2013 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,763 - $25,568.

10/8.0

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

Interior lacks comfort and has design flaws.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Sienna drives good. plenty of power"

Cons: "uncomfortable middle and rear seats. Rattles"

"The middle and back row seats rattle in the legs and frame. I have owned the last three generations of Sienna, this new design is bad. I've been a Toyota owner since 1991. The drive-train and handling are great, but the interior seats are noisy and not very comfortable. I've taken this Sienna Van in to get the noisy rattles in the seats fixed four times now. There is no factory fix. Just empty promises from the Service department. I'm not happy."

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."

Love The Sienna!!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Nice handling, comfortable on long trips, roomy"

Cons: "Haven't found any cons yet."

"I bought the Sienna last year and I love it! I drove a Previa for 17 years w/out any major problems and it still worked the day I donated it to charity, so that is why I chose the Sienna. Prepare to be wowed! Due to the heavy snow in my area, I chosed the AWD model. The safety features are impressive. The ride is very comfortable and it handles well. The controls are great - - love the automatic sliding doors. There is plenty of leg room and the cabin is roomy and comfortable. The seats move around and self-stow, so a trip to the home store is a breeze. The only thing I regret is not getting the automatic rear door. I would recommend that option. So far, everything has been great and I am confident this van will last as long as the last one! Too bad American car companies can't replicate Toyota's engineering and quality."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."

Hands Down Great Minivan

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, great ride"

"I purchased 2012 Sienna XLE w/ entertainment package. All around this is a great minivan. I traded in a 2006 Jeep Commander and it's night and day. The overall comfort and smoothness of the Sienna is superb. The room for the kids in both 2nd and 3rd row is awesome and the entertainment package was a great option. The dvd is located up front so there is no hassle of loading dvd's, the split screen is great for the kids to watch their own movie. All and all I would be foolish not to say I will be a Sienna buyer from here on out."

v6 Passing power

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "v6 passing power"

Cons: "bigger tire size would be good"

"Bought a base v6 Sienna in 2012 for $25k out-the-door. Drove 16000 miles total, great driving experience specially the v6 passing power. Quiet, comfortable ride, quad chair, lots of space. Gas mileage 24 mpg combined. Dual AC great value. Won't go wrong with this van."

I love this minivan!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "drives great, great options, the room!"

Cons: "expensive new, but worth it!"

"What a great way to get extra space and still have luuxury! The Toyota minivan is the only minivan in the ISA that is sold with an All-Wheel-Drive option. It has so many luxurious options that make it wonderful. It is so great with kids. I would recommend this to anyone. I plan to keep mine for a very long time!"

Extremely happy - Limited AWD

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Driving"

Cons: "see above"

"Previous Lexus RX and Suburban owner now with 3 kids and the 'burban was somewhat impracticle. Hesitant to go with minivan but so happy with the decision. We feel it drives better than our previous RX330 - much quicker engine, more responsive handling. Run flats are a bit louder but may be why the car handles so well for a van. Turning radius is incredible and AWD has handled snow without a problem. Interior comfort is simply awesome and the seats have exceeded our comfort expectations. Would change the interior fake wood trim, move the radio closer to the driver and add headlamp washers to LMT AWD models."

Sienna

By on Saturday, October 02, 2010

"I am a loyal Ford Person. Unfortunately they have become too expensive and don't have an 8 passenger model. The Sienna is an eye opening experience. Wow. I love it."

Great AWD Minivan!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Good value, excellent resale, surprisingly peppy!"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't terrific, but it is as stated."

"This is my wife's car and she absolutely loves it. She has had multiple 4wd SUVs before this and she tells everyone that the Sienna is her favorite car that she's ever had. The AWD does great in the winter, especially paired with snow tires. Ride is smooth and very "car-like". Interior is nicely styled for our model, especially considering it is not one of the more expensive models. The 260hp 6-cyclinder gets the van up and going quickly and merging onto a highway or into traffic is no problem!"

other than interior noises ie. belts etc.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy for such a heavy vehicle"

Cons: "interior rattles"

"have driven it everywhere in all kinds of weather and find it very easy to drive."

Perfect Family Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"This is our third mini-van, after owning a Chrylser and a Honda, I will never own another mini-van other than a Toyota. the quality is just that much better, reliability is that much better, functionality and comfort is just that much better"

Sweet Swagger Wagon

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"We just came home from a 2000 mile road trip in the 2011 Sienna and it performed in an exempliary manner. The engine had plenty of passing power, it returned very good gas mileage {nearly 24 mpg overall}, and the driving and passenger comfort couldn't be any better. Despite the recent Consumer Reports review, I know that this is the BEST minivan on the road!"

Said I would never drive a minivan but I love it!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "amazing car for a family of twins!"

Cons: "it seems to get dinged in parking lots a lot"

"I said I would never drive a minivan but now that I am a MoM to twins I don't know how I would ever live without it! The sliding doors on both sides made getting infant carriers in and out so much easier no matter how tight the parking spot - I have no idea how twin moms do without it - what if some jerk parks too close - how do you get two infant carriers into a car when you can't open a door wide enough? Also, we do a lot of road trips (about 350 miles) and I can stow the third row and then haul all of the stuff that goes along with twins easily! Double stroller whether tandem or side by side - no problem with back row seats up or down! I love the "emergency" 8th seat and that you don't have to have it up all the time! Can't say enough great stuff about the Sienna. Almost got the Town & Country (more bells and whistles, less $) but it doesn't get as good a reliability rating from Consumer Reports and as the hubby said when we were shopping for the minivan (after I admitted defeat, test drove one and decided this might be the perfect answer for us) he wants the most reliable and safe car around for his wife and babies to be driving in - he never wants us stuck on the side of the road for a preventable reason! Tried out the Honda Odyssey but didn't like how the front end was designed. Two years later I LOVE my Sienna!"

Best Van Period

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "values, quality, features"

"After test drivng Honda Oddessy, Chrysler and a Ford Flex and Nissan Quest (recent test drive as this just came out) this was the best vehicle. After 8 months we still love this van to death. It is so spacious and so comfortable. I 'd wish to write more but just don't have the time. We spent so much time on research etc and this was the best value."

Quality has gone down hill

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"We previously owned 2004 Sienna LE. Loved it, so when it was time to buy a new van we purchaed 2012 Sienna LE. Toyota has certainly cut corners, compared to our 2004. The sliding doors will have an unusual "pop" sound when you pull the handle to close the sliding doors. This does not happen all the time but you will definately hear the "pop". We have a noise coming from the passenger side door near the third row, it's a "knock" that we he when we brake or when we accelerate, again it does not happen all the time, however the noise does startle you, I first thought that someone had thrown something at the van, or we hit something. Interior has a "plastic" feel to it. We will NOT be purchasing a Sienna again."

Very dissatisfied. Will not purchase again

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Very dissappointed with Van. Did horrible in snow and had to purchase winter tires within 1st two weeks of car purchase. Only 1 mfg of tires and were not available for some time. Cost $1500 for tires. Original tires did not last and within 2nd year had to purchase another set as well at $1500. Van has road noise and many rattles. Not well built and 2nd Toyota van that we have purchase and will not again. Last $40k toyota van the chrome rims rusted within 1st year and Corp did nothing. Not happy"

So much roooom!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Space, visibility, smooth drive"

Cons: "Tough to fit in garage, run flat tires"

"I own a 2008 Toyota Sienna and love it! I didn't want to get a minivan because of the "not cool" minivan image. I caved into taking a test drive at my wife's prodding expecting to have a dozen reasons why we shouldn't buy it. After the test drive I was sold hook line and sinker. The visibility is awesome and it drives so smoothly. I'm 6'7" and have plenty of room in the front seats. We have a family of 5 and go on camping and ski trips where we have so much room to pack everything we need. We have 67k miles without any problems. The only thing I really didn't like were the run flat tires. They would wear out twice as fast as normal tires and were twice the cost to replace. We ended up getting rid of the tires and bought four new ones but have to keep an actual tire in the trunk for the spare. Hopefully they got rid of the run flats on the newer models."

Proud Sienna Owner

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Only complaint is the cup holders on the ground when the 8th seat is removed. Hope they don't get ruined by foot traffic. Otherwise, I am in love with it so far."

Backup camara is trash and wind noise is very bad

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

"I have a 2011 XLE Toyota Sienna van, the wind and road noise is really bad. The backup camera is fuzzy and not clear at all. It is close to worthless. Dealerships say all the new are the same. As much as it cost, it should at least be better than a Ford. My daughter's Ford makes the Sienna's look really bad!"

Back two rows of seats badly designed for comfort

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Reason: Rattles, bad back seat design

Pros: "Sienna vans run great and drives good"

Cons: "Doors Rattles, Rear seats rattles."

"The Captain chairs in back are hard to get into. They tilt up to high for passengers to get into Van. Also, all the Seat Legs Rattles. The Toyota Dealer tried four times to stop the Rattles in both rear seats. The answer, "There is no fix". The said lots of customers are complaining about loud rattles in seats but there is no factory fix. So I was stuck with it? I traded my 2012 Sienna Van for a Honda Pilot. Not Happy With Toyota, I caught the Service Department in Lies."

Best Car ever owned, very spacious

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"This car is great for kids. Love this car, will never own anything else. Safe, large and fits the most kids out there."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next