2012 Toyota Sienna

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great minivan

By on Friday, January 15, 2016

Pros: "AWD"

Cons: "not easy to get to 3rd row seat"

"Responsive for minivan make it very easy to pass and love AWD in the winter time, decent gas mileage little above 20 m/g still good for AWD."

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Best Family Hauler

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"Smooth ride, good acceleration, quiet interior even at 85-90 mph. I get 26 mpg in straight highway driving going between 70-85 mph, with occasionally aggressive merging and lane changing over an 80 mile stretch, I imagine alot of V6 owners will be envious of that (especially the AWD owners). I find the engine very satisfactory and the suspension perfect even when hauling my four kids, wife and all our stuff. Interior is attractive and comfortable, lots of storage and head/foot room. The new 2011 design is eye catching and gets lots of attention where ever we go, it's really sporty."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

This vehicle drives like a luxury car it seems.

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great design, quiet ride, good and adequate power"

Cons: "tendency to bump gear shift knob"

"This past June we really loaded up this vehicle-had 5 adults, one infant and one toddler and one 10 year old plus their respective small luggages for a weekend trip. It was still comfortable to ride,the vehicle has a lot of places to put drinks, had comfortable leg room, had plenty of power for passing, it was quiet too. Liked the information on fuel consumption.Liked the sunshades and the second windows able to open halfway. Cons: tendency to bump the gear shift knob when one reaches for the radio knobs.Sound quality not that great."

Sienna SE is the best Minivanas of today

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Most of today's minivans satify the user's needs. But that still sets them apart due to many reasons. Here is the easiest review. Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are the two best minivans as of today. PERIOD. Others are just surviving due to lower pricing(Dodge/Chrysler) or Tech (Nissan Quest). For exterior looks, Sienna SE beats Odyssey by miles. It is also good looking than XLE or Limited. Coming to Drive/Handling, Sienna SE is exciting with sport tuned suspension and transmission. Odyssey is also good here. For tech features and equipments, Odyssey is better than Sienna. Seating is good on both Sienna and Odyssey. Configurations are slightly different. Please explore according to your taste. Odyssey has a better mileage than Sienna. Sienna has slightly bigger Cargo space than Odyssey. Sienna SE is priced lesser than Odyssey EX-L or Touring Overall winner is Sienna SE (Mix of both the worlds) !! Ranking (Overall with price included). This applies to 2014 model - 1. Sienna SE (with Navigation) 2. Odyssey Touring 3. Odyssey EX-L (with Navigation) 4. Sienna XLE 5. Odyssey Touring Elite 6. Sienna Limited"

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."