2011 Toyota Sienna

8.4

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love my swagger wagon!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

"I love this vehicle! I have owned 2 other vans and this one just takes the cake! I love toyota!"

Best minivan I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Turning radius, smooth ride, quiet, quality"

"Smooth ride and plush interior. I owned 2 minivans before and this one is by far the best!"

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

It only gets better!

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"I owned a 2005 Sienna LE for 6 years, 109,000 miles. Never had a serious problem. The 2011 LE had many great options added, backup camera, Sirius radio, Blue Tooth, Window shades, Power Driver's seat and Alloy Wheels which make it a dream to drive and ride in. The CONS are: not being able to remove the middle seat base. manual rear vent windows replace the power ones (now power only in XLE and Limited) and some handy storage removed in the front doors. It's a trade off for a bigger glove compartment and a stationary console with storage. They placed a small (3" x 3") storage hole just above the 12V outlet. Not sure what the idea was there. Cell phones fall out. Lots of cup holders, but door storage has lower sides with no bottle holders in front doors. Hp was increased by about 30hp, and you can feel the increase, but at the sacrifice of some MPG. I didn't see any need for it. The "ECO" mode tells you when you are driving while using minimum gas. Big Waste! The CONS are minor while the new additions are major. Not a bad trade off. All in all, the 2011 Sienna redesign is refreshing & exciting. It feels roomier, handles great and fuel MPG is still acceptable with 20mpg average. There is no reason to buy a SUV with Sienna around. I put snows on mine and drove through snow storms when 4-wheelers were crashing and spinning out of control. I found the Sienna much more comfortable than most SUVs, with plenty of head & leg room for 6 -7 people."

Interior lacks comfort and has design flaws.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Sienna drives good. plenty of power"

Cons: "uncomfortable middle and rear seats. Rattles"

"The middle and back row seats rattle in the legs and frame. I have owned the last three generations of Sienna, this new design is bad. I've been a Toyota owner since 1991. The drive-train and handling are great, but the interior seats are noisy and not very comfortable. I've taken this Sienna Van in to get the noisy rattles in the seats fixed four times now. There is no factory fix. Just empty promises from the Service department. I'm not happy."

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."

Great van but not as nice as previous model

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and AWD"

Cons: "Plastic dash"

"I'm a long time Toyota customer. This is my second Sienna. I'm a sales rep so I'm in my vehicle a lot averaging about 35k miles a year. I feel as though the new Sienna interior is too plastic. The previous interior looked much nicer. I miss the double console compartment that was in my previous sienna. It had a shallow top compartment which also had a notepad holder. This upper compartment allowed me to find smaller things easier. I miss the dynamic cruise control with sonar and the electronic folding mirrors. My previous sienna was a XLE limited AWD, the new one is a XLE AWD model. But from what I've read it doesn't appear Toyota is offering the dynamic cruise control on the newer model. I do love the updated exterior and the AWD is a must in New England and is superb in the snow. I'm not a fan of the run flat tires especially because I'd have to replace them so often as they only get 25-30K miles on them and I found that if they do have any issues they go flat flat instantly, therefore there is no benefit in my opinion. So I opted to use regular tires and keep a plug kit in my vehicle. The car does drive very nice. I do enjoy the Bluetooth however I was unable to upload my contacts from my iPhone 4S. Apparently it's not compatible which is unfortunate since its such a popular phone. This vehicle is perfect for my job and is comfortable. I'd recommend it. Just not happy with some of the things missing and the plastic interior."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Sienna SE is the best Minivanas of today

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Most of today's minivans satify the user's needs. But that still sets them apart due to many reasons. Here is the easiest review. Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are the two best minivans as of today. PERIOD. Others are just surviving due to lower pricing(Dodge/Chrysler) or Tech (Nissan Quest). For exterior looks, Sienna SE beats Odyssey by miles. It is also good looking than XLE or Limited. Coming to Drive/Handling, Sienna SE is exciting with sport tuned suspension and transmission. Odyssey is also good here. For tech features and equipments, Odyssey is better than Sienna. Seating is good on both Sienna and Odyssey. Configurations are slightly different. Please explore according to your taste. Odyssey has a better mileage than Sienna. Sienna has slightly bigger Cargo space than Odyssey. Sienna SE is priced lesser than Odyssey EX-L or Touring Overall winner is Sienna SE (Mix of both the worlds) !! Ranking (Overall with price included). This applies to 2014 model - 1. Sienna SE (with Navigation) 2. Odyssey Touring 3. Odyssey EX-L (with Navigation) 4. Sienna XLE 5. Odyssey Touring Elite 6. Sienna Limited"

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."

Best Family Hauler

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"Smooth ride, good acceleration, quiet interior even at 85-90 mph. I get 26 mpg in straight highway driving going between 70-85 mph, with occasionally aggressive merging and lane changing over an 80 mile stretch, I imagine alot of V6 owners will be envious of that (especially the AWD owners). I find the engine very satisfactory and the suspension perfect even when hauling my four kids, wife and all our stuff. Interior is attractive and comfortable, lots of storage and head/foot room. The new 2011 design is eye catching and gets lots of attention where ever we go, it's really sporty."

This vehicle drives like a luxury car it seems.

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great design, quiet ride, good and adequate power"

Cons: "tendency to bump gear shift knob"

"This past June we really loaded up this vehicle-had 5 adults, one infant and one toddler and one 10 year old plus their respective small luggages for a weekend trip. It was still comfortable to ride,the vehicle has a lot of places to put drinks, had comfortable leg room, had plenty of power for passing, it was quiet too. Liked the information on fuel consumption.Liked the sunshades and the second windows able to open halfway. Cons: tendency to bump the gear shift knob when one reaches for the radio knobs.Sound quality not that great."

v6 Passing power

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "v6 passing power"

Cons: "bigger tire size would be good"

"Bought a base v6 Sienna in 2012 for $25k out-the-door. Drove 16000 miles total, great driving experience specially the v6 passing power. Quiet, comfortable ride, quad chair, lots of space. Gas mileage 24 mpg combined. Dual AC great value. Won't go wrong with this van."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"

perfect large family vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I have always been an SUV driver, but with 3 kids 5 and under, and the awful gas mileage the larger SUV's get, I switched to a mini-van when my twins were born. I had a Dodge Caravan for 6 months and hated every minute of it. It was just cheap, and uncomfortable. I debated between the Sienna and the Odyssey, and really only chose the Sienna because of AWD. It is amazing the storage this vehicle has even with the 3rd row in use (WAY, WAY more than my Yukon had), so easy for little kids to get in and out of, and is just all-around convenient. Buying a Limited also made it seem more comfortable to me - love all the options that make it still feel like a grown-up's vehicle, not just a parent's vehicle!"

Best Minivan out there - Toyota Sienna SE

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "great styling, Toyota quality and resale"

Cons: "19" rims have pricey V rated tires as the only option"

"I travel as representative for a manufacturer and have owned Dodge Caravan's, a new '04 Honda Odyssey EXL and a '07 Honda Odyssey Touring. The last Odyssey was not a good experience with quality and the APX tires were a nightmare. After owning a 4 Runner(Superb) and a '08 Sequoia, my company wanted me to drive a van again. Drove the Odyssey again, the new 4 Runner, then saw and loved the Sienna SE. Really nice looking for a van and well designed and put together. The SE model is unique with a sportier look and 19" wheels. This would be the only gripe is the handling is too sporty for highway vehicle and the power is unbelievable for a minivan. This would compete with my Sequoia with the 5.7ltr V8 381hp. Same engine and 6 spd tranny as my wifes new Venza AWD. The SE is a bargain at $35K and a great factory pkg with the moonroof and power sliders and hatch. Bluetooth works great and like the XM integrated stereo. New tires will be $235 ea for the 19" Michelin MXV4 V rated tires. These are too aggressive for a daily driver is the only thing I would change. Bought Toyota's bargain extended warranty with purchase to 125,000 miles, it's cheap they say as they know you won't have issues. Others complain on the plastic, but you get used to it's funky texture and it is durable and at least not shiney plastic, but soft feel and texture."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

"This is a modified rear entry wheelchair van. Like new with only 2,000 miles. Still has new smell. It came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and power driver seat."

SE model is worth it

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, looks sharp in silver"

Cons: "drivers seat hurts my tail bone"

"You see a lot of Sienna vans out there, but there's something about the SE that catches ones eye. Much better looking than the base or LE model and even better looking than the flagship model. Leather trimmed seats let you breathe rather that sweat, the smoked head and tail lights the ground effects trim, What can I say... Its a good looking van. The coolest minivan out there."

Said I would never drive a minivan but I love it!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "amazing car for a family of twins!"

Cons: "it seems to get dinged in parking lots a lot"

"I said I would never drive a minivan but now that I am a MoM to twins I don't know how I would ever live without it! The sliding doors on both sides made getting infant carriers in and out so much easier no matter how tight the parking spot - I have no idea how twin moms do without it - what if some jerk parks too close - how do you get two infant carriers into a car when you can't open a door wide enough? Also, we do a lot of road trips (about 350 miles) and I can stow the third row and then haul all of the stuff that goes along with twins easily! Double stroller whether tandem or side by side - no problem with back row seats up or down! I love the "emergency" 8th seat and that you don't have to have it up all the time! Can't say enough great stuff about the Sienna. Almost got the Town & Country (more bells and whistles, less $) but it doesn't get as good a reliability rating from Consumer Reports and as the hubby said when we were shopping for the minivan (after I admitted defeat, test drove one and decided this might be the perfect answer for us) he wants the most reliable and safe car around for his wife and babies to be driving in - he never wants us stuck on the side of the road for a preventable reason! Tried out the Honda Odyssey but didn't like how the front end was designed. Two years later I LOVE my Sienna!"

Great AWD Minivan!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Good value, excellent resale, surprisingly peppy!"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't terrific, but it is as stated."

"This is my wife's car and she absolutely loves it. She has had multiple 4wd SUVs before this and she tells everyone that the Sienna is her favorite car that she's ever had. The AWD does great in the winter, especially paired with snow tires. Ride is smooth and very "car-like". Interior is nicely styled for our model, especially considering it is not one of the more expensive models. The 260hp 6-cyclinder gets the van up and going quickly and merging onto a highway or into traffic is no problem!"

other than interior noises ie. belts etc.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy for such a heavy vehicle"

Cons: "interior rattles"

"have driven it everywhere in all kinds of weather and find it very easy to drive."

I love my van!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great looking, easy to drive, roomy"

Cons: "cant think of anything significant"

"This is the second Toyota van I have owned and the 7th Toyota vehicle. My husband and I are loyal to the brand because the quality and performance have never let us down. We don't buy the top of the line model because I just don't use all the features. I currently have the LE model which came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and a power driver seat, along with other minor perks. The body style of this van is very nice and sporty compared to the '06 model I had which "looked" and "felt" more like a van. The handling and pickup are both superb, I was surprised the first time I drove it how much it handled like my Camry XLE. The only reason I didn't rate it 5/5 is because I do think they are a little pricey compared to some of the other manufacturers out there who offer more options as standard features. However I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and I would rather pay for quality and dependability and not be stranded on the side of the road with a lot of nice but unused features."

Perfect Family Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"This is our third mini-van, after owning a Chrylser and a Honda, I will never own another mini-van other than a Toyota. the quality is just that much better, reliability is that much better, functionality and comfort is just that much better"

Love The Sienna!!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Nice handling, comfortable on long trips, roomy"

Cons: "Haven't found any cons yet."

"I bought the Sienna last year and I love it! I drove a Previa for 17 years w/out any major problems and it still worked the day I donated it to charity, so that is why I chose the Sienna. Prepare to be wowed! Due to the heavy snow in my area, I chosed the AWD model. The safety features are impressive. The ride is very comfortable and it handles well. The controls are great - - love the automatic sliding doors. There is plenty of leg room and the cabin is roomy and comfortable. The seats move around and self-stow, so a trip to the home store is a breeze. The only thing I regret is not getting the automatic rear door. I would recommend that option. So far, everything has been great and I am confident this van will last as long as the last one! Too bad American car companies can't replicate Toyota's engineering and quality."