2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great van for family (2016 XLE FWD)

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pros: "Passenger and cargo space, adult-friendly 3rd row"

Cons: "Small brake pedal, front passenger leg room"

"We test drove Sienna, Odyssey, and Sedona back to back. We need an adult-friendly 3rd row, and the 3rd row in Sedona is relatively small and uncomfortable. We didn't like the camera on the right side in the Odyssey(EX-L), and preferred the blind spot monitoring system in the Sienna. Driving Dynamics: engine is strong, acceleration is quick enough for daily driving; ride is smooth and quiet; the Odyssey actually drives more like a sedan compared to Sienna, the Sienna just feels a little big behind the steering wheel. Interior: lots of room in all 3 rows; 2nd row can slide forward or backward on very long tracks, so you can negotiate room between 2nd and 3rd row; the middle seat in 2nd row can be removed and stored in the back without taking trunk space; 3rd row is a little firm compared to Odyssey, but seats are high on floor and you have good thigh support; front passenger leg room is less than Odyssey due to the big storage box mounting towards passenger's knee; after removing the middle seat in 2nd row, the cup holders underneath cannot be removed unless you remove the side passenger seat. Comfort & Convenience: we like the simple and easy layout on the dash in the Sienna; there are 2 screens and a lot more control buttons in Odyssey, it just looks busy and a little confusing; we also like the infotainment system in Sienna, you can customize the shortcuts and menus displayed on the LCD, and make a phone call by 1 touch on the LCD. Gas mileage: I'm averaging 19~20 mpg going to work in the morning, and 18~19 coming back home with heavier traffic(about 15 miles from home to work, city driving, 30 to 40 mph with some traffic lights) ; and I'm getting 24 to 26 mpg on highways."

The best minivan for 2014, AWD great in winter.

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Price was highest in range, that's Toyota!"

Cons: "Hard interior materials, needs better gas mileage."

"The only complaints I have, better interior materials; better gas mileage if 4 cyl turbo was used; and sportier handling package."

Best Minivan

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Excellent ride, it's like Lexus minivan version."

have to trade!

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Cons: "poor quality of seats not enough outlets"

"We bought this van with the intentions of keeping until it died..... except I cannot handle the neck and back pain caused when sitting in the seats. The 15 minute test drive did not reveal anything but after a half hour when I drove it off the lot, I was miserable. I have back issues so I am the only one in the family who suffers but I'm also the one who uses it the most. I am going back to a Chrysler van which we had before the sienna. I did not have any issues with a Chrysler. Alas"

perfect large family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I have always been an SUV driver, but with 3 kids 5 and under, and the awful gas mileage the larger SUV's get, I switched to a mini-van when my twins were born. I had a Dodge Caravan for 6 months and hated every minute of it. It was just cheap, and uncomfortable. I debated between the Sienna and the Odyssey, and really only chose the Sienna because of AWD. It is amazing the storage this vehicle has even with the 3rd row in use (WAY, WAY more than my Yukon had), so easy for little kids to get in and out of, and is just all-around convenient. Buying a Limited also made it seem more comfortable to me - love all the options that make it still feel like a grown-up's vehicle, not just a parent's vehicle!"