2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great van for family (2016 XLE FWD)

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pros: "Passenger and cargo space, adult-friendly 3rd row"

Cons: "Small brake pedal, front passenger leg room"

"We test drove Sienna, Odyssey, and Sedona back to back. We need an adult-friendly 3rd row, and the 3rd row in Sedona is relatively small and uncomfortable. We didn't like the camera on the right side in the Odyssey(EX-L), and preferred the blind spot monitoring system in the Sienna. Driving Dynamics: engine is strong, acceleration is quick enough for daily driving; ride is smooth and quiet; the Odyssey actually drives more like a sedan compared to Sienna, the Sienna just feels a little big behind the steering wheel. Interior: lots of room in all 3 rows; 2nd row can slide forward or backward on very long tracks, so you can negotiate room between 2nd and 3rd row; the middle seat in 2nd row can be removed and stored in the back without taking trunk space; 3rd row is a little firm compared to Odyssey, but seats are high on floor and you have good thigh support; front passenger leg room is less than Odyssey due to the big storage box mounting towards passenger's knee; after removing the middle seat in 2nd row, the cup holders underneath cannot be removed unless you remove the side passenger seat. Comfort & Convenience: we like the simple and easy layout on the dash in the Sienna; there are 2 screens and a lot more control buttons in Odyssey, it just looks busy and a little confusing; we also like the infotainment system in Sienna, you can customize the shortcuts and menus displayed on the LCD, and make a phone call by 1 touch on the LCD. Gas mileage: I'm averaging 19~20 mpg going to work in the morning, and 18~19 coming back home with heavier traffic(about 15 miles from home to work, city driving, 30 to 40 mph with some traffic lights) ; and I'm getting 24 to 26 mpg on highways."

The best minivan for 2014, AWD great in winter.

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Price was highest in range, that's Toyota!"

Cons: "Hard interior materials, needs better gas mileage."

"The only complaints I have, better interior materials; better gas mileage if 4 cyl turbo was used; and sportier handling package."

Best Minivan

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Excellent ride, it's like Lexus minivan version."

Sienna will destroy tires, expect 10-20k miles

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Cons: "Eats tires, Toyota denies problem."

"Sienna, standard, not AWD. On our 4th set of tires at almost 50k. Alignment fine. The tires last about 10-20k before they all wear out. First set was at 8k and the dealer blamed the brand (Firestone), replaced with Goodyear which was good till 25k. Dealer required replacement with Goodyear again and we may make it to 50k. This is normal city driving on paved roads. Constant run around from the dealer. Tries to blame the tires, but we bought these new from the dealer and they chose the tires. This is a common problem for Siennas that the dealers will also say they never heard of so if you like the Sienna you should budget for a new set every 1-2 years."

perfect large family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I have always been an SUV driver, but with 3 kids 5 and under, and the awful gas mileage the larger SUV's get, I switched to a mini-van when my twins were born. I had a Dodge Caravan for 6 months and hated every minute of it. It was just cheap, and uncomfortable. I debated between the Sienna and the Odyssey, and really only chose the Sienna because of AWD. It is amazing the storage this vehicle has even with the 3rd row in use (WAY, WAY more than my Yukon had), so easy for little kids to get in and out of, and is just all-around convenient. Buying a Limited also made it seem more comfortable to me - love all the options that make it still feel like a grown-up's vehicle, not just a parent's vehicle!"

Beware if you are looking in to 2015 2016 Sienna

By on Sunday, July 24, 2016

Pros: "Nice design good safety features"

Cons: "Cheap interior materials and bad warranty"

Toyota have not fixed anything than compare to another stock and calls it normal.

"I was excited to purchase 2015 Sienna XLE based on a good reviews published along with new fresh interior design. WRONG! It is my bad decision that I should have done more internet research on "2015 2016 Sienna vibration or problems" before I bought the sienna but it's too late now. What others owners were saying are common and it is true. Toyota should disclose all the items what Toyota calls "Normal characteristic of the Vehicle" before the purchase not after the purchase if they can not satisfy the customers concern. Here are few items Toyota told me in writing that they are normal: Slider door window rattle with metal tapping noise when rolled down 3" going 20~30 mph, Engine vibration following traffic up hill at 10 to 15 mph, Transmission kick shifting from Reverse to Neutral and cheap wavy interior in a $37K van. I only had the van for 6 months and already had transmission replaced under warranty at 5K for slipping. I have other concerns that have not been solved since the day I bought the car. Toyota have not looked in to the cause of the problem just compared to another vehicle and calls it "Normal Characteristic of the vehicle". What kind of warranty is that? What about the car that didn't have the same problem NOT NORMAL? I bought it with confident because of name "TOYOTA" but what happen? Hope you make the right decision on your purchase."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Best Family Hauler

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Smooth ride, good acceleration, quiet interior even at 85-90 mph. I get 26 mpg in straight highway driving going between 70-85 mph, with occasionally aggressive merging and lane changing over an 80 mile stretch, I imagine alot of V6 owners will be envious of that (especially the AWD owners). I find the engine very satisfactory and the suspension perfect even when hauling my four kids, wife and all our stuff. Interior is attractive and comfortable, lots of storage and head/foot room. The new 2011 design is eye catching and gets lots of attention where ever we go, it's really sporty."

Sienna SE is the best Minivanas of today

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Most of today's minivans satify the user's needs. But that still sets them apart due to many reasons. Here is the easiest review. Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are the two best minivans as of today. PERIOD. Others are just surviving due to lower pricing(Dodge/Chrysler) or Tech (Nissan Quest). For exterior looks, Sienna SE beats Odyssey by miles. It is also good looking than XLE or Limited. Coming to Drive/Handling, Sienna SE is exciting with sport tuned suspension and transmission. Odyssey is also good here. For tech features and equipments, Odyssey is better than Sienna. Seating is good on both Sienna and Odyssey. Configurations are slightly different. Please explore according to your taste. Odyssey has a better mileage than Sienna. Sienna has slightly bigger Cargo space than Odyssey. Sienna SE is priced lesser than Odyssey EX-L or Touring Overall winner is Sienna SE (Mix of both the worlds) !! Ranking (Overall with price included). This applies to 2014 model - 1. Sienna SE (with Navigation) 2. Odyssey Touring 3. Odyssey EX-L (with Navigation) 4. Sienna XLE 5. Odyssey Touring Elite 6. Sienna Limited"

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."