2006 Toyota Sienna

Based on 698 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Worst verhicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"04 Sienna XLE AWD has been awful. We have had numerous mechanical and tire issues. The check engine light came on 3 different times in the first 2 weeks of owning it...all resulted in various issues. The DVD system caused a continous draw on the battery which resulted in having the system disconnected permanently. Battery constantly goes dead which has left us stranded on numerous occasions. THe electronic doors don't work all the time. Run flat tires only have a life of 2 years at best. WE definitely got a lemon and will never own another Toyota."

If not for the gas mileage...

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"...this would be the greatest van ever built! It's roomy, comfy and versatile. We drove from Tacoma, WA to SoCal a couple years ago. We had plenty of room for all of us (2 adults, 3 kids - one still in diapers at the time) and all our stuff. The fact that we can plug the game system into the DVD system is awesome! Very little "are we there yet" from the back of the van. But the gas mileage is horrendus! I'm averaging 17.3 overall, right around 14 (usually less) in town, and most of my driving is in town. There is a problem with the transmission, which I'm sure is the reason for the poor gas mileage. I've had it into two dealerships a total of at least a half a dozen times to fix the issue, but they can't find anything wrong with it. They claimed to have fixed it last year, but after two weeks was back to its old self. The problem is well documented among Camry owners (the Sienna has a Camry engine), yet they still can't seem to get it fixed. I'm getting ready to trade it in for a Highlander (the only SUV with comparable space that gets better gas mileage). I can't afford to spend $80/week (sometimes more) in gas. If not for that issue, I'd drive it till it died."

Run Flat Tire Frustration

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"We have 41K miles on a 2005 all wheel drive Sienna that we purchased new. We have replaced the very expensive run flat tires 4x!! That is 4 SETS of tires in 41K miles. We were told that the vehicle does not track properly due to the manufacturer. Toyota, however, did not take responsibility and through the local dealer blamed the tire manufacturer. Toyota did, however, 1x replace all 4 run flat tires for free -- this set also lasted about 10K miles. Now we again have to buy a new set of 4 tires. If you go to standard tires you save money but the vehicle has no spare and the tires don't last any longer than the run flat tires. (We were also told that we had to replace all four rims to use non-run flat tires. This does not seem to be the case.) Calling our local Toyota dealer, we were offered an expensive "deal" including a spare wheel, spare cover and jack (it has no jack either). This option takes up storage space in the back. Storage space is a big reason we wanted a minivan. There are few good options here. VERY expensive vehicle to operate if you factor in replacing all four ties every 10K - 13K miles and 16 combined MPG."

Reliability, Comfort and Styling

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Extremely happy with our 2004 Sienna XLE with 103,000 mi after 4 yrs. In four years we have only done routine maintenance, no other repairs. No prob in cold with sliding doors as some report. Looks stylish, less like a mini-van. Previous two mini-vans were Grand Voyagers--this is just as comfortable now that "full" size in 2004 model, yet with Toyota reliability. In 2 Chryslers we had 5 transmissions. My wife drives it daily and the navigation is truly a great time saver and safety, especially at night when street signs are hard to read. I drive 1994 Camry with 285k mi and big surprise in Sienna is its turning radius seems better than my Camry! Wow. Great for family vacations with bikes on roof--3 kids and wife watch movies in back while I drive and listen to my iPod. My only complaint, i would prefer clear rather than tinted windows for visibility, especially when backing up at nite. Rear camera helps when backing up. 3-zone heating/A/C system is great, though the controls could be simplified. Nice ride on long trips to Cleveland (17 hrs) where our daughter is attending college."

Good, reliable van

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"We've put 97000 miles on this van, in 39-months. The only mechanical problem we've had is we had to replace a left rear wheel bearing and housing. We've done all routine maintenance, including replacement of timing belt at 92000 miles. It runs great, gets reasonably good gas mileage, has enough, but not a lot of power, and--while not as comfortable as a large sedan--for a van is a good vehicle to travel in. The brakes are great and it handles well. LIke all the Toyota's we've owned, you can depend on it to start and run, and never worry it not going. It just goes and goes and goes."

Good solid transportation

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I have driven this van for 90000+ miles and with no break downs! By know we all have come to expect this sort of reliabillity in a vehicle. owned 3 other mini van brands and have a good basis to compair. The toyota ride is a little rougher than the others, but the pick up and handling is much better. I have haulled a trailor about 8000 miles with the Seinna, the gas mileage suffers but the 6 speed transaxle handles it well. Day to day the van gets about 22.5 mpg, on a trip it is worth the extra to buy high test gas and the yeald is about 28 mpg @70 to 75 mph. very good! The transmission is a little course in the shift but as long as is dependable it is worth the discomfort. The seating is less comfortable than that of the other vans I have owned. On the topic of the seating: the third row stow and go is a great thing. Handy to deal with and still comfortable. the second row seats are a chalange to remove, all most imposable without taking the headrest off. In summary. the Toyota is a good reliable vehicle -- so far -- I hope this lasts another 160000 miles!"

Lemon

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I bought a Toyota because of their high ratings. I have owned my Sienna for three years and have had to buy 6 batteries and have the alternator replaced. Now the radio only works intermittently. So far the Toyota service department can't find the problem. I'm ready to trade it in for another make of vehicle."

Love My Sienna

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Nice, comfortable, reliable. Lots of extras"

Cons: "You get what you pay for, so it aint cheap"

"We have taken a trip to florida as soon as we bought this vehical it was awsome! It flies down the highway but feels like youre not going fast, watch youre speed. Very comfortable for the whole family. We also took it too colorado. Looking at selling and buying a newer sienna. LOVE IT"

Fantastic Reliable Van

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Good Value Toyota Quality"

"127000 miles in 51 months. Brakes-81000, Battery-120000. All routine maintenance was done. I use michelin tires and with regular rotations will last 90-100000 miles. The vehicle has a very soft ride. Almost like driving down the road in a lazyboy chair. It does have a slight pull in manuvering a turn or a freeway exit. Unless your in a big snow area and want to spend the extra $$$. The front wheel drive works just fine. i would recommend this vehicle to any family as it is plenty spacious."

Great Versitile Car

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Best car I ever owned. Smooth, quiet ride and easy to drive. Plenty of power. Great room for grandkids and they love the entertainment system and MP3 player plus the built-in 120V plug. Navigation system is surprisingly easy to use and displays much more information than my Prius. Bluetooth capability really makes hands-free phone usage a reality. Impressed with the little things, like the special handles made to hold plastic grocery bags and in-door bottle holders. The power sliding doors and power rear door makes loading and unloading much easier. Engine has plenty of power yet I still get 21 MPG overall. I would recommend this car to everyone."