on the XLE model b/c I wanted a moonroof. For the past 6 mos or so the right side passenger door (2nd row) will not open when I push the button on the roof/ceiling. This is hugely inconvenient as my 4 yr old has a kiss"

Comfortable and voluminous interior

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "comfortably seats eight with plenty of hip and leg"

Cons: "Just 15 MPG in city driving"

"Had the most amount of trunk area after third row to fit a power wheelchair with a lift while all 8 chairs up.Was very comfortable on a week long 3000 mile trip as I am prone to sore back on other cars after couple of hours. Drives comfortably and noiselessly. Accelerates spiritedly considering the size. Windshield cracked around 27000 miles, possibly hit by road debris. Just had to replace it."

Luxurious traveling vehicle for families!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "stylish, sophisticated, luxurious, comfortable"

Cons: "only 1 3rd row L.A.T.C.H. seat attachment"

"We own the 2011 LTD AWD Sienna and thought it would be a sacrifice moving from a luxury SUV to this vehicle. It has been WONDERFUL! Kids are able to open their sliding doors and hop in without assistance. The open, roomy interior is wonderful for trips and the large quantity of flat floor space is great for major shopping and changing diapers! Previously, we had shied away from minivans b/c they were big, bulky and made you feel like Clark Griswold when you drove them. Not this one...I don't know how Toyota did it, but this is sporty and fun to drive. Our only complaint is a huge one: why in the world is there only 1 L.A.T.C.H. attachment in the third row seat? That is truly insane, Toyota."

Hockey Mom's dream

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

"We are not much of a van family. However, Toyota Sienna met our needs: AWD - for those bad weather hockey days (hockey games never get cancelled!) and CARGO SPACE - we can fit 4 hockey bags in the back cargo area without having to fold a seat. We purchased the LE without the leather and had it added since we have a dog and 'messy' kids. It cost less purchasing the LE and adding the leather than purchasing the model that has leather included. We purchased the 7 seater (not the 8) so our two kids could have their own bucket seats and their friends could easily access the 3rd row. LOVE THIS VAN!"

Excellent if you have 3 kids and a wife

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "smooth"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I have no regrets so far owning this car... almost 2 years and still going !"

dependable, very comfortable, snow no problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "great in snow, good power, dependable"

Cons: "no significant cons"

"Van is dependable, very comfortable, great in the winter, good amount of power - stereo is great"

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy interior, nice comfort features"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"A pleasure to drive. Not your typical "soccer mom" vehicle. Nice styling, handles well, and has plenty of power when needed. Gas mileage is average."

Great Van

By on Monday, June 06, 2011

Pros: "8th seat, very quite yet powerful engine"

Cons: "no power gate, no power 3rd row windows"

"I recently traded in my Chrysler 2008 van for the Sienna, and I couldn't be happier about it. The drive is very smooth and it has a great get-up-and-go drive. This van is quite a bit bigger than my previous one, and my kids love the extra space. I was suprised to find I needed a more expensive model to have the power gate and the power 3rd row windows, which I do miss having but I didn't want to spend the extra money. The best features I've found are the blue tooth, the extra space, the 8th seat, and the engine power. I'm very hopeful and confident this will be a more reliable van than my last, and plan on owning it a long time."

Very Happy with Sienna

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Have had the van two months now and am very happy with it. The van handles like a car, has plenty of power and is comfortable. I really like the amount of space for the second row."

Like it very much except for minor design issues.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"I've enjoyed the van for 2 years; however, I am ready to own a smaller car because of my age. One thing I don't like is the small backup camera as I overlook it a good bit of the time because it is set way back in the dash and very small. The cup holders are too small for a large insulated mug and the divider for the 2 cups is too high for mug handles so the cup doesn't sit flat. The "jump seat" when used is lower than the 2 captain chairs so it really isn't convenient for seating 3 people."

Perfect replacement for my Highlander

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Back up moniter, room for my 6 ft 8 husband."

Cons: "visible antenna"

"We bought this minivan on my birthday for the extra space it afforded us. We are a family of 5 with a small dog we take with us when we go on long family trips. When I went grocery shopping and I was able to leave the back row usable I knew we had made the right choice in trading in our Highlander. My three children no longer accidentally hit cars next to us with the doors. I should also mention that my husband is 6 foot 8 and we are able to still use the seat directly behind him when he is in the car. I also love that there is an eco button; even though my husband laughs and says it is always on and it could just be a feel good light. My only complaints on this van are minimal and actually a little petty. My first complaint would have to be the antenna what kind of car has a visible antenna anymore? I also wish I had remembered to get the JBL speakers in the van, the music sounds much clearer with the JBL. We looked at so many the day we bought that I got some of them confused with each other; this explains the lack of JBL speakers and the blind spot monitor I thought ours had. I would recommend going with the Limited if you can, it actually has the most bang for your buck."

Outstanding AWD family vehicle

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "overall outstanding"

Cons: "Runflat tires. Occ'l bluetooth drops."

"We have a family of 6 and need AWD in the winter. Previous vehicles have been a Suburban Z71 and another van. We drove other top of the line SUVs and minivans, and the comfort, versatility and overall package of the Sienna beat them all hands down. We spent the extra money this time on the Limited- and although pricey (final price just under $50K), it is excellent and we are extremely happy with it for > 2 years. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior is outstanding, luxurious, the creature comforts for the passengers are unmatched. Things are where they "should" be- Storage, cupholders, seating comfort & adjustments, lots of power outlets for kids with "devices" (USB, 12V, and inverted AC) the premium rear DVD screen is large & everyone wants to ride with us. Things are where you would expect they should be and work. Very easy to drive, plenty of power, handling is great, feels wide open and more useable space by far than our SUVs. My 'complaints' are fairly trivial by comparison: the run-flat tires that are standard on the AWD wear out way too fast. The bluetooth connection between Iphones & the Sienna sometimes drops during calls. We would have preferred also have optional seating for 8 (like the removable middle seat in the FWD version of the Sienna), but this is not available in the AWD. Overall a 10."

Excellent travel car.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good on the road, good space"

Cons: "Bad navigation system, poor quality body."

"The navigation system is the poorest quality I have seen. The body and paint job is lacking compared to the 4 Camry's I have owned. Paint job chips easily and rust. I never has this problem with my other Toyotas."

Duped

By on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pros: "Got good deals because this was a last-year model"

Cons: "Ugly, poor build quality, horrible handling."

"I generally do not like minivans, but the family needs one. I decided to support the "home team" and buy the Sienna that was made in Indiana where I live. So far, the van has been to the dealer three times- two times for a sunroof leak, and once for the transmission that shifted like a cement mixer. The car was in the shop for four days. Aside from this inconvenience, the van handles poorly in wet weather and the fit and finish, especially in the interior is poor. I heard a horrible rattle that drove me nuts and I discovered it to be a spare tire not secured properly. I do not spend all of this $$$$ on a car to have to finish the jobs the people in the factory or dealer should be doing. Next time it is a Caravan or Town and Country."

The Sienna is great all around. I owned an Odyssey

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"I previously owned an Odyssey. The Odyssey was nothing but trouble. I don't know how they rate the Honda as high as the websites and magazines claim.I bought it originally because my research showed that it was better than the sienna. Mine needed 2 transmissions and the power steering would get hard to turn. The Sienna is super comfortable and has much better visibility. There is more room for the driver which is important to me. I can attest that the Sienna is the best minivan out there"

Not your Soccer Moms Minivan!!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Its tough to get excited about a minivan, until you drive the 2014 XLE. My business partner who drives a Jaguar said'" wow what an awesome looking car" The van has more than enough horsepower to accelerate quickly. Turning radius is very tight and never gives you the impression your navigating a boat. Fit and Finish is luxury level with the XLE trim. All seats are all leather, nice cheery wood trim in the cockpit. All controls are easy to use, Almost all adjusts are power, I .e. seats, sun roof lift gate Heated seats etc. Rear power section has independent digital climate control and stick shift has a "Manual Mode" with gearing 1-6 for steep hills, ice etc. Noise level is zero, ride comfort is living room experience. Driver info system does not require programming degree and is very helpful. We chose forest green metallic with light beige interior. cool rear roof spoiler Downside? Pricey at this trim level but if you can afford it you wont be sorry."

Terrific in inclement weather

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Best AWD minivan"

Cons: "no automatic lift rear gate"

"Perfect minivan for NH seasons. Fall wet leaves, snowy winters, muddy springs, and then there is room forall of the beach gear in the summer too"

Perfect vehicle for short and long trips!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Convenience (long-slide seats) comfort, cargo cap."

Cons: "3rd row headroom is low for a 6' tall man"

"Drives excellent, extremely comfortable, handles securely in all weather (including ice & snow). Tons of cargo capacity (carried an 8 foot Christmas tree inside with no problem, and also enough luggage (clothes and toys plus a travel crib) and personal belongings for a cross-country move with 5 people and a cat), major convenience - the long-sliding seats really let us customize the interior layout for different #'s of passengers and kids car seats. The fold-down screen for the DVD player doesn't block the rear-view, and the second row sunroof makes a really comfortable, open feeling cabin for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Our kid's friends and their parents are all saying they wish they had purchased one like ours instead of theirs. We have near Mercedes-Benz level luxury, the stability of a tank, and the practicality and ease of entry of this minivan, all for about $30k less than a luxury brand mid-size SUV. All in all, we couldn't be happier!"

Good Minivan

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"Overall, I consider this is a good Minivan. At 45000 left rear power door started to make sounds, like damaged bearing. Changed tires at 35000 Miles."

Amazing Build and Quality

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliability!! Smooth powerful V6, AWD in snow"

Cons: "Run flat tires only last 30K, bluetooth clunky"

"I have a 2011 XLE AWD model with about 68K miles. The reason my wife and I got the Sienna was it's the only minivan with AWD (at least it was in 2011). But I'm glad it was the choice since the van has been amazing. First off nothing has gone wrong with it in 4+ years. And I mean literally nothing. The only time it has ever been in for service has been for routine maintenance. It's a Toyota so that's not surprising. The kids are just about at the age when we no longer need a minivan. So in another year or so, it will probably be gone from the family, but most likely its replacement will be another Toyota. Nice smooth V6 engine and powerful too, merging onto a freeway is a piece of cake. Downsides: you need run flat tires, since there is no spare. Which is fine, but the tires tend to wear out much quicker than normal tires. Maybe it's just me, but the bluetooth is very clunky to use. Also, we didn't think about it when buying, but unless you get the factory tow package, towing capacity is only 1500 lbs, vs 3000 lbs with the to package. We wanted to get a tow hitch added but since it can only do 1500, it's not worth it."

Good mechanics, lot of glitches in comfort

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Good turning, gas, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible heater, too long to warm up."

"Good overall but has a horrible heating system. Takes forever to get even warm air. Toyota says thats the way they designed it. 4 times longer the get warm to hot air than any car I've owned. Rear window washer is not good either. Water is out of sync with washer blade. Car is comfortable and gets good milage for it's class.Mechanically it seems reliable."

Best mini-van for the money

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Looks, mileage, handling, space, seating"

Cons: "NONE"

"I tried them all before buying. None better then and I still feel the same."