2006 Toyota Sienna

Based on 672 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Very Nice Vehicle - Some Issues

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"We bought a brand new 2007 LE model (the first brand new car I've ever owned). We really like the car - very comfortable, tons of power, plenty of room and great gas mileage (20-21 around town, 25-27 on trips). Unfortunately we also had a few issues in the 1st 36K miles of ownership. First the power door lock module went out on the passenger door at around 30K miles. Dealer replaced it under warranty. Then at 35K miles, the driver's side power door lock module went out as well as the passenger's visor light (not a big deal for the visor light, but I was getting annoyed at this point). Both items were fixed under warranty again. We decided to purchase the extended warranty in case we had any further issues (the lock modules alone were over $500/each plus installation - glad it wasn't on my dime!) It's good we did since now the driver's seat belt latch mechanism is giving us problems. We really like the van, but I don't think we should have had 3 repairs before the 36K mile warranty expired and another that will be required before 40K miles."

By on Monday, June 25, 2007

"We leased a 2005 and have really enjoyed it for the 2 years we have had it. Its really comfortable to others we have owned. Just recently was in a crash. I got rear ended by a Briggs Truck. The Sienna held up real good for the size of vehicle that hit me. Im in the process of getting another Sienna as mine was totaled. Love the vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"We have owned this veh since 2004 and have not had any problems with it. It has over 175000 miles and is still going strong"

Best Minivan Out There!

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"My husband & I bought this van new in 06 and have never regretted it! I drive it primarily and plan to keep it until it is no longer drivable...which might be when the kids go off to college! (I've got a first grader & under...) I love everything about it. Haven't had a single problem with it. The kids love the DVD system & my husband's friends are jealous of the sound system! It drives great & above all has maintained its value. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, and then I'll want another one!!"

love toyotas

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"Very easy to get parents walkers in and out of the back door, enough room for two walkers and a wheelchair in the back well. Easy to get in and out of because there is no lip at the door to have to raise the foot over. The seats are wider than any other van on the market, so comfortable for a larger size person. Great for long distance trips. Lots of room for hauling items. This vehicle is better than a truck because of the versatility."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Our '06 Sienna xle with 31000 miles has been a great vehicle with no problems. There has been one recall to replace the closing mechanism on the rear automatic opening door. The vehicle is quiet and comfortable and a pleasure to drive. The fuel milage is a little disappointing at about 21 mpg. at about 70 miles per hour. The check tire pressure light comes on occasionally for no reason but is easily reset. The seat belt flashing warning light can't be truned off even if you wish to do so. Over all, a great vehicle."

Low Quality

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I have a 2005 sienna limited. Both side doors do not work and we have had to shut off the automation as it closed on my daughter and wouldn't release. The rear hatch had to have the hydraulics replace and we have had to take it to the shop for 3 other recalls. Very expensive vehicle for the defects that continue to reveal themselves."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"Being value conscience my entire life & having the privilege of owning a wide range of automakers vehicles, my choice is Toyota. They have been hands down most reliable, trouble free, and dependable -not to mention holding their value in comparison to the other choices out there. I will own this one until I no longer am able to drive. No worries if the Sienna is your choice of mini van."

Worst verhicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"04 Sienna XLE AWD has been awful. We have had numerous mechanical and tire issues. The check engine light came on 3 different times in the first 2 weeks of owning it...all resulted in various issues. The DVD system caused a continous draw on the battery which resulted in having the system disconnected permanently. Battery constantly goes dead which has left us stranded on numerous occasions. THe electronic doors don't work all the time. Run flat tires only have a life of 2 years at best. WE definitely got a lemon and will never own another Toyota."

If not for the gas mileage...

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"...this would be the greatest van ever built! It's roomy, comfy and versatile. We drove from Tacoma, WA to SoCal a couple years ago. We had plenty of room for all of us (2 adults, 3 kids - one still in diapers at the time) and all our stuff. The fact that we can plug the game system into the DVD system is awesome! Very little "are we there yet" from the back of the van. But the gas mileage is horrendus! I'm averaging 17.3 overall, right around 14 (usually less) in town, and most of my driving is in town. There is a problem with the transmission, which I'm sure is the reason for the poor gas mileage. I've had it into two dealerships a total of at least a half a dozen times to fix the issue, but they can't find anything wrong with it. They claimed to have fixed it last year, but after two weeks was back to its old self. The problem is well documented among Camry owners (the Sienna has a Camry engine), yet they still can't seem to get it fixed. I'm getting ready to trade it in for a Highlander (the only SUV with comparable space that gets better gas mileage). I can't afford to spend $80/week (sometimes more) in gas. If not for that issue, I'd drive it till it died."