2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

This vehicle drives like a luxury car it seems.

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great design, quiet ride, good and adequate power"

Cons: "tendency to bump gear shift knob"

"This past June we really loaded up this vehicle-had 5 adults, one infant and one toddler and one 10 year old plus their respective small luggages for a weekend trip. It was still comfortable to ride,the vehicle has a lot of places to put drinks, had comfortable leg room, had plenty of power for passing, it was quiet too. Liked the information on fuel consumption.Liked the sunshades and the second windows able to open halfway. Cons: tendency to bump the gear shift knob when one reaches for the radio knobs.Sound quality not that great."

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"