2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,010 - $25,849.

10/7.9

8.4

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Mixed Feelings

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, folding seats, comfort, backup camera"

Cons: "MPG, interior quality, back seats, RATTLES"

"I have the 8-Passenger LE model. Though the Sienna has been extremely reliable for the 17k miles I have owned it, I have quite a few gripes. First, I have never seen the advertised fuel mileage under any driving conditions. I was a little concerned that it was not only rated at worse fuel economy than the Honda, but also the previous generation Sienna. Now that I am getting noticeably worse mileage than advertised, I am pretty upset. I typically only get 21-23 highway, and 16-17 city. I drove it all the way from Minnesota to Virginia this spring and didn't see the advertised 25mpg highway on a single tank. Best I have done is 23, and that is cruise set at 60mph on relatively flat ground for basically the entire tank. Second, the interior. While the interior is relatively attractive, I have found it to be of low quality. I have more squeaks and rattles in this thing than I had in the 2002 Buick LeSabre that it replaced. The dashboard rattles when it's cold, the upper glovebox rattles all the time, and the third row seat rattles so bad that I can't stand driving it with the third row seats up unless someone is sitting in them. Also, the upper glove box is difficult to close due to the cheap latching mechanism that is all the way to one side (seemingly so that the driver can reach it). Third, the middle row seats. The middle row has a somewhat strangely shaped seat back that, while comfortable for adults, is awkward for children. It kind of pushes their head down. There is also the big plastic thing that covers the track system between the middle seats. While I didn't think much of it when I purchased the vehicle, it does make getting into and out of the third row much more difficult unless you just step on it. There are a few good things. It does have an incredible amount of storage space inside, which makes it very flexible. You could legitimately drive 6 adults(including driver) to the airport with their luggage and not have a problem fitting everything/everyone. The seats are comfortable for adults in all rows(when the middle is appropriately positioned). The automatic climate control, bluetooth stereo, cruise control, and backup camera, are all very nice to use. It also drives fairly well. Plenty of power for on ramps and passing, the brakes are strong as well. One thing I found surprising was how tight the turning radius is. It really makes it incredibly easy to park. The only gripe I have about how it drives is that the steering is excessively light in my opinion. However, that is quite subjective, and others may prefer it. Overall, the Sienna has been reliable, drives nice, has lots of room, and plenty of power. However, the squeaks/rattles and poor fuel economy prevent me from recommending this. It really makes the thing feel like a very cheap utilitarian vehicle when you are driving it. I have driven the Odyssey and previous generation of Sienna, and neither of them suffers from this feeling of cheapness. My city beater, a 15 year old Honda Civic, seems to have a better constructed interior, and far fewer rattles. Very disappointed. Buy the Odyssey. It looks better, drives better, and gets better mileage. It may be slightly more expensive, but it is better than driving what feels like an upscaled Kia Rio."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

"This is a modified rear entry wheelchair van. Like new with only 2,000 miles. Still has new smell. It came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and power driver seat."

It has been a great car. Good pick-up.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"Our Sienna Limited had 8,000 miles on it when we got it. It was a program car so don't really know if there were problems when it was new. Bad gas mileage in town, around 14 mpg. Get around 22 on the road, that's at 75 - 80 mph, I'm in Texas. For what we paid, all the trim should be leather instead of plastic. Too much road noise, with new tires that supposed to cut down on road noise. Overall we like the van. The under floor storage of the rear seats is great, makes for a lot of room to haul stuff. The middle captains seats have a lot of travel from front to back. Lots of cup holders, 8 for the front seats. With a back-up camera and the outside mirrors tilting down when you put it in reverse makes backing up easy. It took some getting used to backing up since it is so big. Overall we are very satisfied with our van"

The Sienna is great all around. I owned an Odyssey

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"I previously owned an Odyssey. The Odyssey was nothing but trouble. I don't know how they rate the Honda as high as the websites and magazines claim.I bought it originally because my research showed that it was better than the sienna. Mine needed 2 transmissions and the power steering would get hard to turn. The Sienna is super comfortable and has much better visibility. There is more room for the driver which is important to me. I can attest that the Sienna is the best minivan out there"

Great Vehicle Except run flat tires

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Drives very well."

Cons: "Run free tires are a drawback."

"Vehicle is excellent. Run flat tires are a drawback. The tires can not be repaired. Replacement is very expensive (Approx. $1000). They are only good for 25000 miles. Frequent Alignment is required. No spare or space for one is provided so using standard tires is a drawback."