2012 Toyota Sienna

8.4

Based on 105 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Good overall.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Lots of passenger and luggage room."

Cons: "Removed some good features. See above."

"I have driven nothing but Toyotas for the past 40 years (Cressida's, Camry's and Sienna's) and will continue to drive Toyotas. However, I traded in a 2013 for this and found that they had removed some features which made the van unique and driver friendly. The 2013 had a removable center console for cleaning. Excellent especially for a mini van which is going to be used by people with small children. This was removed in the 2015. Bad idea. The van is longer. Was already long enough. Bad idea. Gas mileage was lower. Bad idea. Went from a multiple CD player to a single. Not everyone (especially mini van drivers) have plug in technology. Bad idea. When something is good....don't mess with it. I don't like my 2015 nearly as much as I enjoyed my 2013. That will not stop me from buying another Toyota."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable. Fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive."

"This minivan met all of my expectations. It is reliable and comfortable. I would not change anything about this vehicle."

drives nice--second row seats are very poor

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "poor second row seats"

"Seats for second row passengers are very difficult to get in to, and because the front of the seats are tilted up, do not sat well. I had a 2006 toyota van,and it had far more comfortable second row seats. I don't understand why the change,since this vehicile is eight years newer. I am considering looking at the a Honda van this spring.Very unhappy with this vehicile. Called toyota, but their seems to, be no way to cheange this mess. I am buying this vehicile through toyota.Also brakes are not as firm as my old van and have to much travel. Checked with dealer. I was told they are all like that."

Loaded, Spacious, and Comfortable

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "lots of space, good acceleration, nice design"

Cons: "heat does not warm up quickly"

"Great car. Great acceleration with the V6 engine. So convenient and comfortable for the entire family. I think it's an expensive vehicle but it has a nice design, inside and out so I guess you're paying for quality. The sportier SE model is pretty sharp looking. The trunk and the way it opens is fantastic and there's lots of space inside. LOTS! The rear camera is a nice touch but it's missing a sensor that beeps when you get close to something. Why Toyota failed to add this, I do not know. Dashboard design and stereo are great, it pumps out good quality audio - be sure to adjust the bass and treble. Overall, if you need comfort and space, this is a great family vehicle."

engine noise with rpms over 3k,rear of van low

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "confortable heavy ride. 27 MPG"

Cons: "Made in USA. Engine noise at 3k rpm"

"Great van, my last toyota has 425k and still runs.quality is good enough since is built in USA,but will not match Japanese quality. roomy and confortable, fun to drive and it fits the whole family. cruzes at 2100 rpm and gets 27 mpg on the highway,25 conbined.it has the 2.7 4 cyl and it can climb hills at 70mph,thats when the engine noise is noticeble because it downshifts end rpm raise to about 3700. My overall rating is 9.5 and strongly recomend any toyota vehicle"

Best Mini Van

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Transmission shifting, Touch Screen radio"

Cons: "None so far."

"I have owned two Chrysler Town and Country Mini Vans and thought they were great vehicles until I drove my new Sienna. What a difference. This vehicle rides better and I no longer have the noisy power steering pump that Chrysler says is normal. My steering wheel isn't shaking (shortly after purchase) from the defective rotors Chrysler likes to use. We have also started to have problems with the Chrysler vans after about 60,000 miles replacing coil packs on the engine and sliding door problems. I can't stress enough how much nicer the Toyota van is overall. The only thing Chrysler has is the stow and go but it's not worth having for the few times we used it. (All the seats in the floor.) The Sienna transmission is far superior. Can't even feel it when the transmission shifts. Our Chrysler vans would sometimes clunk and of course Chrysler would say that's normal. I do however miss my automatic high beams but that's a minor option to do without. If your torn between the two I would suggest the Toyota but if you get the Chrysler make sure you get the extended warranty for as long as you want to keep the van."

Perfect vehicle for short and long trips!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Convenience (long-slide seats) comfort, cargo cap."

Cons: "3rd row headroom is low for a 6' tall man"

"Drives excellent, extremely comfortable, handles securely in all weather (including ice & snow). Tons of cargo capacity (carried an 8 foot Christmas tree inside with no problem, and also enough luggage (clothes and toys plus a travel crib) and personal belongings for a cross-country move with 5 people and a cat), major convenience - the long-sliding seats really let us customize the interior layout for different #'s of passengers and kids car seats. The fold-down screen for the DVD player doesn't block the rear-view, and the second row sunroof makes a really comfortable, open feeling cabin for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Our kid's friends and their parents are all saying they wish they had purchased one like ours instead of theirs. We have near Mercedes-Benz level luxury, the stability of a tank, and the practicality and ease of entry of this minivan, all for about $30k less than a luxury brand mid-size SUV. All in all, we couldn't be happier!"

Great vehicle for a family and for traveling

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "ride comfort, fit and finish"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats on long trips"

"Toyota builds great cars but they are not exciting cars, You aren't going to get a thrill from driving a Toyota but you will get your moneys worth, but people are not ever going to say "Wow there goes a Toyota!" I would recommend this vehicle if you have a family to haul around. We bought it to travel and it steers really well and rides nice but the Japanese have a problem with comfortable seats. Your butt can get sore on long trips. If you are a big person don't buy this vehicle. Otherwise it is really a good choice."

This van is as comfortable as a living room.

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, room, reliability, value,"

Cons: "Back up camera."

"Full disclosure, I am a loyal Toyota vehicle, of one kind or another, owner for over 30 years. Although I am never likely to ever get a "great deal", I buy them primarily because they have proven to me to be so reliable, inexpensive to maintain and have an awesome resale value. I buy new and used. That being said, we purchased a new 2012 Toyota Sienna LE, 8 passenger, FW, for traveling to visit our children in New Jersey, DC and Chicago form Erie, Pa.. This van is so comfortable to drive over longs trips. The driver side more than accommodates my long legs. The front captain seats are extra wide. My wife always says she feels like she is sitting in our living room, as she crosses her legs while doing her nails during our trips. The middle 2 captain chairs area provide even more leg/living room. We have frequently used all 8 seats and no one seems to be cramped. The back cargo area, when we fold the 3rd row seats, unfortunately enables my wife's and my overpacking bad habit. It is huge. I do take constant and accurate mpg readings on our trips. We do get 24-25 mpg's all the time at around 72 mph. City is never more than 18 mpg, and often less. But what would you expect from driving a large vehicle from stop light to stop light. My only real complaint is that the rear view camera is not very useful for backing up. It's only purpose is to let the driver know there in no one or nothing behind you. I understand the camera in the 2015's is a true back up camera. Overall, this is an excellent van for room, comfort, reliability and value. BTW, for a minivan it also looks pretty sharp. Swagger Wagon!!"

Comfortable and voluminous interior

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "comfortably seats eight with plenty of hip and leg"

Cons: "Just 15 MPG in city driving"

"Had the most amount of trunk area after third row to fit a power wheelchair with a lift while all 8 chairs up.Was very comfortable on a week long 3000 mile trip as I am prone to sore back on other cars after couple of hours. Drives comfortably and noiselessly. Accelerates spiritedly considering the size. Windshield cracked around 27000 miles, possibly hit by road debris. Just had to replace it."