2011 Toyota Sienna

8.4

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

perfect large family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I have always been an SUV driver, but with 3 kids 5 and under, and the awful gas mileage the larger SUV's get, I switched to a mini-van when my twins were born. I had a Dodge Caravan for 6 months and hated every minute of it. It was just cheap, and uncomfortable. I debated between the Sienna and the Odyssey, and really only chose the Sienna because of AWD. It is amazing the storage this vehicle has even with the 3rd row in use (WAY, WAY more than my Yukon had), so easy for little kids to get in and out of, and is just all-around convenient. Buying a Limited also made it seem more comfortable to me - love all the options that make it still feel like a grown-up's vehicle, not just a parent's vehicle!"

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

Best Minivan out there - Toyota Sienna SE

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "great styling, Toyota quality and resale"

Cons: "19" rims have pricey V rated tires as the only option"

"I travel as representative for a manufacturer and have owned Dodge Caravan's, a new '04 Honda Odyssey EXL and a '07 Honda Odyssey Touring. The last Odyssey was not a good experience with quality and the APX tires were a nightmare. After owning a 4 Runner(Superb) and a '08 Sequoia, my company wanted me to drive a van again. Drove the Odyssey again, the new 4 Runner, then saw and loved the Sienna SE. Really nice looking for a van and well designed and put together. The SE model is unique with a sportier look and 19" wheels. This would be the only gripe is the handling is too sporty for highway vehicle and the power is unbelievable for a minivan. This would compete with my Sequoia with the 5.7ltr V8 381hp. Same engine and 6 spd tranny as my wifes new Venza AWD. The SE is a bargain at $35K and a great factory pkg with the moonroof and power sliders and hatch. Bluetooth works great and like the XM integrated stereo. New tires will be $235 ea for the 19" Michelin MXV4 V rated tires. These are too aggressive for a daily driver is the only thing I would change. Bought Toyota's bargain extended warranty with purchase to 125,000 miles, it's cheap they say as they know you won't have issues. Others complain on the plastic, but you get used to it's funky texture and it is durable and at least not shiney plastic, but soft feel and texture."

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"

Interior lacks comfort and has design flaws.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Sienna drives good. plenty of power"

Cons: "uncomfortable middle and rear seats. Rattles"

"The middle and back row seats rattle in the legs and frame. I have owned the last three generations of Sienna, this new design is bad. I've been a Toyota owner since 1991. The drive-train and handling are great, but the interior seats are noisy and not very comfortable. I've taken this Sienna Van in to get the noisy rattles in the seats fixed four times now. There is no factory fix. Just empty promises from the Service department. I'm not happy."