2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,154 - $25,951.

10/7.9

8.4

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Mixed Feelings

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, folding seats, comfort, backup camera"

Cons: "MPG, interior quality, back seats, RATTLES"

"I have the 8-Passenger LE model. Though the Sienna has been extremely reliable for the 17k miles I have owned it, I have quite a few gripes. First, I have never seen the advertised fuel mileage under any driving conditions. I was a little concerned that it was not only rated at worse fuel economy than the Honda, but also the previous generation Sienna. Now that I am getting noticeably worse mileage than advertised, I am pretty upset. I typically only get 21-23 highway, and 16-17 city. I drove it all the way from Minnesota to Virginia this spring and didn't see the advertised 25mpg highway on a single tank. Best I have done is 23, and that is cruise set at 60mph on relatively flat ground for basically the entire tank. Second, the interior. While the interior is relatively attractive, I have found it to be of low quality. I have more squeaks and rattles in this thing than I had in the 2002 Buick LeSabre that it replaced. The dashboard rattles when it's cold, the upper glovebox rattles all the time, and the third row seat rattles so bad that I can't stand driving it with the third row seats up unless someone is sitting in them. Also, the upper glove box is difficult to close due to the cheap latching mechanism that is all the way to one side (seemingly so that the driver can reach it). Third, the middle row seats. The middle row has a somewhat strangely shaped seat back that, while comfortable for adults, is awkward for children. It kind of pushes their head down. There is also the big plastic thing that covers the track system between the middle seats. While I didn't think much of it when I purchased the vehicle, it does make getting into and out of the third row much more difficult unless you just step on it. There are a few good things. It does have an incredible amount of storage space inside, which makes it very flexible. You could legitimately drive 6 adults(including driver) to the airport with their luggage and not have a problem fitting everything/everyone. The seats are comfortable for adults in all rows(when the middle is appropriately positioned). The automatic climate control, bluetooth stereo, cruise control, and backup camera, are all very nice to use. It also drives fairly well. Plenty of power for on ramps and passing, the brakes are strong as well. One thing I found surprising was how tight the turning radius is. It really makes it incredibly easy to park. The only gripe I have about how it drives is that the steering is excessively light in my opinion. However, that is quite subjective, and others may prefer it. Overall, the Sienna has been reliable, drives nice, has lots of room, and plenty of power. However, the squeaks/rattles and poor fuel economy prevent me from recommending this. It really makes the thing feel like a very cheap utilitarian vehicle when you are driving it. I have driven the Odyssey and previous generation of Sienna, and neither of them suffers from this feeling of cheapness. My city beater, a 15 year old Honda Civic, seems to have a better constructed interior, and far fewer rattles. Very disappointed. Buy the Odyssey. It looks better, drives better, and gets better mileage. It may be slightly more expensive, but it is better than driving what feels like an upscaled Kia Rio."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

"This is a modified rear entry wheelchair van. Like new with only 2,000 miles. Still has new smell. It came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and power driver seat."

It has been a great car. Good pick-up.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"Our Sienna Limited had 8,000 miles on it when we got it. It was a program car so don't really know if there were problems when it was new. Bad gas mileage in town, around 14 mpg. Get around 22 on the road, that's at 75 - 80 mph, I'm in Texas. For what we paid, all the trim should be leather instead of plastic. Too much road noise, with new tires that supposed to cut down on road noise. Overall we like the van. The under floor storage of the rear seats is great, makes for a lot of room to haul stuff. The middle captains seats have a lot of travel from front to back. Lots of cup holders, 8 for the front seats. With a back-up camera and the outside mirrors tilting down when you put it in reverse makes backing up easy. It took some getting used to backing up since it is so big. Overall we are very satisfied with our van"

The Sienna is great all around. I owned an Odyssey

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"I previously owned an Odyssey. The Odyssey was nothing but trouble. I don't know how they rate the Honda as high as the websites and magazines claim.I bought it originally because my research showed that it was better than the sienna. Mine needed 2 transmissions and the power steering would get hard to turn. The Sienna is super comfortable and has much better visibility. There is more room for the driver which is important to me. I can attest that the Sienna is the best minivan out there"

Great Vehicle Except run flat tires

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Drives very well."

Cons: "Run free tires are a drawback."

"Vehicle is excellent. Run flat tires are a drawback. The tires can not be repaired. Replacement is very expensive (Approx. $1000). They are only good for 25000 miles. Frequent Alignment is required. No spare or space for one is provided so using standard tires is a drawback."

Smoothest, roomiest, family vacation/trips, I have

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "fair priced, safe and fun to drive. Room galore,"

"I have never had a smoother, quieter, ride. Trips to Disney, Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin with grand kids with plenty of room and quiet. extra after market accessories installed. i.e. remote start, mud flaps, pinstripes, Michelon tires, 3M protection on hood,mirrors, side body, and door guards."

Good Minivan

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"Overall, I consider this is a good Minivan. At 45000 left rear power door started to make sounds, like damaged bearing. Changed tires at 35000 Miles."

Excellent travel car.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good on the road, good space"

Cons: "Bad navigation system, poor quality body."

"The navigation system is the poorest quality I have seen. The body and paint job is lacking compared to the 4 Camry's I have owned. Paint job chips easily and rust. I never has this problem with my other Toyotas."

Quintessential Family car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, turning radius"

Cons: "Interior design"

"We bought the Sienna after our first kid and we enjoyed the space the car had to offer. We could make big family road trips with so much comfort. Ideal family van."

Engine troubled minivan

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving and handling are top of the line."

Cons: "Reliability is a great concern."

"With just 300 miles on my Sienna it has already been in for engine problems twice. After being in my garge only two days the entire oil content of the engine leak out on the floor. Car was towed to the dealership where the Toyota maintenance techs couldn't find a problem. The car's oil was topped off and I was then sent on my way home. To my un-surprise he next day the my minivan had created new pool of oil. On visit number two to the dealership it was determined the rear oil seal was leaking. This van has almost spent more time on tow trucks and maintenance racks as it has on the road. Other than the oil leak the Sienna drives great. Turning radius, power, and comfort are top of the line. The Sienna drives like a much smaller car."

Not your Soccer Moms Minivan!!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Its tough to get excited about a minivan, until you drive the 2014 XLE. My business partner who drives a Jaguar said'" wow what an awesome looking car" The van has more than enough horsepower to accelerate quickly. Turning radius is very tight and never gives you the impression your navigating a boat. Fit and Finish is luxury level with the XLE trim. All seats are all leather, nice cheery wood trim in the cockpit. All controls are easy to use, Almost all adjusts are power, I .e. seats, sun roof lift gate Heated seats etc. Rear power section has independent digital climate control and stick shift has a "Manual Mode" with gearing 1-6 for steep hills, ice etc. Noise level is zero, ride comfort is living room experience. Driver info system does not require programming degree and is very helpful. We chose forest green metallic with light beige interior. cool rear roof spoiler Downside? Pricey at this trim level but if you can afford it you wont be sorry."

Terrific in inclement weather

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Best AWD minivan"

Cons: "no automatic lift rear gate"

"Perfect minivan for NH seasons. Fall wet leaves, snowy winters, muddy springs, and then there is room forall of the beach gear in the summer too"

SE model is worth it

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, looks sharp in silver"

Cons: "drivers seat hurts my tail bone"

"You see a lot of Sienna vans out there, but there's something about the SE that catches ones eye. Much better looking than the base or LE model and even better looking than the flagship model. Leather trimmed seats let you breathe rather that sweat, the smoked head and tail lights the ground effects trim, What can I say... Its a good looking van. The coolest minivan out there."

Fun to drive for a minivan

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Reason: dissatisfied on reliability

Pros: "Fun to drive and room"

Cons: "Expensive repairs"

"We purchased the van new in fall 2010 and from the first winter we were not happy about the defrost. It seemed that the airflow was inadequate even though the dealership said it met factory specs. It would not clear and or keep the windshield clear in snow/cold weather. One day the sunroof button would need to be pressed many times to open/close. Eventually it quit working altogether and we took it to dealership. Told it would be around $1200. I was in shock and going to leave but they said there were some bulletins and took care of it:) As we started to look around at a new Toyota, in the spring of 2014, our van started making a noise. It grew worse and when we took it to dealership they informed us it was the "electro magnetic coupling" and it would be $1875 for fix. We traded it "as is" on a new Ram. We lost faith in Toyota's reliability reputation."

Perfect replacement for my Highlander

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Back up moniter, room for my 6 ft 8 husband."

Cons: "visible antenna"

"We bought this minivan on my birthday for the extra space it afforded us. We are a family of 5 with a small dog we take with us when we go on long family trips. When I went grocery shopping and I was able to leave the back row usable I knew we had made the right choice in trading in our Highlander. My three children no longer accidentally hit cars next to us with the doors. I should also mention that my husband is 6 foot 8 and we are able to still use the seat directly behind him when he is in the car. I also love that there is an eco button; even though my husband laughs and says it is always on and it could just be a feel good light. My only complaints on this van are minimal and actually a little petty. My first complaint would have to be the antenna what kind of car has a visible antenna anymore? I also wish I had remembered to get the JBL speakers in the van, the music sounds much clearer with the JBL. We looked at so many the day we bought that I got some of them confused with each other; this explains the lack of JBL speakers and the blind spot monitor I thought ours had. I would recommend going with the Limited if you can, it actually has the most bang for your buck."

Outstanding AWD family vehicle

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "overall outstanding"

Cons: "Runflat tires. Occ'l bluetooth drops."

"We have a family of 6 and need AWD in the winter. Previous vehicles have been a Suburban Z71 and another van. We drove other top of the line SUVs and minivans, and the comfort, versatility and overall package of the Sienna beat them all hands down. We spent the extra money this time on the Limited- and although pricey (final price just under $50K), it is excellent and we are extremely happy with it for > 2 years. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior is outstanding, luxurious, the creature comforts for the passengers are unmatched. Things are where they "should" be- Storage, cupholders, seating comfort & adjustments, lots of power outlets for kids with "devices" (USB, 12V, and inverted AC) the premium rear DVD screen is large & everyone wants to ride with us. Things are where you would expect they should be and work. Very easy to drive, plenty of power, handling is great, feels wide open and more useable space by far than our SUVs. My 'complaints' are fairly trivial by comparison: the run-flat tires that are standard on the AWD wear out way too fast. The bluetooth connection between Iphones & the Sienna sometimes drops during calls. We would have preferred also have optional seating for 8 (like the removable middle seat in the FWD version of the Sienna), but this is not available in the AWD. Overall a 10."

Love the way it drives

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to drive"

Cons: "Would like multiple CD player."

"This is my third Toyota. I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Very good van

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cons: "Alot of plastic finishes on interior"

"I'm not a minivan person however because my family expanded to7 we found ourselves purchasing a brand new Sienna, I really like this van it has served my family well over the last two and a half years. The big negative is that the majority of the finishes inside this vehicle are plastic that do scratch easily. And a few times the power door (on the drivers side only)wouldn't open by the power option. Over all though I would rate this van a 8/9 out of ten."

Said I would never drive a minivan but I love it!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "amazing car for a family of twins!"

Cons: "it seems to get dinged in parking lots a lot"

"I said I would never drive a minivan but now that I am a MoM to twins I don't know how I would ever live without it! The sliding doors on both sides made getting infant carriers in and out so much easier no matter how tight the parking spot - I have no idea how twin moms do without it - what if some jerk parks too close - how do you get two infant carriers into a car when you can't open a door wide enough? Also, we do a lot of road trips (about 350 miles) and I can stow the third row and then haul all of the stuff that goes along with twins easily! Double stroller whether tandem or side by side - no problem with back row seats up or down! I love the "emergency" 8th seat and that you don't have to have it up all the time! Can't say enough great stuff about the Sienna. Almost got the Town & Country (more bells and whistles, less $) but it doesn't get as good a reliability rating from Consumer Reports and as the hubby said when we were shopping for the minivan (after I admitted defeat, test drove one and decided this might be the perfect answer for us) he wants the most reliable and safe car around for his wife and babies to be driving in - he never wants us stuck on the side of the road for a preventable reason! Tried out the Honda Odyssey but didn't like how the front end was designed. Two years later I LOVE my Sienna!"

Like it very much except for minor design issues.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"I've enjoyed the van for 2 years; however, I am ready to own a smaller car because of my age. One thing I don't like is the small backup camera as I overlook it a good bit of the time because it is set way back in the dash and very small. The cup holders are too small for a large insulated mug and the divider for the 2 cups is too high for mug handles so the cup doesn't sit flat. The "jump seat" when used is lower than the 2 captain chairs so it really isn't convenient for seating 3 people."

Good mechanics, lot of glitches in comfort

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Good turning, gas, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible heater, too long to warm up."

"Good overall but has a horrible heating system. Takes forever to get even warm air. Toyota says thats the way they designed it. 4 times longer the get warm to hot air than any car I've owned. Rear window washer is not good either. Water is out of sync with washer blade. Car is comfortable and gets good milage for it's class.Mechanically it seems reliable."

I love my swagger wagon!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

"I love this vehicle! I have owned 2 other vans and this one just takes the cake! I love toyota!"

Excellent if you have 3 kids and a wife

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "smooth"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I have no regrets so far owning this car... almost 2 years and still going !"

dependable, very comfortable, snow no problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "great in snow, good power, dependable"

Cons: "no significant cons"

"Van is dependable, very comfortable, great in the winter, good amount of power - stereo is great"

Toyota just repainted it after 2 years of stalling

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "drives nice .good visibility,good seating"

Cons: "bad fit and finish,cheap materials,smelly ac"

"I own a 2011 sienna and it has just been repainted by Toyota. The seats squeak,the passengers seat behind the driver is stuck,the glove compartment hinge broke,and the interior keeps getting a very musty meldewy smell.I will never buy a Toyota product again.junk. the caravan may be troublesome sometimes but the cab and fit and finish is much better."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next