2011 Toyota Sienna

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

Great van but not as nice as previous model

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and AWD"

Cons: "Plastic dash"

"I'm a long time Toyota customer. This is my second Sienna. I'm a sales rep so I'm in my vehicle a lot averaging about 35k miles a year. I feel as though the new Sienna interior is too plastic. The previous interior looked much nicer. I miss the double console compartment that was in my previous sienna. It had a shallow top compartment which also had a notepad holder. This upper compartment allowed me to find smaller things easier. I miss the dynamic cruise control with sonar and the electronic folding mirrors. My previous sienna was a XLE limited AWD, the new one is a XLE AWD model. But from what I've read it doesn't appear Toyota is offering the dynamic cruise control on the newer model. I do love the updated exterior and the AWD is a must in New England and is superb in the snow. I'm not a fan of the run flat tires especially because I'd have to replace them so often as they only get 25-30K miles on them and I found that if they do have any issues they go flat flat instantly, therefore there is no benefit in my opinion. So I opted to use regular tires and keep a plug kit in my vehicle. The car does drive very nice. I do enjoy the Bluetooth however I was unable to upload my contacts from my iPhone 4S. Apparently it's not compatible which is unfortunate since its such a popular phone. This vehicle is perfect for my job and is comfortable. I'd recommend it. Just not happy with some of the things missing and the plastic interior."

v6 Passing power

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "v6 passing power"

Cons: "bigger tire size would be good"

"Bought a base v6 Sienna in 2012 for $25k out-the-door. Drove 16000 miles total, great driving experience specially the v6 passing power. Quiet, comfortable ride, quad chair, lots of space. Gas mileage 24 mpg combined. Dual AC great value. Won't go wrong with this van."

Great highway vehicle

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and smooth handling."

Cons: "Poor city mileage and 3rd row seat access."

"Very comfortable in every respect. One concern is low city mileage, around 13-15 (V-6)and that's taking it easy. Another concern is poor 3rd row seat access. Difficult for adults to get in and out. Four gull wing type doors would solve that issue."

Interior lacks comfort and has design flaws.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Sienna drives good. plenty of power"

Cons: "uncomfortable middle and rear seats. Rattles"

"The middle and back row seats rattle in the legs and frame. I have owned the last three generations of Sienna, this new design is bad. I've been a Toyota owner since 1991. The drive-train and handling are great, but the interior seats are noisy and not very comfortable. I've taken this Sienna Van in to get the noisy rattles in the seats fixed four times now. There is no factory fix. Just empty promises from the Service department. I'm not happy."