2013 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,642 - $34,763.

10/8.0

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Fun to drive for a minivan

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Reason: dissatisfied on reliability

Pros: "Fun to drive and room"

Cons: "Expensive repairs"

"We purchased the van new in fall 2010 and from the first winter we were not happy about the defrost. It seemed that the airflow was inadequate even though the dealership said it met factory specs. It would not clear and or keep the windshield clear in snow/cold weather. One day the sunroof button would need to be pressed many times to open/close. Eventually it quit working altogether and we took it to dealership. Told it would be around $1200. I was in shock and going to leave but they said there were some bulletins and took care of it:) As we started to look around at a new Toyota, in the spring of 2014, our van started making a noise. It grew worse and when we took it to dealership they informed us it was the "electro magnetic coupling" and it would be $1875 for fix. We traded it "as is" on a new Ram. We lost faith in Toyota's reliability reputation."

Perfect replacement for my Highlander

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Back up moniter, room for my 6 ft 8 husband."

Cons: "visible antenna"

"We bought this minivan on my birthday for the extra space it afforded us. We are a family of 5 with a small dog we take with us when we go on long family trips. When I went grocery shopping and I was able to leave the back row usable I knew we had made the right choice in trading in our Highlander. My three children no longer accidentally hit cars next to us with the doors. I should also mention that my husband is 6 foot 8 and we are able to still use the seat directly behind him when he is in the car. I also love that there is an eco button; even though my husband laughs and says it is always on and it could just be a feel good light. My only complaints on this van are minimal and actually a little petty. My first complaint would have to be the antenna what kind of car has a visible antenna anymore? I also wish I had remembered to get the JBL speakers in the van, the music sounds much clearer with the JBL. We looked at so many the day we bought that I got some of them confused with each other; this explains the lack of JBL speakers and the blind spot monitor I thought ours had. I would recommend going with the Limited if you can, it actually has the most bang for your buck."

Outstanding AWD family vehicle

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "overall outstanding"

Cons: "Runflat tires. Occ'l bluetooth drops."

"We have a family of 6 and need AWD in the winter. Previous vehicles have been a Suburban Z71 and another van. We drove other top of the line SUVs and minivans, and the comfort, versatility and overall package of the Sienna beat them all hands down. We spent the extra money this time on the Limited- and although pricey (final price just under $50K), it is excellent and we are extremely happy with it for > 2 years. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior is outstanding, luxurious, the creature comforts for the passengers are unmatched. Things are where they "should" be- Storage, cupholders, seating comfort & adjustments, lots of power outlets for kids with "devices" (USB, 12V, and inverted AC) the premium rear DVD screen is large & everyone wants to ride with us. Things are where you would expect they should be and work. Very easy to drive, plenty of power, handling is great, feels wide open and more useable space by far than our SUVs. My 'complaints' are fairly trivial by comparison: the run-flat tires that are standard on the AWD wear out way too fast. The bluetooth connection between Iphones & the Sienna sometimes drops during calls. We would have preferred also have optional seating for 8 (like the removable middle seat in the FWD version of the Sienna), but this is not available in the AWD. Overall a 10."

Love the way it drives

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "A pleasure to drive"

Cons: "Would like multiple CD player."

"This is my third Toyota. I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Very good van

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cons: "Alot of plastic finishes on interior"

"I'm not a minivan person however because my family expanded to7 we found ourselves purchasing a brand new Sienna, I really like this van it has served my family well over the last two and a half years. The big negative is that the majority of the finishes inside this vehicle are plastic that do scratch easily. And a few times the power door (on the drivers side only)wouldn't open by the power option. Over all though I would rate this van a 8/9 out of ten."

Said I would never drive a minivan but I love it!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "amazing car for a family of twins!"

Cons: "it seems to get dinged in parking lots a lot"

"I said I would never drive a minivan but now that I am a MoM to twins I don't know how I would ever live without it! The sliding doors on both sides made getting infant carriers in and out so much easier no matter how tight the parking spot - I have no idea how twin moms do without it - what if some jerk parks too close - how do you get two infant carriers into a car when you can't open a door wide enough? Also, we do a lot of road trips (about 350 miles) and I can stow the third row and then haul all of the stuff that goes along with twins easily! Double stroller whether tandem or side by side - no problem with back row seats up or down! I love the "emergency" 8th seat and that you don't have to have it up all the time! Can't say enough great stuff about the Sienna. Almost got the Town & Country (more bells and whistles, less $) but it doesn't get as good a reliability rating from Consumer Reports and as the hubby said when we were shopping for the minivan (after I admitted defeat, test drove one and decided this might be the perfect answer for us) he wants the most reliable and safe car around for his wife and babies to be driving in - he never wants us stuck on the side of the road for a preventable reason! Tried out the Honda Odyssey but didn't like how the front end was designed. Two years later I LOVE my Sienna!"

Like it very much except for minor design issues.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"I've enjoyed the van for 2 years; however, I am ready to own a smaller car because of my age. One thing I don't like is the small backup camera as I overlook it a good bit of the time because it is set way back in the dash and very small. The cup holders are too small for a large insulated mug and the divider for the 2 cups is too high for mug handles so the cup doesn't sit flat. The "jump seat" when used is lower than the 2 captain chairs so it really isn't convenient for seating 3 people."

Good mechanics, lot of glitches in comfort

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Good turning, gas, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible heater, too long to warm up."

"Good overall but has a horrible heating system. Takes forever to get even warm air. Toyota says thats the way they designed it. 4 times longer the get warm to hot air than any car I've owned. Rear window washer is not good either. Water is out of sync with washer blade. Car is comfortable and gets good milage for it's class.Mechanically it seems reliable."

I love my swagger wagon!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

"I love this vehicle! I have owned 2 other vans and this one just takes the cake! I love toyota!"

Excellent if you have 3 kids and a wife

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "smooth"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I have no regrets so far owning this car... almost 2 years and still going !"