2010 Toyota Sienna

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Hasn't left me stranded yet....2005 Sienna XLE AWD

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, love the AWD feature"

Cons: "Sliding door issues - Big safety concern"

"LOVED (past tense) this van when I initially purchased it. Except now the passenger sliding door has failed. Cable got stuck in the wheel. When you google this issue there are TONS of people with the same problem, but I only found this out when I encountered this issue myself. There is now even a Facebook page dedicated to this defect in the Sienna (cable failure in sliding door). The door will not open or close, not even manually. I had to drive home with my door wide open. My husband eventually cut the cable, per other owners advice, and now I can close the door manually. The cost to repair is around $1,600. I am keeping a wire cutter in my car in case it happens to the other side. Spoke w/ Toyota and the dealership and both deny that this is an issue. Basically neither was able to explain why the door doesn't have an override feature to allow me to manually close the door. Sure paid enough for this vehicle for something so simple to go wrong."

Good, solid vehicle

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"Great van, very comfortable. I have a 2004 with close to 47,000 miles on it now. The only issues have been a failed window motor and a coolant sensor, both replaced under warranty. Beware the gas mileage though. We have averaged 17.7 MPG since new in mixed highway and suburban driving. It will get 25-26 MPG if you keep it around 60-65 MPH on the highway, but we usually do around 70-75 on the interstates and mileage then drops to 22-23 MPG. The best replacement for the original tires, which wear quickly, are the Yokohama's, a steal at around $100 each installed and rated for 80,000 miles."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"We needed an 8 passenger vehicle, and were limited to this and the Honda Odyssy. Our local Honda dealership did not have any instock at the time we were looking so we only tried the Sienna. We absolutely love it. The only things I would change is the back up sensors. I hate them. They go off randomly as far as I can tell. They beep frequently when pulling out of the garage as they can sense the door frame on the sides, as if I didn't know. Then I can back almost into the fence behind my house and it doesn't go off, but it will again when the driveway dips a bit, hate it, I override it automatically now. Hit reverse, hit override. The other thing I would change about mine is it only has one power door, I would prefer to have both rear doors powered as well as the rear door. We can fit three carseats in the rear bench seat, which was the selling point for us. Ours has anchors in all but one position in the rear, The seats fold up easily for cleaning, and plenty of drink holders in the back as well as the front. The middle seats don't have access to enough cup holders, but each door has a bottle holder which is fine for the older kids. I've ridden a couple of times in the middle and rear and there is plenty of room for an adult in each case, although it would probably not be good for longer trips, but airport runs are fine. Anyway, love it. We bought new so all repairs have been covered under the warranty. The only overnight stay at the service department was for a broken fuel pump."

Frustrasting poor quality

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Great ride and power, plenty of room, love the folding rear seats, excellent on long drives. No engine probems after 65K miles. After only 40K miles we had to have the driver and passenger front doors re-welded and repaired at a cost of over $1000. The passenger front window has also failed and the repair estimate is $1400. These are *very* basic quality issues. I am expecting more issues in the years ahead and plan to unload this dog and buy a Honda. How can you pay almost $30K for a car that has such basic problems."

Love my Sienna

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"We had to buy a vehicle for me to use for work, and it had to have 2 things... cargo space and good gas mileage. I knew that Toyota was my favorite of all the SUV's and minivans on the market, so we bought the Sienna. I haven't regretted it once! Great seating for our family of four with room for 3 more adults in the 3rd row (and they truly are comfortable back there), the best cargo area we found, very comfortable, quiet ride, much better than an SUV on gas mileage, and pretty darn good looking, if you ask me!"