2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,724 - $25,775.

10/7.9

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very good Minivan, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pros: "Space, reliability, quality."

Cons: "Fuel Economy"

"It has enough room for big families >5. High quality interior materials, impressive realiability."

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

Great van but not as nice as previous model

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and AWD"

Cons: "Plastic dash"

"I'm a long time Toyota customer. This is my second Sienna. I'm a sales rep so I'm in my vehicle a lot averaging about 35k miles a year. I feel as though the new Sienna interior is too plastic. The previous interior looked much nicer. I miss the double console compartment that was in my previous sienna. It had a shallow top compartment which also had a notepad holder. This upper compartment allowed me to find smaller things easier. I miss the dynamic cruise control with sonar and the electronic folding mirrors. My previous sienna was a XLE limited AWD, the new one is a XLE AWD model. But from what I've read it doesn't appear Toyota is offering the dynamic cruise control on the newer model. I do love the updated exterior and the AWD is a must in New England and is superb in the snow. I'm not a fan of the run flat tires especially because I'd have to replace them so often as they only get 25-30K miles on them and I found that if they do have any issues they go flat flat instantly, therefore there is no benefit in my opinion. So I opted to use regular tires and keep a plug kit in my vehicle. The car does drive very nice. I do enjoy the Bluetooth however I was unable to upload my contacts from my iPhone 4S. Apparently it's not compatible which is unfortunate since its such a popular phone. This vehicle is perfect for my job and is comfortable. I'd recommend it. Just not happy with some of the things missing and the plastic interior."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."