2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Very Happy with Sienna

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Have had the van two months now and am very happy with it. The van handles like a car, has plenty of power and is comfortable. I really like the amount of space for the second row."

Like it very much except for minor design issues.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"I've enjoyed the van for 2 years; however, I am ready to own a smaller car because of my age. One thing I don't like is the small backup camera as I overlook it a good bit of the time because it is set way back in the dash and very small. The cup holders are too small for a large insulated mug and the divider for the 2 cups is too high for mug handles so the cup doesn't sit flat. The "jump seat" when used is lower than the 2 captain chairs so it really isn't convenient for seating 3 people."

Duped

By on Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pros: "Got good deals because this was a last-year model"

Cons: "Ugly, poor build quality, horrible handling."

"I generally do not like minivans, but the family needs one. I decided to support the "home team" and buy the Sienna that was made in Indiana where I live. So far, the van has been to the dealer three times- two times for a sunroof leak, and once for the transmission that shifted like a cement mixer. The car was in the shop for four days. Aside from this inconvenience, the van handles poorly in wet weather and the fit and finish, especially in the interior is poor. I heard a horrible rattle that drove me nuts and I discovered it to be a spare tire not secured properly. I do not spend all of this $$$$ on a car to have to finish the jobs the people in the factory or dealer should be doing. Next time it is a Caravan or Town and Country."

Very happy with this minivan

By on Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pros: "Smooth, quiet and comfortable ride. Convenient"

Cons: "middle seat in the 2nd row."

"I test drove Nissan Quest SL, Kia Sedona, Honda Odyssey EX-L and Toyota Sienna XLE 2015. Many people don't like Quest exterior design, but I don't have a problem with it. I actually like it. Nissan Quest interior is very nice, but the cargo space is less compare to competitors. I already had another car w/ CVT which has good fuel economy, so I don't want another car w/ CVT because it makes noise when you accelerate. I really like Kia Sedona with the new design. It looks like an SUV and very attractive. It seemed responsive on local streets, but when I drove on highway, it was lagging and sluggish. I was so disappointed because of it. I know it's a minivan, not a sport car, but I want it to be more responsive in case I want to pass. If the car was more responsive, it would be so hard for me to decide. I might end up getting it. So it came down to Odyssey and Sienna. It was a hard choice. Odyssey build was so thoughtful and convenient for family. It was quiet and comfortable. What turned me off was the infotainment system. It was complicated and confusing with 2 screens. Moreover, it was not intuitive. There is only 1 charger in the front row. If you count the USB, then you have 2 chargers. Sienna has 2 chargers + USB. Odyssey EX-L only gives me 2 sun shades for the 2nd row, but not for the 3rd row while Sienna gives me 4 sun shades for both 2nd and 3rd rows. Odyssey has the most space for 3 seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows while Sienna only has a small middle seat in the 2nd row which I think useless someone small like a kid 8-10 yr old when he/she doesn't need car seat or booster. The center info screen between the gauges in Odyssey is out of date while Sienna has more modern and high end screen. That's why I chose Sienna XLE FWD 2015. The van came w/ Premium package including Nav and sonar back up system. I kinda regret not getting AWD. Sienna exterior is kinda boring, but nice (not ugly). I love everything interior from the 2nd row forward. I don't like the 3rd row b/c it looks cheap, not as nice as the 3rd row in Odyssey. The van is smooth, quiet and very comfortable. Minimal road noise, some wind noise. It handles well to me. I don't expect it as a sport car. It has enough power. I have average 21-22 mpg w/ mixed local and highway driving. If I drive 90% highway, it can get above 25 mpg. I wish Sienna has LED light, better middle seat in the 2nd row, charger for 2nd row and finally better exterior design. Otherwise, no other complaint. I'm very happy w/ this minivan. I hope it won't give me any problem b/c it has very good reliability."

Perfect replacement for my Highlander

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Back up moniter, room for my 6 ft 8 husband."

Cons: "visible antenna"

"We bought this minivan on my birthday for the extra space it afforded us. We are a family of 5 with a small dog we take with us when we go on long family trips. When I went grocery shopping and I was able to leave the back row usable I knew we had made the right choice in trading in our Highlander. My three children no longer accidentally hit cars next to us with the doors. I should also mention that my husband is 6 foot 8 and we are able to still use the seat directly behind him when he is in the car. I also love that there is an eco button; even though my husband laughs and says it is always on and it could just be a feel good light. My only complaints on this van are minimal and actually a little petty. My first complaint would have to be the antenna what kind of car has a visible antenna anymore? I also wish I had remembered to get the JBL speakers in the van, the music sounds much clearer with the JBL. We looked at so many the day we bought that I got some of them confused with each other; this explains the lack of JBL speakers and the blind spot monitor I thought ours had. I would recommend going with the Limited if you can, it actually has the most bang for your buck."