2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,173 - $25,963.

10/7.9

8.4

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Quintessential Family car

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, turning radius"

Cons: "Interior design"

"We bought the Sienna after our first kid and we enjoyed the space the car had to offer. We could make big family road trips with so much comfort. Ideal family van."

Engine troubled minivan

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving and handling are top of the line."

Cons: "Reliability is a great concern."

"With just 300 miles on my Sienna it has already been in for engine problems twice. After being in my garge only two days the entire oil content of the engine leak out on the floor. Car was towed to the dealership where the Toyota maintenance techs couldn't find a problem. The car's oil was topped off and I was then sent on my way home. To my un-surprise he next day the my minivan had created new pool of oil. On visit number two to the dealership it was determined the rear oil seal was leaking. This van has almost spent more time on tow trucks and maintenance racks as it has on the road. Other than the oil leak the Sienna drives great. Turning radius, power, and comfort are top of the line. The Sienna drives like a much smaller car."

Not your Soccer Moms Minivan!!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Its tough to get excited about a minivan, until you drive the 2014 XLE. My business partner who drives a Jaguar said'" wow what an awesome looking car" The van has more than enough horsepower to accelerate quickly. Turning radius is very tight and never gives you the impression your navigating a boat. Fit and Finish is luxury level with the XLE trim. All seats are all leather, nice cheery wood trim in the cockpit. All controls are easy to use, Almost all adjusts are power, I .e. seats, sun roof lift gate Heated seats etc. Rear power section has independent digital climate control and stick shift has a "Manual Mode" with gearing 1-6 for steep hills, ice etc. Noise level is zero, ride comfort is living room experience. Driver info system does not require programming degree and is very helpful. We chose forest green metallic with light beige interior. cool rear roof spoiler Downside? Pricey at this trim level but if you can afford it you wont be sorry."

Terrific in inclement weather

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Best AWD minivan"

Cons: "no automatic lift rear gate"

"Perfect minivan for NH seasons. Fall wet leaves, snowy winters, muddy springs, and then there is room forall of the beach gear in the summer too"

SE model is worth it

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, looks sharp in silver"

Cons: "drivers seat hurts my tail bone"

"You see a lot of Sienna vans out there, but there's something about the SE that catches ones eye. Much better looking than the base or LE model and even better looking than the flagship model. Leather trimmed seats let you breathe rather that sweat, the smoked head and tail lights the ground effects trim, What can I say... Its a good looking van. The coolest minivan out there."

Fun to drive for a minivan

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Reason: dissatisfied on reliability

Pros: "Fun to drive and room"

Cons: "Expensive repairs"

"We purchased the van new in fall 2010 and from the first winter we were not happy about the defrost. It seemed that the airflow was inadequate even though the dealership said it met factory specs. It would not clear and or keep the windshield clear in snow/cold weather. One day the sunroof button would need to be pressed many times to open/close. Eventually it quit working altogether and we took it to dealership. Told it would be around $1200. I was in shock and going to leave but they said there were some bulletins and took care of it:) As we started to look around at a new Toyota, in the spring of 2014, our van started making a noise. It grew worse and when we took it to dealership they informed us it was the "electro magnetic coupling" and it would be $1875 for fix. We traded it "as is" on a new Ram. We lost faith in Toyota's reliability reputation."

Perfect replacement for my Highlander

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Back up moniter, room for my 6 ft 8 husband."

Cons: "visible antenna"

"We bought this minivan on my birthday for the extra space it afforded us. We are a family of 5 with a small dog we take with us when we go on long family trips. When I went grocery shopping and I was able to leave the back row usable I knew we had made the right choice in trading in our Highlander. My three children no longer accidentally hit cars next to us with the doors. I should also mention that my husband is 6 foot 8 and we are able to still use the seat directly behind him when he is in the car. I also love that there is an eco button; even though my husband laughs and says it is always on and it could just be a feel good light. My only complaints on this van are minimal and actually a little petty. My first complaint would have to be the antenna what kind of car has a visible antenna anymore? I also wish I had remembered to get the JBL speakers in the van, the music sounds much clearer with the JBL. We looked at so many the day we bought that I got some of them confused with each other; this explains the lack of JBL speakers and the blind spot monitor I thought ours had. I would recommend going with the Limited if you can, it actually has the most bang for your buck."

Outstanding AWD family vehicle

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "overall outstanding"

Cons: "Runflat tires. Occ'l bluetooth drops."

"We have a family of 6 and need AWD in the winter. Previous vehicles have been a Suburban Z71 and another van. We drove other top of the line SUVs and minivans, and the comfort, versatility and overall package of the Sienna beat them all hands down. We spent the extra money this time on the Limited- and although pricey (final price just under $50K), it is excellent and we are extremely happy with it for > 2 years. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior is outstanding, luxurious, the creature comforts for the passengers are unmatched. Things are where they "should" be- Storage, cupholders, seating comfort & adjustments, lots of power outlets for kids with "devices" (USB, 12V, and inverted AC) the premium rear DVD screen is large & everyone wants to ride with us. Things are where you would expect they should be and work. Very easy to drive, plenty of power, handling is great, feels wide open and more useable space by far than our SUVs. My 'complaints' are fairly trivial by comparison: the run-flat tires that are standard on the AWD wear out way too fast. The bluetooth connection between Iphones & the Sienna sometimes drops during calls. We would have preferred also have optional seating for 8 (like the removable middle seat in the FWD version of the Sienna), but this is not available in the AWD. Overall a 10."

Love the way it drives

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to drive"

Cons: "Would like multiple CD player."

"This is my third Toyota. I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Very good van

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cons: "Alot of plastic finishes on interior"

"I'm not a minivan person however because my family expanded to7 we found ourselves purchasing a brand new Sienna, I really like this van it has served my family well over the last two and a half years. The big negative is that the majority of the finishes inside this vehicle are plastic that do scratch easily. And a few times the power door (on the drivers side only)wouldn't open by the power option. Over all though I would rate this van a 8/9 out of ten."

Said I would never drive a minivan but I love it!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "amazing car for a family of twins!"

Cons: "it seems to get dinged in parking lots a lot"

"I said I would never drive a minivan but now that I am a MoM to twins I don't know how I would ever live without it! The sliding doors on both sides made getting infant carriers in and out so much easier no matter how tight the parking spot - I have no idea how twin moms do without it - what if some jerk parks too close - how do you get two infant carriers into a car when you can't open a door wide enough? Also, we do a lot of road trips (about 350 miles) and I can stow the third row and then haul all of the stuff that goes along with twins easily! Double stroller whether tandem or side by side - no problem with back row seats up or down! I love the "emergency" 8th seat and that you don't have to have it up all the time! Can't say enough great stuff about the Sienna. Almost got the Town & Country (more bells and whistles, less $) but it doesn't get as good a reliability rating from Consumer Reports and as the hubby said when we were shopping for the minivan (after I admitted defeat, test drove one and decided this might be the perfect answer for us) he wants the most reliable and safe car around for his wife and babies to be driving in - he never wants us stuck on the side of the road for a preventable reason! Tried out the Honda Odyssey but didn't like how the front end was designed. Two years later I LOVE my Sienna!"

Like it very much except for minor design issues.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"I've enjoyed the van for 2 years; however, I am ready to own a smaller car because of my age. One thing I don't like is the small backup camera as I overlook it a good bit of the time because it is set way back in the dash and very small. The cup holders are too small for a large insulated mug and the divider for the 2 cups is too high for mug handles so the cup doesn't sit flat. The "jump seat" when used is lower than the 2 captain chairs so it really isn't convenient for seating 3 people."

Good mechanics, lot of glitches in comfort

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Good turning, gas, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible heater, too long to warm up."

"Good overall but has a horrible heating system. Takes forever to get even warm air. Toyota says thats the way they designed it. 4 times longer the get warm to hot air than any car I've owned. Rear window washer is not good either. Water is out of sync with washer blade. Car is comfortable and gets good milage for it's class.Mechanically it seems reliable."

I love my swagger wagon!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

"I love this vehicle! I have owned 2 other vans and this one just takes the cake! I love toyota!"

Excellent if you have 3 kids and a wife

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "smooth"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I have no regrets so far owning this car... almost 2 years and still going !"

dependable, very comfortable, snow no problem

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "great in snow, good power, dependable"

Cons: "no significant cons"

"Van is dependable, very comfortable, great in the winter, good amount of power - stereo is great"

Toyota just repainted it after 2 years of stalling

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "drives nice .good visibility,good seating"

Cons: "bad fit and finish,cheap materials,smelly ac"

"I own a 2011 sienna and it has just been repainted by Toyota. The seats squeak,the passengers seat behind the driver is stuck,the glove compartment hinge broke,and the interior keeps getting a very musty meldewy smell.I will never buy a Toyota product again.junk. the caravan may be troublesome sometimes but the cab and fit and finish is much better."

Best minivan I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Turning radius, smooth ride, quiet, quality"

"Smooth ride and plush interior. I owned 2 minivans before and this one is by far the best!"

v6 Passing power

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "v6 passing power"

Cons: "bigger tire size would be good"

"Bought a base v6 Sienna in 2012 for $25k out-the-door. Drove 16000 miles total, great driving experience specially the v6 passing power. Quiet, comfortable ride, quad chair, lots of space. Gas mileage 24 mpg combined. Dual AC great value. Won't go wrong with this van."

Best minivan made, better than the Odyssey

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

"Nice van."

Great AWD Minivan!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Good value, excellent resale, surprisingly peppy!"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't terrific, but it is as stated."

"This is my wife's car and she absolutely loves it. She has had multiple 4wd SUVs before this and she tells everyone that the Sienna is her favorite car that she's ever had. The AWD does great in the winter, especially paired with snow tires. Ride is smooth and very "car-like". Interior is nicely styled for our model, especially considering it is not one of the more expensive models. The 260hp 6-cyclinder gets the van up and going quickly and merging onto a highway or into traffic is no problem!"

Sienna SE is the best Minivanas of today

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Most of today's minivans satify the user's needs. But that still sets them apart due to many reasons. Here is the easiest review. Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are the two best minivans as of today. PERIOD. Others are just surviving due to lower pricing(Dodge/Chrysler) or Tech (Nissan Quest). For exterior looks, Sienna SE beats Odyssey by miles. It is also good looking than XLE or Limited. Coming to Drive/Handling, Sienna SE is exciting with sport tuned suspension and transmission. Odyssey is also good here. For tech features and equipments, Odyssey is better than Sienna. Seating is good on both Sienna and Odyssey. Configurations are slightly different. Please explore according to your taste. Odyssey has a better mileage than Sienna. Sienna has slightly bigger Cargo space than Odyssey. Sienna SE is priced lesser than Odyssey EX-L or Touring Overall winner is Sienna SE (Mix of both the worlds) !! Ranking (Overall with price included). This applies to 2014 model - 1. Sienna SE (with Navigation) 2. Odyssey Touring 3. Odyssey EX-L (with Navigation) 4. Sienna XLE 5. Odyssey Touring Elite 6. Sienna Limited"

Backup camara is trash and wind noise is very bad

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

"I have a 2011 XLE Toyota Sienna van, the wind and road noise is really bad. The backup camera is fuzzy and not clear at all. It is close to worthless. Dealerships say all the new are the same. As much as it cost, it should at least be better than a Ford. My daughter's Ford makes the Sienna's look really bad!"

Quality has gone down hill

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"We previously owned 2004 Sienna LE. Loved it, so when it was time to buy a new van we purchaed 2012 Sienna LE. Toyota has certainly cut corners, compared to our 2004. The sliding doors will have an unusual "pop" sound when you pull the handle to close the sliding doors. This does not happen all the time but you will definately hear the "pop". We have a noise coming from the passenger side door near the third row, it's a "knock" that we he when we brake or when we accelerate, again it does not happen all the time, however the noise does startle you, I first thought that someone had thrown something at the van, or we hit something. Interior has a "plastic" feel to it. We will NOT be purchasing a Sienna again."

A bad case of buyer's remorse

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "comfortable space for passengers and cargo"

Cons: "noisy, poor mileage, poor radio and camera / nav"

"I purchased my Sienna XLE AWD in late January 2013 and I now have 13,000+ miles on it. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with both the vehicle and Toyota’s response to one particular problem. The radio has a very bad echo which occurs on multiple stations but frequently on one particularly station, which just so happens to be my favorite station. It appears to be a reception related problem since I can duplicate it every time I drive certain routes. Understand that this is a local station, with very good reception, along the same routes, in every other vehicle I own, or have owned. I encountered the problem the first time I drove the vehicle and every time I drive the vehicle. The dealership has “worked” on the problem three separate times. The first two times, they told me they were able to duplicate the problem (on routes nowhere near my normal driving routes). Both times they “did some diagnostics” but were unable to fix the problem. We arranged for a third visit when they could have a Toyota district service rep available to review the problem. They kept the car for three days. At they end of the three days they told me that they had replaced the radio with a radio from another, new Sienna on their lot. It performed exactly as the original radio (with the echo). Therefore, they said, the radio was functioning as designed and there was nothing they could do to solve the problem. The dealership apologized but said that they had worked closely with Toyota and that it was Toyota’s decision. I open a claim with Toyota’s national hotline. I got a call from a very polite man who told me that he had investigated the problem. He gave me enough specifics (both specifics of the problem and the names of service personnel at the dealership) to satisfy me that he had indeed looked into it. His bottom line however, was that, although Toyota acknowledged there was a problem, the radio “was functioning as designed” and therefore they could (would) do nothing to correct it. Really?!?! I guess when you only pay $40,000+ for a vehicle, a working radio is too much to expect. I also asked the dealership (on my first checkup) to look into what I believed was extremely excessive road noise. They did look into it but before they even did so, they said it was most likely, you guessed it, functioning as designed. When I picked the car up after that appointment they told me that the noise level was “normal” for that vehicle due to a combination of wind noise from the design and road noise from the run-flat tires. That was disappointing to hear, but I understand a problem that can’t be fixed until the vehicle is redesigned. My third problem with the vehicle is with the GPS / backup camera screen. I did buy the GPS option, really to get a larger backup screen. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. The screen does not have a visor and the angle of the mounting often renders it useless in bright sunlight. In addition, the “upgrade” to the larger screen for the backup camera, does not include the projection lines for that camera screen, a very useful tool I see on virtually all backup screens on 2013 vehicles. Lastly, the gas mileage is terrible. I knew going in that, with the AWD, it wouldn’t be good but I was hoping for something close to the rating of 20 -21. The actual is 17 – 18. Poor performance in my opinion for a 2013. There are definitely the positives you expect from a mini van – comfortable room for seven people, lots of cargo room, etc. However, I am very disappointed with Toyota Corp. compared to the car company I enjoyed years ago as the maker of my Avalon. That was a great car and we got great service throughout the 212,000 miles we put on her. Unfortunately, Toyota Corp. has changed and this is the last one of their cars I will purchase."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next