2008 Toyota Sienna

Based on 700 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Hasn't left me stranded yet....2005 Sienna XLE AWD

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, love the AWD feature"

Cons: "Sliding door issues - Big safety concern"

"LOVED (past tense) this van when I initially purchased it. Except now the passenger sliding door has failed. Cable got stuck in the wheel. When you google this issue there are TONS of people with the same problem, but I only found this out when I encountered this issue myself. There is now even a Facebook page dedicated to this defect in the Sienna (cable failure in sliding door). The door will not open or close, not even manually. I had to drive home with my door wide open. My husband eventually cut the cable, per other owners advice, and now I can close the door manually. The cost to repair is around $1,600. I am keeping a wire cutter in my car in case it happens to the other side. Spoke w/ Toyota and the dealership and both deny that this is an issue. Basically neither was able to explain why the door doesn't have an override feature to allow me to manually close the door. Sure paid enough for this vehicle for something so simple to go wrong."

Love it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"We needed an 8 passenger vehicle, and were limited to this and the Honda Odyssy. Our local Honda dealership did not have any instock at the time we were looking so we only tried the Sienna. We absolutely love it. The only things I would change is the back up sensors. I hate them. They go off randomly as far as I can tell. They beep frequently when pulling out of the garage as they can sense the door frame on the sides, as if I didn't know. Then I can back almost into the fence behind my house and it doesn't go off, but it will again when the driveway dips a bit, hate it, I override it automatically now. Hit reverse, hit override. The other thing I would change about mine is it only has one power door, I would prefer to have both rear doors powered as well as the rear door. We can fit three carseats in the rear bench seat, which was the selling point for us. Ours has anchors in all but one position in the rear, The seats fold up easily for cleaning, and plenty of drink holders in the back as well as the front. The middle seats don't have access to enough cup holders, but each door has a bottle holder which is fine for the older kids. I've ridden a couple of times in the middle and rear and there is plenty of room for an adult in each case, although it would probably not be good for longer trips, but airport runs are fine. Anyway, love it. We bought new so all repairs have been covered under the warranty. The only overnight stay at the service department was for a broken fuel pump."

Frustrasting poor quality

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Great ride and power, plenty of room, love the folding rear seats, excellent on long drives. No engine probems after 65K miles. After only 40K miles we had to have the driver and passenger front doors re-welded and repaired at a cost of over $1000. The passenger front window has also failed and the repair estimate is $1400. These are *very* basic quality issues. I am expecting more issues in the years ahead and plan to unload this dog and buy a Honda. How can you pay almost $30K for a car that has such basic problems."

Very Nice Vehicle - Some Issues

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"We bought a brand new 2007 LE model (the first brand new car I've ever owned). We really like the car - very comfortable, tons of power, plenty of room and great gas mileage (20-21 around town, 25-27 on trips). Unfortunately we also had a few issues in the 1st 36K miles of ownership. First the power door lock module went out on the passenger door at around 30K miles. Dealer replaced it under warranty. Then at 35K miles, the driver's side power door lock module went out as well as the passenger's visor light (not a big deal for the visor light, but I was getting annoyed at this point). Both items were fixed under warranty again. We decided to purchase the extended warranty in case we had any further issues (the lock modules alone were over $500/each plus installation - glad it wasn't on my dime!) It's good we did since now the driver's seat belt latch mechanism is giving us problems. We really like the van, but I don't think we should have had 3 repairs before the 36K mile warranty expired and another that will be required before 40K miles."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"We have owned this veh since 2004 and have not had any problems with it. It has over 175000 miles and is still going strong"